Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...batman-1211604

Now before we pass judgement because he was in Twilight, just remember that we all thought Affleck couldn't pull it off and in BvS he was the brutal, darker Batman that we didn't expect.
    I hope the news is a joke, otherwise I hope it's boycotted to hell and back.
    Bale was good, Affleck was good, this guy is B grade garbage fit for teen movies.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    I hope the news is a joke, otherwise I hope it's boycotted to hell and back.
    Bale was good, Affleck was good, this guy is B grade garbage fit for teen movies.
    I don't think you've seen any of his movies since Twilight. He's a pretty good actor, actually.

Afflect was perfectly good as Batman, it's just that the movies asked him to be a batman people didn't want. Not his fault.

I've joked about Pattinson in the role plenty but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...batman-1211604

Now before we pass judgement because he was in Twilight, just remember that we all thought Affleck couldn't pull it off and in BvS he was the brutal, darker Batman that we didn't expect.
    Affleck is kind of a nerd who has played a superhero and other action/suspense roles. The Accountant was autistic Batman without a cape.

Patterson played a meme vampire. Not his fault but hard to get out of my head. Good actors evolve and learn to fill roles, and it can be hard to see how well an actor can portray a role until they fill it, but I just can't see him as Batman. Especially after Bale and Affleck portrayals.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I don't see point in complaining about this. Clooney is probably the single best actor to be Batman but he got a shitty movie to be Batman in.

A good script and director should be able to deal with any performance limitations.

It would be nice if he does a good Batman voice. The best Batvoice is probably still Stephen Amell.
    I think you misspelled Kevin Conroy there.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I know right.

I dont even think Stephen Amell has voiced Batman, he plays Olivier Queen/the arrow in a shitty CW show.

Kevin Conroy is a 20-30 year veteran with some of the best batman movies under his name and certainty the best batman tv show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't think you've seen any of his movies since Twilight. He's a pretty good actor, actually.
    He doesn't have the face nor body to be a Batman. Nor the voice.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Something like this could be interesting
    Batman of the Future would be a interessting choise i agree.

Am I the only one who is kind of tired of Batman movies? I've been watching them since Adam West, and I've reached the point where we're trying to reinvent the Batman role too much instead of focusing on other characters. Even the mid-90's Batman movies were more of an updated non-serious, campy vibe that West brought to the table (although I'll admit Kilmer/Clooney as Batman were rather meh). Maybe it's just a DC thing right now, where they can't find a way to branch out into other characters beyond their staples like Marvel has.

I'm rather interested in the new Joker movie, as it's something rather refreshing than just another Batman movie. Pattinson could hit it out the park, which would be great, however I think we're at the point where the standards have been set so high in such recent memory that you need to hit it out of the park to not be considered a failure.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I like it.

Not what I had in mind, but I can see it work.
    - Dare not to sleep -

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Batman of the Future would be a interessting choise i agree.
    Gotta agree here, him playing in a batman beyond role could work very well. I mean just look at the old ass bruce wayne in the animation, he still towers over the young one (casey, was it?), even in his hunched, old and decreptit state.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    No, its Stephen Amell. I find it a little ironic the best person to do a proper Batvoice is someone who's never played the character.

Best Batperformance goes to Jackie Earl Haley who's also never played Batman.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    One of my favorite aspects of Batman is how the fan base is so consistently wrong about the actors picked to play Batman.

The Michael Keaton announcement resulted in over 50,000 fans sending angry letters to Warner Bros. But announcements for Val Kilmer and George Clooney were generally greeted positively.

When Christian Bale was announced, he got a lot of heat. And the fans completely trashed Heath Ledger.

While not universally acclaimed, most people though Ben Affleck did a good job...completely opposite of the petitions against the announcement (and social media meltdown).

Lesson Learned: If the fan boys are against it, that likely means the actor will do well in the role.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    One of my favorite aspects of Batman is how the fan base is so consistently wrong about the actors picked to play Batman.

The Michael Keaton announcement resulted in over 50,000 fans sending angry letters to Warner Bros. But announcements for Val Kilmer and George Clooney were generally greeted positively.

When Christian Bale was announced, he got a lot of heat. And the fans completely trashed Heath Ledger.

While not universally acclaimed, most people though Ben Affleck did a good job...completely opposite of the petitions against the announcement (and social media meltdown).

Lesson Learned: If the fan boys are against it, that likely means the actor will do well in the role.
    i dont care what others think but ben affleck was a fine batman, better then the annoyng voice from bale(though also a good actor)

Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma84 View Post
    i dont care what others think but ben affleck was a fine batman, better then the annoyng voice from bale(though also a good actor)
    The voice performance of bale was just awful. I get that people liked the movies and his bruce wayne also worked, but his batman lines were just atrocious. It's the equivalent to my 16 year old self pretending to be batman on carneval.

10+ Year Old Account
    DC should stick to animated flicks.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Well, they said Keaton'd be terrible. But he pulled it off pretty well. The real test is how he does as Bruce Wayne.

Too bad I can't stand his face. Not even Twilight related, I just can't.

But at least I can look forward to the Joker movie. Absolutely nailed it.

DC doesn't even want to compete with Marvel it seems. Such a horrible joice. And why. Pattinson is no longer popular among any demographics. The twilight craze died out years ago.