Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Ain't it a "bit" silly

That probably the most anticipated MMORPG game of 2019 (and overall) is a relaunch of a 15y old one? Not dissing Classic or anything like that, that's not my intention. There are good enough reasons for why it should exists as well as sufficient playerbase interested.
    I just find it funny that whole industry in over a decade didn't come up with a better idea for MMO than Blizzard did. And yes, while WoW (vanilla) did many things right and fine, there are aspects and quirks to it that are very... so so.
    My personal problem with classic is that it's a "dead game", dead in a sense that a language can be "dead". It still might function just fine and all but it's development processes have stopped.
    I mean... will we ever again get to know some fresh blood and ideas in MMO genre?
    Last edited by FAILoZOFF; 2019-06-12 at 01:51 PM.

Its like when you make a MMO where your time invested is meaningfull is attractive and where you cant just buy your way forward ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    That the most anticipated MMORPG game of 2019 (and overall) is a relaunch of a 15y old one?
    Source please.

Some of the most anticipated games at E3 were remakes (FF7/Links awakening/etc). Think about how much furor "Hoenn confirmed" had

Nostalgia sells

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsoni View Post
    where you cant just buy your way forward ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    what game are you talking about?
    vanilla you could buy your way forward just as much as you can now.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Well it fits right in with a lot of what is trending right now: Nostalgia, Good old Games, Retro Trend an so on.

Probably has to do with a bunch of the original gamer population now have left the phase in their life where the turmoil of starting careers and family occupied their time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it the only MMORPG of 2019?

I do find it amazing how not one other MMO has managed to recreate what WoW did. Every other MMO I've played is plagued with issues like shit combat, engine issues, instanced zones, crap dungeons, none or bad raids, crap graphics (WoW's graphics age extremely well), no pvp etc.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-06-12 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Source please.
    actually? no sorce, but pretty much a safe bet. I mean, afaik there aren't any official plans of releasing anything "big", anytime soon. So yeah, even if Classsic wouldn't have all that really big interest at the end of the day, its still something, and there's nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Is it the only MMORPG of 2019?

I do find it amazing how not one other MMO has managed to recreate what WoW did. Every other MMO I've played is plagued with issues like shit combat and engine issues.
    not really, but nothing else comes anywhere close in terms of interest

7+ Year Old Account
    actually? no sorce, but pretty much a safe bet. I mean, afaik there aren't any official plans of releasing anything "big", anytime soon. So yeah, even if Classsic wouldn't have all that really big interest at the end of the day, its still something, and there's nothing else.
    "Most anticipated MMO of 2019"
    "Actuallty i have no source but its the only mmo releasing in 2019 so its still true"

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah ok man
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Classic is like an UnRemaster, where everyone just prefers the original.

not really, but nothing else comes anywhere close in terms of interest
    really ? how did you measure that ?

@FAILoZOFF

I agree with the part of your post where you say the MMORPG genre wasnt able to move forward or "have better ideas"

The thing is, WoW evolved in the direction of todays market.
    And in the way forgot about its original target audience.

We could say Vanilla WoW was made for the market at the time and today is no different.

But we will find soon enough if there is still a market for "oldschool MMO designs" today.

Classic WoW will be an amazing research for the current market.

It's the same reason that I still listen to music from the 90s. It's the music of my youth and I don't care what's on the radio today, 90s music is going to always be better to my ears.

Yeah, so you only THINK it's the most anticipated release, because you frequent MMO-Champion and other WoW sources and don't even know what else is coming. Ok. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    that's the power of nostalgia. I still agree with J allen when he said "You think you do, but you don't".

Vanilla will spike hard at the start, but will go down drastically within few weeks to a fraction of the population.
    That being said, I think it's a good idea to contain certain groups within their own communities away from the original retail.
    Sounds edgy, but even the big vanilla supporters know the population will level off after an initial spike =P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Yeah, so you only THINK it's the most anticipated release, because you frequent MMO-Champion and other WoW sources and don't even know what else is coming. Ok. Got it.
    With this level of smirkiness I assume you know of another MMORPG that's slated for release? o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Nostalgia idiots drollin over nostalgia. nothin new
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

That the most anticipated MMORPG game of 2019 (and overall) is a relaunch of a 15y old one? Not dissing Classic or anything like that, that's not my intention. There are good enough reasons for why it should exists as well as sufficient playerbase interested.
    I just find it funny that whole industry in over a decade didn't come up with a better idea for MMO than Blizzard did. And yes, while WoW (vanilla) did many things right and fine, there are aspects and quirks to it that are very... so so.
    My personal problem with classic is that it's a "dead game", dead in a sense that a language can be "dead". It still might function just fine and all but it's development processes have stopped.
    I mean... will we ever again get to know some fresh blood and ideas in MMO genre?
    Hype and Nostalgia, people want to remember what was it like playing WoW for the first time - that won't happen though.

I think a silly part with the launch of Classic is the people talking about world firsts... Like it was done 15 years ago (roughly).

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Mmorpg are a dead genre, people want stuff like Fortnite and FIFA and whatever xbox/ps makes with anime context.