Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Would you be okay with 9.0 getting pushes back a year

Would you be okay with a delay of 9.0 if it meant a old world revamp, class overhaul, level squish, etc..

I’m just curious if people would be willing to wait a extra year if it meant getting what they wanted,

Yes. It would be better for the game to take a little lull now..... then come back with a bang.

We'll all just have to face the harsh reality: we might need to go outside in the meantime (or play classic)

If it means the game will actually be fun again? Sure, I have plenty of other games to keep me occupied until then. But knowing Blizzard these days, they would still manage to fuck it up. Also it would probably be another bugged mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd be happy to wait personally, but I'd probably unsubscribe for most of that year, which means if there's more people like me out there, it'd be a no-go from a business standpoint.

yea, cyber punk 2077 wont leave me much time to play wow next year any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    I'd be happy to wait personally, but I'd probably unsubscribe for most of that year, which means if there's more people like me out there, it'd be a no-go from a business standpoint.
    probably be smarter to just shut wow down wrap it all up and focus on new IP if it ever got to that point.

5+ Year Old Account
    Definitely. This garbage would take many years to fix anyway.

It wont matter as long as they keep the our way or the highway attitude.

Does it matter?

People seem more hyped for a possible tbc then a expansion after bfa.

Those aren't really the things that I want, but in general I will take a late but polished experience over an earlier but rushed one. There is enough games to play. I don't need to be subbed to WoW continiuesly.

I'm not necessarily sure if time is really the problem with Blizzard, though. From what I have seen, they mostly improve by making something and then gathering feedback on it once it is live. In WoD's case "something" was so bad, that they just made legion instead of fixing it. Legion had a ton of sort of interesting but not really thought through mechanics that got better and better of the patches. And BfA looked like they had absolutely no idea how to make any of their ideas into actual gameplay and desperatly needed us to tell them how to make them fun.

Now, maybe WoD and BfA were rushed products and they could have figured out that looking at timers/regrinding bars for the same rewards every couple of month is a terrible idea without our input at some point. But it seems to me that their current "throw shit at wall and wait for shitstorm to figure out how to make shit fun" tactic would not necessarily improve if they threw shit at the wall for 1 more year.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Would you be okay with a delay of 9.0 if it meant a old world revamp, class overhaul, level squish, etc..

I’m just curious if people would be willing to wait a extra year if it meant getting what they wanted,
    I don't think that the problem with Blizzard is that they don't have enough time. They are making more content than ever before after all. The problem is more they are not making the right things.

So extending it with 1 year is proberly not gonna do much for quality, other than another chunk of content, that is just like all other.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

No. They can do the expansion content and relese that, and change classes as the expansion goes on. There is nothing that stops them from releasing class changes in content patches. In the middle of a mythic progression is understandable. But between raids, i don't see a problem with that. People who progress mythic raids should easily be able to adapt. The others doesn't really matter and they will adapt aswell

They can't go on a year long content draught now. May aswell close down the game and call it a day

Meaning what - have 9 not in summer 2020, but in summer 2021?

NO.

Frankly, even summer 2020 is too far for how shit BFA is.

I don't want the world revamp and I don't want the level squish. Of the things you mention I want just the class overhaul.

5+ Year Old Account
    I guess. I'd have to replace the massive amount of free time I suddenly get though...

"What people want"

People really want another old world revamp? That seems like the biggest waste of resources ever... again.

I've always thought wow would be fine with longer expansions with a couple more content patches in.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    "What people want"

People really want another old world revamp? That seems like the biggest waste of resources ever... again.

I've always thought wow would be fine with longer expansions with a couple more content patches in.
    Yeah. Ask 10 people who at one point played WoW what they want, and you would get 10 answers:

Tinker. Dark Ranger. Fourth Spec. Dual Classes. Class Skins. Azjol Nerub. Black Empire. Old World revamp. Reboot. Dragon Isle. Artifact Weapons back. Talent Trees back. No Talent (in the game not the dev team).

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    It wont matter as long as they keep the our way or the highway attitude.
    It's their game. not yours. They have the right to do whatever they want. You aren't entitled to squat.

Considering I don't think either an old world revamp or level squish are good for the game - no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Ya, as long as they created an 8.4 with dynamic old world events and void related world bosses that spawned randomly so that the world feels like it is getting attacked, they could also make their power level increase over time to keep things interesting and make it feel like we are fighting a losing battle.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd gladly wait another year if it means that 9.0 won't be a rushed, poorly thought mess like BfA has been (its first half, at least). I mean, Path of Exile is a blast to play with the recent melee combat revamp, and ESO is a more than decent MMORPG, so I won't be lacking anything as far as gaming goes
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better than getting a 4th trash expansion in a row.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.