Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Words, whether spoken or written, are not actions. I can write mean words about you or anyone else, doesn't mean shit if all they are is publicized thoughts. Unless I put my words into action, then you'd actually have a point.
    Laws and history differ with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Is anyone here using their real name? No? Then this is irrelevant.

If they were, it would absolutely be fair game as this is a public forum and they would be posting using their real name publicly. As I said, I have no issues with people who see others publicly supporting white supremacy IRL (you're functionally public if you're doing this) or through their public social media channels using their names. That's all the same as standing in the town square with a nametag on with a loudspeaker shouting this shit.

And note: I'm talking about the people actually posting/doing shit. Not just people saying "I called him a Nazi and he should be fired now!", that's a strawman.
    Apparently is that a problem? I'm sure we can connect usernames to real names somewhere.

Again, what's stopping the mob from getting these people fired? Just as some of your forum members call them Nazi, so can these creeps and their Ai.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Words, whether spoken or written, are not actions. I can write mean words about you or anyone else, doesn't mean shit if all they are is publicized thoughts. Unless I put my words into action, then you'd actually have a point.
    Words still reflect on their employer. Remember that Microsoft executive that got fired for mocking people without good internet following the Xbox One reveal?

https://venturebeat.com/2013/04/10/a...he-jobseekers/

Yeah, he got shitcanned for that because words do matter to companies. Can you imagine the reaction if the CEO of say, Costco came out and said he supported the KKK? Sure, it's just words, but words matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Apparently is that a problem? I'm sure we can connect usernames to real names somewhere.
    What? I never said anything of the sort. I was pointing out that this is an anonymous forum, nothing less. Nobody has to, or should, use their real name. If they want to they're welcome to, but that's a choice that's 100% on them.

Again, what's stopping the mob from getting these people fired? Just as some of your forum members call them Nazi, so can these creeps and their Ai.
    You're pearl clutching over strawmen, here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now what about the countless of users that have been called Nazi on this very forum?

What's stopping the mob from doing enough noise to get them unfairly fired?
    You do understand this is about posts that people made themselves, not about anyone calling someone something and drumming up support?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

What? I never said anything of the sort. I was pointing out that this is an anonymous forum, nothing less. Nobody has to, or should, use their real name. If they want to they're welcome to, but that's a choice that's 100% on them.

You're pearl clutching over strawmen, here.
    Bullshit.

You pretenciously implied that only people who attend white nationalist rallies and the likes would get fucked. We both know that's not true. Stop being desingenuous.

How is telling an employer, for example, that one of their employees was in public at a white supremacist event or on social media on a public account using their real name supporting white supremacy a bad thing? I'd think that providing public information for an employer to decide if they want to maintain a relationship with an employee given their online/public behavior is a good thing. It's up to the company at that point to decide whether their want their business associated with the public actions of their employees.
    Sound like any other social morality movement. Oh joe was seen with that black person, fire him, of sue was seen at a swinger party fire her, of peggy likes the ladies, fire her. If a person can separate their personal life from their work i see nothing wrong in letting them be. If they cause harm, use the law. To actually try and find these folks to make their lives miserable, to make their family lives miserable is a disgusting tactic. And this doesn't even get into whether or not the claim is true and not spin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its not "one post" its a series of actions, comments, ect. Your views frame your actions. Your whole "malevolent left" is nothing more then "feels over reals".
    if you aren't part of the malevolent left then don't worry about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    What movement?
    this program is just another example of the malevenit left movement.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Bullshit.

You pretenciously implied that only people who attend white nationalist rallies and the likes would get fucked. We both know that's not true. Stop being desingenuous.
    You are literally whining that freedom of speech and freedom of association are a thing. Being upset that people can be held accountable for what they say seems like a pretty weak stance, but feel free to keep on keeping on.

As for what can be done against it, use your speech. Say you don't like those who would fire someone for being racist. Demand that they keep them employed. Refuse to do business with a company that fires racist people. Or, tell the bosses of those who outed those racist people, and try to get them fired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I see you ignored the question about actions having consequences, I just take that as a yes, you don't think actions of racists should have consequences.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are literally whining that freedom of speech and freedom of association are a thing. Being upset that people can be held accountable for what they say seems like a pretty weak stance, but feel free to keep on keeping on.

