Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Considering there are more than just white people in this country...
    That would seem strange, what of a black congressperson representing a district that wasn't 100% black? Or women perhaps being fifty or more percent of a legislative body despite representing geographic areas where women are not the sole inhabitants?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    That would seem strange, what of a black congressperson representing a district that wasn't 100% black? Or women perhaps being fifty or more percent of a legislative body despite representing geographic areas where women are not the sole inhabitants?
    The issue here is politicians picking their voters not the other way around to ensure winning, also leads to offices being pretty much lifetime appointments which is not good.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The issue here is politicians picking their voters not the other way around to ensure winning, also leads to offices being pretty much lifetime appointments which are not good.
    Are politicians aiming to have their ideal voter base entirely bad? I mean, in a long term Democrats are very hopeful that as the White American population declines their electoral prospects will rise; thus making the defacto open borders positions make more practical sense.

This sounds like wanting the constituency that supports you to have as much power politically as possible, which is obviously a good political strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That movement has been going for a very long time, it's not something that popped up in the past couple years.
    It is just that it seems like it, with how things have been recently, that it seems more vocal than normal case of learn something every day..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That is entirely wrong... for years this has been an issue.
    Yeah I am finding that out from the replies I have been getting from my post..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Do you actually think this? Do you not remember Bush? Twice in my life the same party has won the presidency despite the will of the people of this nation. Maybe you are too young to remember 19 years ago, but I'm not.
    More a case of not until recently that I have taken notice, as most of the time it is a case of politics being very boring.. And I am probably older than you but not going to worry about that..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    not remotely true

I believe the events of 1968 constitute the clearest proof that priority must be accorded to electoral college reform.
    -Richard Nixon, February 1969

Nixon's plan was even voted on in the House in Sept of that year, it was then killed in the Senate

Edit: and it was both Nixon and Humphrey pushing for it
    Sept 18th 1969, The U.S. House of Representatives voted, 339 to 70, to approve a proposed 26th Amendment to the United States Constitution that, if approved by two-thirds of the U.S. Senate and then ratified by 38 of the 50 state legislatures of the United States, would abolish the United States Electoral College and would allow the President of the United States to be elected directly by the voters.

in case you want to claim the tiresome "its only one side when they are losing"
    Well that is something that I did not know and it is interesting, that it has been battled over for so long..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    It's a caricature, and it's not antisemitic. Illuminati was not a Jewish group. Elite bankers can be from any ethnic group. You can accuse him of conspiracy, but no anti-Semitism.

Nice try though.
    It’s Ben Garrison.
    Also I know the Illuminati isn’t a Jewish conspiracy...I think anyway. They’re a meme at this point.

Are politicians aiming to have their ideal voter base entirely bad?
    That is not the same thing as carving out districts abnormally to hold power, picking your voters is not the same as appealing to a specific demographic you are conflating the two on purpose. One is normal the other goes against the very concept of democracy, if you cannot appeal to a district then perhaps you shouldn't be running or maybe change the issues you address.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are politicians aiming to have their ideal voter base entirely bad?
    When it means gerrymandering and fighting to disenfranchise groups, as has become the republican way? Yes. A thousand times yes.

I mean, in a long term Democrats are very hopeful that as the White American population declines their electoral prospects will rise; thus making the defacto open borders positions make more practical sense.
    Incorrect. Your supposition that, because fewer non-whites vote republican, that democrats must therefore dislike white people voting, is a poorly drawn conclusion.

This sounds like wanting the constituency that supports you to have as much power politically as possible, which is obviously a good political strategy.
    It's ensuring that everyone has appropriate representation.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The entire premise of this entire thing is to keep power to a dying ideology and i am sure the democrats would do something similar if they were the ones losing out to the changing demographics. Population growth among whites is in decline and likely will continue on that path for a myriad of reasons without any real fixes that are not easy to implement at a fast enough pace. NAFTA should have had a freedom of labor movement provision to allow those who work seasonally in fields and such to come and earn money for their family back home or whatever.

