Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    So earlier tonight a person claiming to be a developer did a Q&A on 4chan's /v/ board. Now I know your immediate thought is that it's nothing, but I found it interesting enough to share here. Some sounds plausible, but some of it is information that has been thought up by the community. Also for the sake of making a readable thread title pretend I put about 50 quote marks around developer in the title.

Some highlights:

• Claims that WoW will be implementing something akin to ESO's leveling system.
    • The level cap in 9.0 will be 60 and we'll be questing to level 70.
    • Claims that he's working on a faction merge prototype at the moment and testing how warmode could still leave PvP intact.
    • On the faction merge they're TALKING about letting people interact with the other faction as long as warmode is off. Orcs in SW and Night Elves in Horde guilds and so on.
    • The next allied races are Vulpera and Mechagnome and the ones after that are Lightbound Undead for the Alliance and some sort of Boar creature that uses the Worgen rig for the Horde
    • High elves are doa.
    • No Sethrakk
    • Sylvanas survives into the next expansion, right now she's trying to stop N'zoth and after he escapes we'll fight her and reseal N'zoth as the final boss of BfA
    • After Sylvanas leaves to do her thing Lilian Voss is slated to become the new Forskaen leader although if "faction stuff" is scrapped then Calia with be the leader. (Whatever "faction stuff" means...maybe dissolving the factions gameplay wise? Or storywise?)
    • In 8.3 we "defeat" N'zoth but he isn't gone forever
    • Allegedly 8.3 was going to include Tyrande's revenge but since people were dissatisfied with the start of the expansion it got bumped forward
    • Baine and Anduin make peace and Sylvanas loyalists go into hiding
    • The next expansion will deal with the resurgence of the dragons (Wrathion finally comes back) as well as dealing with the forces of Death. Elune, some sort of aspect of the Light, has become "frenemies" with Death. Naturally the kaldorei are devastated that their goddess worked towards/allowed Tel'drassil to burn
    • Says that Bwonsomdi's boss is a "she", no name yet
    • Something about an orb we're getting as the new artifact/azerite system and a bunch of quests related to it? (Is this something on live?)
    • New class is Tinker with prestige classes along with it. Prestige classes being "class skins" you would have to unlock with Necromacer, Dragonsworn, and Dark Shaman in-progress at the moment.
    • Dragonsworn are a Driud skin and he gave the example that flame and frost would replace lunar cycles
    • Prestige classes are a seperate class. So if you played a Druid and unlocked Dragonsworn you would then have to make a new character rather than slap a skin on your Druid
    • Tinkers start at level 50. Tank/Healer/DPS that use mail armor. Tanks use power armor, Healers use healbots inbetween dpsing, and the DPS se stealth, bombs, mines, and guns
    • Player housing is forever in development hell

Anyway those were the most salient parts. There are bits and bobs in the screencaps below so take a look. And I swear to god if someone else made a thread about this as I was typing this up...

Imgur album for the screencaps: https://imgur.com/a/etFZctZ
    Taliesin wrote this with a fake profile lol
    Last edited by dlhak; 2019-06-17 at 10:25 AM. Reason: typo

Most of this sounds so stupid it might actually be true.

Oh well. August is around the corner. I don't have to care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    Taliesin wrote this with a fake profile lol
    Fake profile? On 4chan? Are you silly in the head??? So far every 4chan leak is confirmed real so far on world of warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa bois, that's 4Chan info there, so it must be true for sure!

Oh, wow... we are starting really early with these 'confirmed 100% true my dad works in blizzard' leaks this year.

Honestly like most leaks, there is some stuff to like in there. Other stuff is red flags to me.

He comes down hard on Taliesin and Evitel, which comes off as unprofessional, and is clearly done because he does not want them to get the credit for the ideas he is using in this leak.

The prestige classes make no sense. Dark Shaman is just a Shaman. Dragonsworn makes sense, but not with a Druid base. Sure, you could swap out moon and sun with ice and fire. But I think he forgot just how many forms druids can take.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Whoa bois, that's 4Chan info there, so it must be true for sure!
    Where have you been kiddie? 4chan leaks have happened for years. Almost all the world of warcraft ones seem to be accurate every year. The E3 leaks on Nintendo were all real. And halo collection coming to steam leaked a week before release on 4chan also. I can say that 80% of this is most likely real unless they cut some ideas.

1 - Make a list with want you want in the game.
    2 - Say it's a leak
    3 - send it to 4chan
    5 = ... waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    Where have you been kiddie? 4chan leaks have happened for years. Almost all the world of warcraft ones seem to be accurate every year. The E3 leaks on Nintendo were all real. And halo collection coming to steam leaked a week before release on 4chan also. I can say that 80% of this is most likely real unless they cut some ideas.
    Should we talk about the thousand others leaks from fake devs, like the recent one on Borderlands 3 when a dude threatened the company to release an early version of the game ? Stop forcing your point with fallacies, 4chan is full of shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    What a big load of LOL.

Seriously though, if they ever do actually implement some absolute fucking bullshit like "tinker class" I will burn my copy of WoW and never install it again.
    Sure you will.

Quote Originally Posted by BFA-suxx View Post
    Should we talk about the thousand others leaks from fake devs, like the recent one on Borderlands 3 when a dude threatened the company to release an early version of the game ? Stop forcing your point with fallacies, 4chan is full of shit
    You have to be smart in detecting full on bullshit with the facts. If you read the thread it was posted his answers seem to be really genuine. Not that you bothered to read the source material right?

Sounds like what Blizzard likes to do. Just add a bunch of new art and keep the rotting structure of the game the same.
    Also keep removing RPG elements. Some sort of board should revisit the game and disqualify it from being in the RPG genere.

Same M+ or die, same 4 raiding difficulties that noone will do because you get better gear in m+, same bad PvP rewards, same 3v3 or die focus, same scale scale scale scale fixes everything scaling is fun...

"The purge" should have fired more art people and hired someone to lead the game's core progression model in... well... any direction at all honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Sounds more like a wish list to me. Expansions don't leak this early. Most leak a day or two before Blizzcon at best.

There's a lot of stuff there that'd convince me not to resub.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    [*]Sylvanas survives into the next expansion, right now she's trying to stop N'zoth and after he escapes we'll fight her and reseal N'zoth as the final boss of BfA
    sylvanas is literally the reason why nzoth escapes, if she never sent/lured us to nazjatar then our heart of azeroth would never have been used by azshara

Doesn't sound bad to be honest. I actually like most of these ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by tboss2447 View Post
    sylvanas is literally the reason why nzoth escapes, if she never sent/lured us to nazjatar then our heart of azeroth would never have been used by azshara
    Buuut we need to free N'Zoth to be able to kill him!

Quote Originally Posted by ooid View Post
    naturally the kaldorei are devastated that their goddess worked towards/allowed tel'drassil to burn
    elune was literally opposing sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prestige classes are a seperate class. So if you played a Druid and unlocked Dragonsworn you would then have to make a new character rather than slap a skin on your Druid
    If true shit like this really pisses me off the same with god damn allied races.

I DON'T WANT TO LEVEL ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS ANYMORE.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Man, these "leaks" are getting less and less creative. Its basically a compiled list of the community's ideas.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by dekal View Post
    Man, these "leaks" are getting less and less creative. Its basically a compiled list of the community's ideas.
    things like faction mergers and level squish are even less creative because they talked about a possible faction merger months ago, and the level squish has a survey about it that came before this, everything else is nothing special and community ideas. this leak is a obvious troll