I got a question; do I need to acquire all the expansions in order to put Elsweyr on to my ESO account?

The latest expansion looks interesting, but I am not sure how I feel about buying all the expansion sets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I got a question; do I need to acquire all the expansions in order to put Elsweyr on to my ESO account?

The latest expansion looks interesting, but I am not sure how I feel about buying all the expansion sets.
    No, you don't need to buy other expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I just started playing and I'm having an absolute blast. I recommend anyone who is tired of WoW and wants an MMORPG to give it a shot. The base game costs $20 and it still provides a ton of content with Morrowind, which gives you a chance to get the new chapter or subscribe.

The biggest con are the microtransactions, though WoW isn't that far behind nowadays and the game itself more than makes up for it.

Standard includes Morrowind nowadays, and you can get an ESO+ subscription for everything else if you want.

Is there some secret trick to PvP I'm not getting? Vet dungeons got a little to easy so I'm trying to break into PvP. I'm around 230 CP, I made a full plate purple impen tank gear set and I still get melted by other players. My damage is crap, my heals are crap, but certain enemies in battlegrounds don't seem to have that problem. I find it hard to believe a slightly different gear set is going to make that big of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    No, you don't need to buy other expansions.
    Oh that's good. I'll probably end up buying the others sometime down the road then.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Is there some secret trick to PvP I'm not getting? Vet dungeons got a little to easy so I'm trying to break into PvP. I'm around 230 CP, I made a full plate purple impen tank gear set and I still get melted by other players. My damage is crap, my heals are crap, but certain enemies in battlegrounds don't seem to have that problem. I find it hard to believe a slightly different gear set is going to make that big of a difference.
    practice and likely your build. cp is disabled in battlegrounds, so other then allowing you to wear 160 gear - its not a factor at all. some people also build for burst, at the cost of baseline survivability so they are rolly polly glass cannons. are you eating good food also? it makes kind of ridiculous difference. potions?

but honestly, a lot of it is practice and build adjustements

- - - Updated - - -

Oh that's good. I'll probably end up buying the others sometime down the road then.
    if you subscribe - they are automatically available as long as you stay subscribed. the game is scaled to max level though, so you can go anywhere, literally anywhere the moment you start playing, so its not like WoW, where you HAVE to go through content in order. (even with new scaling, some of that still remains).

Everyone watch the Bethesda stream for your free mount?

Sai Sahan! I wonder how they handle it. and personaly, I want Lyris back as well!

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/56433

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    Sai Sahan! I wonder how they handle it. and personaly, I want Lyris back as well!

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/56433
    Isn't he an option to die in the main storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Isn't he an option to die in the main storyline?
    yes he is. hence the wondering of how they handle it mind you he (and Lyris) lives for all of MY characters, but nonetheless. guess we will find out in about half a year :P

Yeah I just finished the main quest line with Sai dying at the end. It seemed like they were making it pretty clear he was gone for good at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I thought everyone just kills the Prophet.
    apparently there are people who find Sai boring, and people who hate Lyris for some reason or other? according to the forums quite a few people killed Sai :/ me, I just kill the prophet, cause he is primarily responsible, AND doesn't have much time left to live anyways what with artificial aging and all (and apparently he dies sometime around events of wrothgar anyways? or so I'm told, I've yet to keep him alive on any of my characters. too much of a sap for Lyris and Sai's love story. yes. I can never kill either one of those, cause I want them to get at least some happiness, darn it!)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Everyone watch the Bethesda stream for your free mount?
    Nope. Nice "fuck you" to EU players by having the stream at 3.30am and it being the only way to get the goodies.... :/

- - - Updated - - -

I thought everyone just kills the Prophet.
    I killed Sai.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

kinda crazy it let me get all the way up towards the end of the story at level 19.

haven't even really done much of the faction story. feel like i should probably do that before i finish the main story, cause it won't make sense or something.

also, it feels like the prophet's fate to die for this. don't really care about the relation of the other two, if anything it'd make me more likely to pick one of them, because i find romances annoying if they don't involve my characters. but the prophet feels like the one for this story-wise, definitely.

also, that fight with the redguard undead was A LOT harder than mannimarco lol.