As for what can be done against it, use your speech. Say you don't like those who would fire someone for being racist. Demand that they keep them employed. Refuse to do business with a company that fires racist people. Or, tell the bosses of those who outed those racist people, and try to get them fired.
    If we were to keep people being accountable for what they said in the past, you still would have to justify with proof calling me and others in this same forum a Nazi.

Stay in yer lane, mate.

You sure? It does sound like you need a safe space.

You post against ideas such as this? Are you always against the idea that actions have consequences or just when its about racists?
    Ahh your one of those that think only white folks are racists. got it.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

You do understand this is about posts that people made themselves, not about anyone calling someone something and drumming up support?
    damn that context and nuance stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    I see you ignored the question about actions having consequences, I just take that as a yes, you don't think actions of racists should have consequences.
    Oddly enough he spent pages flaming Edge in another thread about doing harm for saying "Fucking Sarah Sanders" , while he's both supported the person making death threats from the zoo thread, and now believes that people who actually harm folks through threats or bigotry are A-OK.

Also On-Topic -- this happened at a zoo by my house awhile back.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...609-story.html

The posting showed what appeared to be a selfie of the worker in a Brookfield Zoo cap and shirt at a concession stand. The employee indicated she was at Brookfield Zoo.

A message with the photo read: "Wassup y'all? At work serving these rude ass white people"

The Zoo fired her. As they should have.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...306599091.html
    Last edited by Captain N; 2019-06-24 at 08:59 PM.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

that depends on the type of racism and the consequence. Many are racist towards white folks, socially no one cares. But be racist towards a non white and suddenly you might as well be hitler...seems to me racism isn't the issue. It just an excuse.

Sound like any other social morality movement. Oh joe was seen with that black person, fire him, of sue was seen at a swinger party fire her, of peggy likes the ladies, fire her. If a person can separate their personal life from their work i see nothing wrong in letting them be. If they cause harm, use the law. To actually try and find these folks to make their lives miserable, to make their family lives miserable is a disgusting tactic. And this doesn't even get into whether or not the claim is true and not spin.

- - - Updated - - -

if you aren't part of the malevolent left then don't worry about it.

- - - Updated - - -

I worry about because people like you spit out complete nonsense with LITERALLY ZERO to back up the various claims, and I'm fucking sick of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahh your one of those that think only white folks are racists. got it.
    Ok, no, but what gave you that impression? I never wrote anywhere white, did I?

If we were to keep people being accountable for what they said in the past, you still would have to justify with proof calling me and others in this same forum a Nazi.

Stay in yer lane, mate.
    Feel free to keep people accountable, that's the entire fucking point. If you don't like that someone calls you a Nazi, then tell their employer that they called you a Nazi, tell the whole world what a meanie head they are.

You still don't get it, they are taking their literal words, and using it against them. That is the proof, the evidence for everyone to read. So, whining that they don't have proof is rather pitiful. Once again, you are literally whining that freedom of speech and freedom of association are an actual thing. That, combined with you being flabbergasted at the idea of social consequences for someone's behavior... shows that maybe you haven't experienced much in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Oddly enough he spent pages flaming Edge in another thread about doing harm for saying "Fucking Sarah Sanders" , while he's both supported the person making death threats from the zoo thread, and now believes that people who actually harm folks through threats or bigotry are A-OK.
    see this is completely a misrepresentation of what i did. I argue her words were hateful and caused harm. i never once said she was wrong to say them or hold such views. you malevolent left wingers don't understand me at all.

No, I said that that's what I support. If you're (the royal you, not actually you) dumb enough to go to a public event like that or support it via your public social media account then there can be consequences with your employer. That's all I've said, if you're reading more into that that's because you're choosing to.

This is so ludicrous it doesn't warrant a serious response.

Ok, no, but what gave you that impression? I never wrote anywhere white, did I?
    the topic is about going after white supremacist group only. you know there are other types of supremacists groups in the US that hold protests in DC? do you care about those racist? somehow its only white racists that matter...

15+ Year Old Account
    that depends on the type of racism and the consequence. Many are racist towards white folks, socially no one cares. But be racist towards a non white and suddenly you might as well be hitler...seems to me racism isn't the issue. It just an excuse.
    That's pretty racist of you.

Ok folks, who here is surprised?!