It is also not a shock that gerrymandering is the new poll tax problem. How hard would it to have a non partisan group to actual draw the maps? If your ideology goes against the words on the statue of liberty perhaps you should rethink your ideology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    The entire premise of this entire thing is to keep power to a dying ideology and i am sure the democrats would do something similar if they were the ones losing out to the changing demographics.
    Maybe, maybe not.

But we need to deal with real problems, not hypothetical ones that absolve real people orchestrating real problems of the blame they're due.

Population growth among whites is in decline and likely will continue on that path for a myriad of reasons without any real fixes that are not easy to implement at a fast enough pace.
    No "solution" is needed. The reason "white people" are disappearing is because of America's low birthrate and the notion that a white person having a child with a non-white person then lends a child that's deemed "not white" in the eyes of many.

Neither of those things can be "fixed" save for white people marrying other white people and having lots of children. And you can't, or rather, shouldn't, force those things to happen.

NAFTA should have had a freedom of labor movement provision to allow those who work seasonally in fields and such to come and earn money for their family back home or whatever.
    Trump is not interested in a functioning international trade system; how would such a thing benefit him, personally? It wont. Ergo, he doesn't care. The result of his policies are immaterial to him; it's the message of his policies he cares about because that's what his constituency cares about.

It is also not a shock that gerrymandering is the new poll tax problem. How hard would it to have a non partisan group to actual draw the maps?
    It wouldn't be difficult in the least.

The ease of implementation, however, is not the issue. The GOP retains an unfortunate amount of power right now, and they know that redistricting royally hampers their ability to get reelected. Hence why they'll oppose fair redistricting at every turn.

If your ideology goes against the words on the statue of liberty perhaps you should rethink your ideology.
    They don't care about such things; that's the problem.

Their voters might, and maybe a handful of their congressmen do; but sadly, they're duped into believing that their personal beliefs are represented by the GOP at large.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-06-02 at 10:00 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Those people will be counted and represented, whether there is a citizenship question or not doesn't change that.

The left's argument is that including the citizenship question will dissuade undocumented migrants from participating in the census, for fear that their illegal status will be found out and they will be deported (however unlikely that may be)... Resulting in areas with large numbers of undocumented migrants having a lower recorded population and in turn being underrepresented.
    Lets ignore the arguments just for argument sake because your kind of missing the point. When Republicans push for these changes what is there goal....the same with the voter fraud and ID change.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    It is just that it seems like it, with how things have been recently, that it seems more vocal than normal case of learn something every day..

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I am finding that out from the replies I have been getting from my post..

- - - Updated - - -

More a case of not until recently that I have taken notice, as most of the time it is a case of politics being very boring.. And I am probably older than you but not going to worry about that..

- - - Updated - - -

Well that is something that I did not know and it is interesting, that it has been battled over for so long..
    It is more vocal,and rightfully so. It shows the disparity in voting power between people. it's our country's oldest form of affirmative action. People seem to think there's no other way to do it, yet we get it do e at every other level of government, as well as almost every other government on the planet. Our model is inconsistent, and is forced imequality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Oh hey, antisemitic tropes.
    What is anti-Semitic about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    how is that antisemetic wtf
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    What is anti-Semitic about it?
    The fact that the "The media and global elites are controlled by the Jews" conspiracy has popularly existed for over a century at this point. Its propagation led to the Holocaust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing in that picture portrays that except your own prejudices and projections
    Oh, the irony. Maybe learn some history.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    The fact that the "The media and global elites are controlled by the Jews" conspiracy has popularly existed for over a century at this point. Its propagation led to the Holocaust.
    But, that's not really what was in the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    This is your own conflation and no one else.

10+ Year Old Account
    how is that antisemetic wtf
    I've said it before: "Global elite bankers" is one of the antisemitic dog whistle phrases for "Jews".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This is your own conflation and no one else.
    You have to be stupid to believe that considering those conspiracies have existed for centuries.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    It still amazes me how you don't have an independent electoral commission which runs free of administrative oversight.

Stuff like this stops being an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    It still amazes me how you don't have an independent electoral commission which runs free of administrative oversight.

Some states do, most states don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

There are states where nonpartisan commissions handle redistricting. Arizona is one such state; the GOP there sued it, arguing the commission was unconstitutional.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers