Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Eventually, Blizzard should open up every race/class combo. Far more people would roll new characters, and most of the complainers would see themselves out anyway. In other words, it'd be a win-win.
    Yea, just shit on the lore even more, we're way past the 'mechanics over story' anyway, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Yea, just shit on the lore even more, we're way past the 'mechanics over story' anyway, amirite?
    You're exactly the kind of player I was saying no one would miss. Whine away, little boy.

I think only Nelfs should be allowed to be DHs, Belfs should have gotten a spellbreaker class instead, which has exactly the same mechanics but different skins for all of their abilities.

Void Elves and Nightborne as DH's plz. Makes sense :>

"I mean we're all unemployed right now and the gnomes said they'd actually pay US to get demon hunter training. So we went with it."

"What have we done?"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    "I mean we're all unemployed right now and the gnomes said they'd actually pay US to get demon hunter training. So we went with it."

"What have we done?"
    Or mechagnome and vulpera DH... Imagine TBC days gnome dual weilding Twin Blades of Azzinoth.

Assuming they don't make a new intro for DHs, I think that orcs and draenei would make the most sense.

Both races would be around Draenor pre BC to have left their people to join Illidan for vengeance against the Legion.

Any elf should be able to do it. Any orc and draenei variant could make sense too. Possibly others but for sure those.

I want my void elf demon hunter.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Any elf should be able to do it. Any orc and draenei variant could make sense too. Possibly others but for sure those.

I want my void elf demon hunter.
    There has to be an NPC at play who will push forward the use of Fel energies but with a good cause. It can't be Illidan this time since he's in vacation but who would be the perfect character? Thrall perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    I have seen a post way back about allowing other races to become Demon Hunters much like the two available playable races now. I'm not sure if it was archived or if it still exist into the nothingness of general section's end pages.

So do you think we should have new races allowed to be Demon Hunters?
    Humans?Orcs?Dranei? What's your opinion?
    I made a post like that a while back. People misunderstood it as crying about the nerf to BE racial, when I’m just a guy who doesn’t really play alts and mains a DH and didn’t want the expac biggest feature wasted

No reason that the elves who know how now couldn’t teach the other elves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    The class race lore went out the window with the cata

Not unless they change the hero class opening scenarios (which, if they do a level squish/revamp, seems like they'd pretty much have to).

If that's the case and they have a valid story reason for why anyone would continue to become a demon hunter, then that opens it to pretty much anyone that's willing to make the sacrifice.

.. though the image of a Tauren doing backflips is pretty ridiculous
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    DHs are easily the least variable class in the game. They're restricted to only 1 race per faction and only 2 specs. Blizzard's laziness in adding new classes to the game is showing.

Watch the next class have 1 spec and only able to be neutral Pandas.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Not unless they change the hero class opening scenarios (which, if they do a level squish/revamp, seems like they'd pretty much have to).

If that's the case and they have a valid story reason for why anyone would continue to become a demon hunter, then that opens it to pretty much anyone that's willing to make the sacrifice.

.. though the image of a Tauren doing backflips is pretty ridiculous
    Flying cow..

I'm not sure what would be the 3rd spec for a Demon Hunter would be like though, like I'm out of ideas.

Probably backflips, cartwheels, lounge attacks?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-06-14 at 08:21 PM.

Draenei, maybe with some Man'ari redemption arc.
    Orcs, maybe with fel orcs being accepted to Horde as mirror to Man'ari.
    Zandalari have demoniacs so they really make sense.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Flying cow..

I'm not sure what would be the 3rd spec for a Demon Hunter would be like though, like I'm out of ideas.

Probably backflips, cartwheels, lounge attacks?
    Could be a ranged damage spec, built around chucking warglaives at things. It would help populate the "ranged but not a spellcaster" niche that is currently solely occupied by hunters and has been for 15 years.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

obviously void elves and nightborne, as they're little more then skin-swapped cross-use of the models.
    maybe draenei, and orcs due to their history with the legion, but that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    You're exactly the kind of player I was saying no one would miss. Whine away, little boy.
    and you're the kind of person no one listens to, scream all you want, it's not happening.
    hell at the rate WoW's going it'll be lucky to get two more expacs, enjoy it while you can.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs and sadly Dranei are the only 2 races that would make sense in my opinion
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Preferably, none - they should stay NElf/BElf exclusive. It's what makes the most sense.
    But, if they were to do it and I had to pick, I'd have to go with Draenei and Orcs. Possibly Void Elves and Zandalari, but the start zone would need to be altered or otherwise explained. I.e have Void Elf Demon Hunter start off with the normal BElf model but have an additional step after the start zone that has them turn.
    Why Zandalari though? There are already Nightborne demon hunter type mobs in suramar near the Legion area

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    obviously void elves and nightborne, as they're little more then skin-swapped cross-use of the models.
    maybe draenei, and orcs due to their history with the legion, but that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

and you're the kind of person no one listens to, scream all you want, it's not happening.
    hell at the rate WoW's going it'll be lucky to get two more expacs, enjoy it while you can.
    If WoW is going to die on its current path, then what's the harm in trying it my way? Your way is killing the game (per your own words), after all.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Why Zandalari though? There are already Nightborne demon hunter type mobs in suramar near the Legion area
    psst, he probably plays zandalari.