Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Ya know there's new Pokemon right? With new moves, and everything?

That's what I'm talking about.

Grookey and the stick jab move already was shown, and that's a basic starting move.
    That move is nothing special. Grookey uses its standard Attack animation, and separate Spell Effect activates on the enemy's side. They have always done new moves and new Pokémon like that, but it has never before stopped them from using all the existing Pokémon with their existing animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That move is nothing special. Grookey uses its standard Attack animation, and separate Spell Effect activates on the enemy's side. They have always done new moves and new Pokémon like that, but it has never before stopped them from using all the existing Pokémon with their existing animations.
    An animation for a model that was made.

Unless you think they can somehow copy animations onto new skeletons for new models.

And again you still haven't proven your entire 4 model theory

- - - Updated - - -

Also you never dropped this Lahis

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/statu...47086077415425

An animation for a model that was made.

Unless you think they can somehow copy animations onto new skeletons for new models.

And again you still haven't proven your entire 4 model theory
    Like I said: every generation they have done hundreds of new attacks and several dozen new Pokémon with all of the same animation sets. But never before has that ment they can't use something THEY HAD ALREADY MADE BEFORE.

As for the 4 models, we need to wait until they release a demo we can datamine to confirm it, but knowing how bad Game Freak are at this, I expecting it or something similar extremely inefficient bullshit to turn out true.

- - - Updated - - -

"We haven't decided yet." = "We aren't doing it, but can't say so right now because this shitstorm is already brewing."

Besides, Game Freak are Japanese. On official business context they act too polite to ever say No, even if they know it is the real answer.

Like I said: every generation they have done hundreds of new attacks and several dozen new Pokémon with all of the same animation sets. But never before has that ment they can't use something THEY HAD ALREADY MADE BEFORE.

As for the 4 models, we need to wait until they release a demo we can datamine to confirm it, but knowing how bad Game Freak are at this, I expecting it or something similar extremely inefficient bullshit to turn out true.
    Except you can't just keep adding indefinitely.

I'd rather have all the moves than all the Pokemon.

Except you can't just keep adding indefinitely.

I'd rather have all the moves than all the Pokemon.
    Moves take nothing. The Spell Effect is shared across all Pokemon, and every pokemon has just few simple internal animations to use them. Animations which you need to create ONCE to use them forever.

Moves take nothing. The Spell Effect is shared across all Pokemon, and every pokemon has just few simple eternal animations to use them.
    Again you don't know this, or what they're adding.

Again you don't know this, or what they're adding.
    I have seen this series for the last 20 years. I know how these fucking games operate.

I have seen this series for the last 20 years. I know how these fucking games operate.
    Caught me, I've just started playing.

Wait, no, been playing since the game boy myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If you wanted me to take your post seriously, you shouldn't have resorted for the weak "lazy devs" take. In most cases game developers are literally the opposite of lazy.
    It doesnt apply only to developers, also to those on top who give orders.
    Lets go is a lazy design of a game for example. Bare minimum for a game to work.

I seen it a lot in new and recent game. That star fox game was just asset flip on asset flip all over the same planet and same building.

As for issue with the clouds -- they could just remove them and use something else to show the timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    It doesnt apply only to developers, also to those on top who give orders.
    Lets go is a lazy design of a game for example. Bare minimum for a game to work.

I seen it a lot in new and recent game. That star fox game was just asset flip on asset flip all over the same planet and same building.

As for issue with the clouds -- they could just remove them and use something else to show the timer.
    You don't understand what the word lazy means. The ones giving the orders aren't lazy either- in fact execs usually have the longest work weeks of all.

Just because you don't like a direction a game heads in does not make it "lazy" and in general the "lazy devs" bs rhetoric gets thrown out by people that don't even understand how game development works.

For future reference just don't do it, it doesn't make you look knowledgeable or cool, it makes you look like a internet stereotype of the out raged and yet uninformed gamer.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should just bring back moving sprites. Bw2 was gorgeous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also this tells a lot:

You don't understand what the word lazy means. The ones giving the orders aren't lazy either- in fact execs usually have the longest work weeks of all.

Just because you don't like a direction a game heads in does not make it "lazy" and in general the "lazy devs" bs rhetoric gets thrown out by people that don't even understand how game development works.

For future reference just don't do it, it doesn't make you look knowledgeable or cool, it makes you look like a internet stereotype of the out raged and yet uninformed gamer.
    Lets call them mismanaged then. Game Freak and their outsourcers should have the resources to keep every Pokemon in these games, especially since the old ones require almost no work.

But someone has fucked it up and now they somehow can't do it.

10+ Year Old Account

Then explain to me why sonic racing game (latest one) fells finished and fun.

You know why? Because people were not lazy with ideas there.

Also this tells a lot:
    That people are throwing a fit with so little information, yes.

Game Freak and their outsourcers should have the resources to keep every Pokemon in these games
    Prove it then.

Show me how many people are actively working on this game, what their work hours a week are, what where the main focus of the game direction and how much time it would take for them to do what you ask.

You seem to be just assuming a lot. Sorry I don't take your feelcraft as fact. You know about as much of how game development is handled at gamefreak as any other random western person knows- nothing. Stop making claims in absolutes that you can't back up it's quite silly and if we wanted to reference ancient memes you seem like a walking billboard of "u mad bro".

- - - Updated - - -

Then explain to me why sonic racing game (latest one) fells finished and fun.

You know why? Because people were not lazy with ideas there.
    Oh man so now you think your subjective opinion is what decides if someone is lazy or not? Holy shit the audacity of this post lmao...

FTR the game you referenced as your example of "non lazy devs" barely reviewed better then Sonic Forces: https://www.opencritic.com/game/7124/team-sonic-racing

Whether you like the direction of a game or not has nothing to do with anyone being "lazy". I don't like CoD games but I'm not gonna sit here and call CoD devs lazy because I know better.

If you don't like the way a game looks- don't buy it. Stop acting entitled or making baseless claims that people where lazy because you don't like something. You understand it's okay for you to NOT like something right? It doesn't have to be some massive fucking out rage because you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hd sprites make it happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Also this tells a lot:
    [img]http://shrani.si/f/3i/sv/2Z3wTDQV/pokemontreehouse11.png[img]
    It tells that the pokemon community is full of people prone to overreactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Hd sprites make it happen

Sadly they're even more expensive to produce in modern day then 3D models or more companies would still do them(wish they would in a lot of cases they look better then 3D).

Even ASW and SNK have abandoned HD sprites in favor of 3D models- feels bad.

Prove it then.

Show me how many people are actively working on this game, what their work hours a week are, what where the main focus of the game direction and how much time it would take for them to do what you ask.

You seem to be just assuming a lot. Sorry I don't take your feelcraft as fact. You know about as much of how game development is handled at gamefreak as any other random western person knows- nothing. Stop making claims in absolutes that you can't back up it's quite silly and if we wanted to reference ancient memes you seem like a walking billboard of "u mad bro".
    Game Freak has 150 employees. 300 different people worked on Sun and Moon, so it is clear they do much outsourcing.

They produce literally one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. If they need help, I'm sure they can call the big N and they'll figure something out, quickly.