Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    Well I have a helpful solution to this problem!

https://youtu.be/lbOtyWTRZ_g
    You seem to have missed the point. Nothing I said was aimed at criminals I pointed out why the average person could/would see the police as an adversarial force.

Crime isn’t going to end that doesn’t mean police can’t have a healthier relationship with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You seem to have missed the point. Nothing I said was aimed at criminals I pointed out why the average person could/would see the police as an adversarial force.

Crime isn’t going to end that doesn’t mean police can’t have a healthier relationship with the community.
    What do you even mean by community?

Please don't say "black community" as if you speak for all black people and that all black people think the same way. That's pretty fucking racist and it'd be dumb to say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Except this doesn't make sense. The police are a adversarial force against crime... Leaving that last bit out is kinda key there. If the community is actively protecting and harboring criminals the police shouldn't be on good terms with them...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    What do you even mean by community?

Please don't say "black community" as if you speak for all black people and that all black people think the same way. That's pretty fucking racist and it'd be dumb to say it.
    The people the police interact with on a daily basis in what ever area they are in.

There is no such thing as a unified black community.

- - - Updated - - -

Except this doesn't make sense. The police are a adversarial force against crime... Leaving that last bit out is kinda key there. If the community is actively protecting and harboring criminals the police shouldn't be on good terms with them...
    Yes the police are in fact meant to fight crime but unless you think every one in a community has a secret criminal there harbouring in there basement the police shouldn’t be on bad terms with them.

The people the police interact with on a daily basis in what ever area they are in.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes the police are in fact meant to fight crime but unless you think every one in a community has a secret criminal there harbouring in there basement the police shouldn’t be on bad terms with them.
    They are throwing rocks at them for the crime of acting on a felony warrant... Their community is shit because they are shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    They are throwing rocks at them for the crime of acting on a felony warrant... Their community is shit because they are shit.
    So you think this is the first interaction any one has ever had with the police then? They just suddenly appeared and the police had a inbuilt hate or them.

The people the police interact with on a daily basis in whatever area they are in.
    You're gonna have to give me your definition of community. The word doesn't mean what you think it means. What you just said sounds like "everyone that's not the police"...

com·mu·ni·ty
    noun
    1. a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common.

BLM is a unified black community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

I can only assume there was plenty of body camera footage of the shooting.

They should arrest these rioters.
    Protesting is more than welcome, but harming others is not!
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You're gonna have to give me your definition of community. The word doesn't mean what you think it means. What you just said sounds like "everyone that's not the police"...

com·mu·ni·ty
    noun
    1. a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common.

BLM is a unified black community.
    To skip a step or two.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_policing

You also know what I mean about a unified black community we’re not talking about book clubs and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    But no matter if was true, one can not fault the police for shooting a guy who had rammed their cars with his and came out his car holding a weapon. At that moment he was a threat to anyone in that area. The evidence is pretty clear since the officer who shot him is not going to be charged.
    What you need to understand is that the police don't get any benefit of doubt anymore. The general population in these areas automatically assume the worst behavior in every single case involving the police, no matter what, unless it's proven otherwise. And somewhat justifiably so. St Louis PD, Memphis PD, Miami, Chicago have all acted as criminal enterprises for over a century.

10+ Year Old Account
    When accountability is low, anything can set off the powder keg. Outsiders see this as the reaction to a singular incident where maybe the suspect might even played a part in the shooting. The protesters have cumulative contention with the LEOs in the area, this is just the catalyst for the times they were silent and hoped the justice system came through.

Its always the relatively small things they send a group over the edge. Unfortunately the people hurt weren't even involved. It was a federal agency, not local PD. The irony.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Well I have a helpful solution to this problem!

Just breaking the law shouldn't be a death sentence everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    If he was actually ramming cop cars and then got out with a weapon at the police I think it's pretty reasonable to shoot him.
    but he was just going to buy skittles for his little brother

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Bodycam footage or we won't really know what happened.

I feel no pity for cops getting hurt during riots.
    So you're fine with innocent people being injured? You sound like an amazing person.

that's not a goddamn working class neighborhood. that's a gang-infested ghetto. it's one of the shittiest areas in memphis and just a few miles from St. Jude Childrens' Hospital and they'll literally tell you NOT TO TRAVEL NORTH IF YOU LEAVE THE HOSPITAL

the hospital is fenced in and in a rough area itself

this is just more proof that poor black culture has a goddamn problem that affirmative action and other forms of racism against whites WILL NOT FIX

no way in hell you can fix the problem if you're too chickenshit to admit it's a problem. some fucking support for the people who don't wanna grow up in a gang, without a GED or diploma and no future would go a long way

give people a way to better themselves. leave the hoodrats in their own little areas and let them do whatever they want to each other and the problem will eventually sort itself out. stop with the aid, welfare, etc for the folks who don't fucking want to better themselves

but you gotta get the folks who do out of that shitty situation to stand a chance. i'd happily pay more taxes every just for this cause.
    Last edited by sopeonaroap; 2019-06-13 at 09:56 PM.

Update: Looks like the amount injured has increased.
    Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland said about 35 officers were injured, raising the number significantly from the 24 reported earlier. He said six needed hospital treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    so how do you get a grown man looking for a fight to do anything? using a car as a weapon is obviously not the line for you

you know, unless it affecting you then you'd sing a different tune but it's easy to not draw that line at all when you're completely removed from the situation

i'd blow your fucking head off if you tried to run me over with your car, i draw the line right where you decide that you want to hurt me and that's totally fair
    Last edited by sopeonaroap; 2019-06-13 at 09:56 PM.

Some more info which might lead to problems.
    https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/mem...ing/index.html

US Marshals: There is no body cam video of Memphis shooting
    From CNN's Maria Cartaya

There is no body camera video showing the shooting death of Brandon Webber, since federal agents aren’t required to use body cams, Dave Oney, a spokesperson for US Marshals Service, told CNN.

The US Marshals Service said in a statement that deputy marshals were trying to serve a warrant and fired at Webber "in response to a threat posed by the subject."

"The Marshals were attempting to serve a warrant on a 20-year-old man with multiple felony warrants. In response to a threat posed by the subject, members of the task force fired their weapons, striking and killing him," the US Marshals said.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigations, which is the lead agency, and the US Marshals Service will conduct an internal review of the shooting.

The US Marshals Service said it will not release the names of marshals involved in shooting until the investigation is completed.

So you think this is the first interaction any one has ever had with the police then? They just suddenly appeared and the police had a inbuilt hate or them.
    Criminals resent those that enforce the law. That isn't something new

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Sure I agree but ramming cops with a car when they come to arrest you over your felony warrants should be.