- - - Updated - - -

also, since the character i'm playing is dunmer, about halfway through the story the realization hit me that my efforts are kinda needless.

the world's not in any actual danger. sotha, vivec, and almalexia are at their peak power, vivec is CHIM'd. any single one of them could pop up and skullfuck mannimarco whenever they want, and bal would get MUATRA'D.com if he tried to come to tamriel himself.

maybe setting this in the time period with three actual gods manifest on nirn wasn't a great idea.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2019-06-10 at 09:12 AM.

For me the love story doesn't even factor. It was Varen's arrogance that caused the Planemeld and he is close to death already anyway.
    that is my justification. i find it to be a very good one. /Avasarala

I mean.. even if Sai and Lyris didn't have that subplot, I still would have picked Varen, but that subplot was kind of an icing on a cake. I personaly love it when characters have lives and loves of their own that do not involve around my pc. it makes the world and the character feel more immersive.

Nope. Nice "fuck you" to EU players by having the stream at 3.30am and it being the only way to get the goodies.... :/
    I mean.. it was a literally livestream from a major conference, though couldn't exactly pick another time to stream it. it was.. LIVE. from E3.

do I think they should have just done the "kill a monster during his time period" thing for pc like they did for consoles? yes. but complaining that they are doing stream at that particular time as fuck you to EU players is a little... misguided.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I mean.. it was a literally livestream from a major conference, though couldn't exactly pick another time to stream it. it was.. LIVE. from E3.

do I think they should have just done the "kill a monster during his time period" thing for pc like they did for consoles? yes. but complaining that they are doing stream at that particular time as fuck you to EU players is a little... misguided.
    Obviously that is not what I meant, surely you can't be serious.

The problem is that the IN GAME GOODIES are tied only to that stream. If there was another way for EU players to get the goodies, like eg. watch the VOD from twitch afterwards, that would be fine.

Obviously that is not what I meant, surely you can't be serious.

The problem is that the IN GAME GOODIES are tied only to that stream. If there was another way for EU players to get the goodies, like eg. watch the VOD from twitch afterwards, that would be fine.
    no, I'm perfectly serious. 1. that other way shuld have been there for pc in general, not just EU. there are plenty of US players for whom that streamtime is inconvenient. there are plenty of EU players for whom that stream time works just fine.

this whole "make a separate thing for EU" is just... don't. and as i said, they did NOT pick the time as a fuck you to EU players, they tie pc rewards to watching a stream habitually and it just so happens that this time was dictated by where they were. I also distinctly remember there being rewards tied to watching a stream from gamescon in germany and let me tell you - the time of that stream was AWFUL if you work regular job. smack dab in a middle of a workday.

can they make those drops tie to console style eligibility? probably? just please stop making it like its EU problem its a PC problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Time had nothing to do with bethesda most likely it was an E3 I'm pretty sure they handle the time placements not game devs.

I watched it just to see potential news on ES6 but ofc there was nothing but trash.. except for ESO trailer I guess. Doom is cool too I suppose lol.

I got trash from the crates and the mount is meh, I'll never use it. Not like anyone missed out on a lot, they didn't have to give anything at all.

EU always complains but honestly we can't do much cuz a lot of big game companies are US based.

So I'm still rather confused on all this game. I found a guide centered around this video of a templar doing 90k dps
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmkEq2OMmLQ
    Copying his bars and rotation, I can't even get a quarter of the kind of DPS. Is some perfect set and about 500CP levels the difference between that kind of damage?

Also, I noticed something like a blue staff/gear drop can sell for upwards of 30k+ if it has the right stats on it. Now I'm afraid I may have deconstructed some really good ideas in the past. I have the Master Merchant addon, but even that doesn't give me a price popup for all items. How should I tell if some random gear drop I get is actually worth a ton of gold?
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2019-06-18 at 08:30 AM.