Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    So if 15 people are there, 14 people are shooting paintball guns, and one person is holding a handgun but hasn't shot it yet, that gun doesn't exist?

Not hearing a gun doesn't mean a gun isn't present.
    I don't think shooting and killing someone because they might have a firearm on them, and not using it, would hold up in court.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    No, the quietest actually. What would be the quietest legal firearm?

What paintball guns do you own? Nothing I've heard from 5+ years of arena visits has ever sounded loud whatsoever. The impact is always louder but if you ever shot in the open distance, not much. If there is a paintball rifle designed to be deafening loud, I question the purpose of that.
    1. Not all guns are deafening loud.
    2. Arena guns are finely tuned for rapid fire and accuracy, which causes them to be more quiet than normal paintballs guns.
    3. Woodball or open field guns blow their loads faster to push the balls further. Reduced accuracy and much louder noise.

My experience with all of this? 5 years in the Marines, 30+ years hunting ducks/deer and 25+ years playing paintball.

A simple youtube search will show just how loud (or quiet) paintball guns and real guns can be.
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    1. Not all guns are deafening loud.
    2. Arena guns are finely tuned for rapid fire and accuracy, which causes them to be more quiet than normal paintballs guns.
    3. Woodball or open field guns blow their loads faster to push the balls further. Reduced accuracy and much louder noise.

My experience with all of this? 5 years in the Marines, 30+ years hunting ducks/deer and 25+ years playing paintball.

A simple youtube search will show just how loud (or quiet) paintball guns and real guns can be.
    So, you are saying, after your Experience that you cannot hear a clear Difference between a Paintball gun, and a real gun?

I defend my home with my fists like a damn man.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Shooting to scare have a higher possiblity of getting you killed, if people are actually trying to kill you. If you are not 100% sure, that they are trying to kill you, you should atleast shoot into the air once or twice to see if they are gonna run away.

The entire idea, that you are meet with a "kill or be killed" situation often enough, that you have to think about if shooting to scare will increase your chance of winning a gun-fight, is just insane. If you live in a place, where that is mind state is needed, you should proberly move.
    First off shooting into the air is extremely illegal. What goes up must come down and innocent people have died because of it. Police don't even shoot into the air. But I don't expect any of the experts on here to do any research before stating their flimsy opinions.

If I'm not 100% sure someone is doing something to harm myself or family why would I even pull a weapon out? To elevate the situation?

And how do you know if people shooting at your house aren't trying to harm people in the house... other than being sane and assuming they are not inviting you over to a pool party. Do you step outside and yell timeout, hope the person stops firing the weapon so you can confront them and ask what their intensions are. There must be a high lead content in the drinking water where are from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    So, you are saying, after your Experience that you cannot hear a clear Difference between a Paintball gun, and a real gun?
    That is 100% what I am saying. I have heard many different guns and paintball guns firing in different environments through my lifetime and they all make different sounds.

There is not "a gun sound". There is not "a paintball sound". You watch too many action movies where they use the same stock "gun sound" for every gun they shoot and think "Hey, that must be what guns sound like".

And lets completely ignore the fact that people have different levels of hearing effectiveness. The ear drum in my right ear is complete trash due to shooting AT4s in Iraq. Everyone is different with different life experiences.

Moral of the story, don't shoot at people houses and expect no repercussions.

Can someone decode this for me?
    It's like it was written in a different language and then used in google translate.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Real guns sound nothing like paintball guns, on account of vastly different muzzle velocities.
    Well he is dumb then because muzzles have no velocities when shooting a gun unless the muzzle somehow shoots off.

And real guns sound nothing like other real guns.

And paintball guns sound nothing like other paintball guns.
    Last edited by Carnedge; 2019-05-23 at 02:41 PM.

playing paintball in a regular street is pretty dumb.

but if they werent trespassing and no stray paint blobs hit the dudes house, i can see this turning out bad for him.

also who in their right mind goes outside to talk to the shooter to ask whats up when they believe their house is being shot at. wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    playing paintball in a regular street is pretty dumb.

but if they werent trespassing and no stray paint blobs hit the dudes house, i can see this turning out bad for him.

also who in their right mind goes outside to talk to the shooter to ask whats up when they believe their house is being shot at. wtf?
    They weren't playing paintball... dude was standing outside in the dark shooting a paintball gun at his house

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Something that goes up and then down, is much less dangerous than shooting straight ahead.
    still comes down fast enough to kill some random person a couple blocks away.

- - - Updated - - -

They weren't playing paintball... dude was standing outside in the dark shooting a paintball gun at his house
    oh, yeah then i guess it's just castle law thingie and he is in the clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he is dumb then because muzzles have no velocities when shooting a gun unless the muzzle somehow shoots off.
    Claims to be an ex-Marine with extensive experience with firearms.

Doesn't know what muzzle velocity means.

Cute.

Muzzle velocity is not the velocity of the muzzle, but the velocity of the projectile at the muzzle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_velocity

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Muzzle velocity is not the velocity of the muzzle, but the velocity of the projectile at the muzzle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_velocity
    And that's the only thing that determines the noise?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Claims to be an ex-Marine with extensive experience with firearms.

Doesn't know what muzzle velocity means.

Cute.
    We don't play with words in the Marines. And I'm not an ex-Marine as there is no such thing.

I love this. Can I get you some crayons Mr. "Marine for 5 years"?

The bullet going super-sonic is what makes the most noise, not the expanding gasses like some believe. Which is why supressors, without subsonic ammo, are still pretty damn loud.
    Last edited by Acelius; 2019-05-23 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I love this. Can I get you some crayons Mr. "Marine for 5 years"?
    I'm not hungry at the moment, but thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    Glad you aren't responsible for defending my wife and kids. I'm not sure how close to the police you live, but for me I'm looking at a 10-15 minute response time minimum. That's plenty of time for something bad to happen that could be preventable with the proper application of a firearm.

I'll keep my guns, thanks.
    1) What are the actual odds that someone attacks your wife and kids?
    2) Why do you need a gun to defend yourself? Wouldn't a knife or bat suffice in most situations?
    3) What's more likely: you successfully defending your family from a real criminal, or you accidentally killing someone who you mistook for a criminal? Probably the latter.

I know plenty of people in rural Canada that are just fine without stand your ground laws.

No, that has more to do with noise level. There is also the fact that real guns use a controlled explosion to propel the bullet while paintball guns release an amount of compressed gas.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    1) What are the actual odds that someone attacks your wife and kids?
    2) Why do you need a gun to defend yourself? Wouldn't a knife or bat suffice in most situations?
    3) What's more likely: you successfully defending your family from a real criminal, or you accidentally killing someone who you mistook for a criminal? Probably the latter.

I know plenty of people in rural Canada that are just fine without stand your ground laws.
    1) Do you know the odds? At what %, in your opinion, do we have the right to own a weapon for defensive purposes? In my opinion, if there is even a fraction of a percent chance.
    2) Never bring a knife to a gun fight
    3) How did you come to this conclusion exactly?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I have a hard time seeing a scenario where a paintbull gun can be mistaken for an actual gun.
    That would be your limitation though since, clearly, many other people can.

7+ Year Old Account
    First off shooting into the air is extremely illegal. What goes up must come down and innocent people have died because of it. Police don't even shoot into the air. But I don't expect any of the experts on here to do any research before stating their flimsy opinions.

If I'm not 100% sure someone is doing something to harm myself or family why would I even pull a weapon out? To elevate the situation?

And how do you know if people shooting at your house aren't trying to harm people in the house... other than being sane and assuming they are not inviting you over to a pool party. Do you step outside and yell timeout, hope the person stops firing the weapon so you can confront them and ask what their intensions are. There must be a high lead content in the drinking water where are from.

- - - Updated - - -

That is 100% what I am saying. I have heard many different guns and paintball guns firing in different environments through my lifetime and they all make different sounds.

There is not "a gun sound". There is not "a paintball sound". You watch too many action movies where they use the same stock "gun sound" for every gun they shoot and think "Hey, that must be what guns sound like".

And lets completely ignore the fact that people have different levels of hearing effectiveness. The ear drum in my right ear is complete trash due to shooting AT4s in Iraq. Everyone is different with different life experiences.

Moral of the story, don't shoot at people houses and expect no repercussions.
    You are already doing something in an extreme situation, you are choosing to shoot up instead of killing. The choice is between shooting to kill or shooting not with the intent to kill, whether this is up or somewhere else.

I don't know if you have followed the gun situation in the US, but alot of incidents have happen just because people have a gun and pull it out without thinking really. This man proberly thought his house was under attack, took his gun and went out ready to defend it, no matter what actually was waiting out there. I don't think he judged the situation, he just went with his gut feeling and that was apperantly to kill whoever was out there, no matter how much danger he was really in.

How i know?....Well, by the enviroment i am in. If i live in a US neighborhood, which is quiet and without much violence or crime, im pretty fucking sure, that people are not out to kill me and my family. If i hear shoots in the neighborhood or on my house, i don't directly go to think that a gang of murderes are outside trying to kill me. What you do is try to find out what is going on, yell at them and try to communicate instead of going outside with guns blazing.

Ohh and thanks for the personal attack. Its been a long time somebody have argued with me and felt so low in their arguements, that they had to resort to that .
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.