Poll: Are You Going To Play Classic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I will probably play for a bit. It also comes out like 2 weeks before class starts so i doubt ill play much since other games may grab my interest. We'll see though.

yes but i remember classic for what it was and know most of my friends wont enjoy it , but they still want to try it out so guess here we go again :P

I would have guessed the trend on this to be 50/50, however, 60/40 could be a great indication on how popular wow classic will be.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have the launch week booked off and going to see how close to 60 I can get. Will still play retail maybe but Classic will be my main game.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't know really.

Without a doubt. I might even give retail some love again. Vanilla was, for me, a much better and more fun experience.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I'm not super hyped, but I'll be playing. I think it'll be cool to see some of the places and NPCs that have either been removed from the game or drastically altered since Classic.

Well boys & girls, the numbers don't lie!
    The flavor of 2019 -> 2020 is 100% going to be classic.

Wouldn't be surprised if Classic wow sets record numbers for blizzard.

The HYPE is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    No. It had it's charm just like watching VHS tapes back in the day but I prefer to move forward rather than backwards.
    Well, that's just it. There's some that feel the game hasn't moved forward (other then sequentially in expansions), and that just being able to play the game as it was originally released would be a breath of fresh air. Not everyone will have the same opinion about it. I know that you need an active sub in order to play it, but it would be extremely interesting if Blizz tracked and showed numbers of players actively playing Classic and "Retail" say over a 1 year period. Where was a majority of the player base during peak periods, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Wowclassic as name and instantly insulting retail, could you get more cliche?
    To be fair... this IS the Classic forum.

Yes I am playing... haven't been this excited for WoW since Wrath or Cata. I recall standing in line at Gamestop at Midnight both times... picking op the expansions and rushing home to get it installed and trying to log in.

I was excited for WoD launch as well... because I somehow thought returning to Outland meant returning to TBC... or at least would feel like it. Man was I wrong. lol

And while WoD wasn't very good... the following two expansions just fell of the face of the earth for me. Classic though... man am I ever hyped... and I loved having the stress test access yesterday.
    Last edited by Maudib; 2019-05-24 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    To be fair... this IS the Classic forum.

Yes I am playing... haven't been this excited for WoW since Wrath or Cata. I recall standing in line at Gamestop at Midnight both times... picking op the expansions and rushing home to get it installed and trying to log in.

I was excited for WoD launch as well... because I somehow thought returning to Outland meant returning to TBC... or at least would feel like it. Man was I wrong. lol

And while WoD wasn't very good... the following two expansions just fell of the face of the earth for me. Classic though... man am I ever hyped... and I loved having the stress test access yesterday.
    Please tell me, when you were on that stress test - didn't it feel like a World Again?
    You started out so underpowedered, useless.

A few levels go by and you're stronger.

Exploration, TONS of players...

Everything about Classic is what Retail is not and it's ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Please tell me, when you were on that stress test - didn't it feel like a World Again?
    You started out so underpowedered, useless.

A few levels go by and you're stronger.

Exploration, TONS of players...

Everything about Classic is what Retail is not and it's ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.
    It did indeed! It was very, very cool.

People were buffing one another ads they walked by, inviting to group to enter caves, and then they call to head to a capitol city to do battle with a great foe? Sweet!

Here is what I did in the 2 hours I could play last night:

Rolled gnome mage,

Leveled from 1-5 (A few quests but mostly grinding mobs)

Ran to Ironforge and learned Tailoring and Enchanting

Took tram to Stormwind

Went to Goldshire and picked up quests for the Kobold Cave

Ground Kobolds til I have a little over 50 linen cloth (I bought a stack of 20 n the AH too)

Made linen bolts then Brown Linen Robes

Disenchanted to get level 10 and mats

Crafted a runed copper rod and 5 lesser magic wands.

By that time Thrall had just spawned and I went to the Hall of Champions with a crapton of other players... I dunno maybe 400-500? Maybe more?

Opened trade with four random level 6 priests, mages and warlocks, gave them a wand... and they all said thanks!!!!!

Then we proceeded to kill Thrall. Then Patchwerk spawned and we proceeded to kite him to Price Anduin (who did absolutely nothing! lol)

It was a BLAST! And everyone at the end was wishing everyone the best of luck and see you in August!

GLORIOUS! Had more fun in those 2 hours than I have had playing WoW the past 3 expansions.

Last edited by Maudib; 2019-05-24 at 04:33 PM.

Now that's an experience you'll never find in retail!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Now that's an experience you'll never find in retail!
    If you mean thrall and patch work spawning in stormwind you wouldn’t have that on classic either if you mean having a ton of people around people have been doing that on retail. Here’s a thread I remembered.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...after-19-hours!

I'm confused as to what the amazing "experience" is.. standing around 30 other people like a spazz with most of them /s or /y stupid stuff?

Would have, but I've delved into FF14 these past two months and I am thoroughly enjoying that instead.

This should be on the General Board...

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    I got a day one classic invite and I never signed up for the classic beta. I actually thought it was weird and checked again. Definitely don't have classic opted in.
    Literally impossible, you have to manually go and opt-in for the Classic beta, because it's a new entry on the beta page and thus, un-checked by default.

But go on, keep lying on the internet.