Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It can be actually hard on your manliness. Think of what's between your legs. I know they make those special saddles however. Not sure how well they work.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It can be actually hard on your manliness. Think of what's between your legs. I know they make those special saddles however. Not sure how well they work.
    What about it? You're not meant to sit on top of your balls. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the proper way.

I like biking, but I just jump on my bike and go, when I want to. What I don't understand is all the 'cyclists' who wear all the lycra gear with the fake sponsors and all that stuff on it.

No, it isn't. Give me a man with an Audi RS5 <3 Actually I could do without the man, just give me that car!

And fuck cyclists. Showed a certain finger to a group them last weekend (don't think they saw that, sadly)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Obviously there are a lot of different environments around the country, but what makes you specifically say that being able to bike to work indicates that someone has a convenient life?
    (I realize I condensed this down to commuting to work, which was definitely not stated in the OP)

Generally speaking, biking to work is a choice rather than a necessity - at least in big cities. Most people live too far away to bike and therefore have to drive or take public transportation in their commuting efforts. And if they have kids, well, you can almost certainly forget about biking, unless you're lucky enough to have a partner that also doesn't work, and therefore gives you the convenience of choice.

If you're biking to work, you have the convenience of a life that allows you that choice. Most people don't have it.

People who bike to work are in the minority, and it's always amazed me that cities push biking when hardly anyone can actually do it.

(I also realize this might be coming off as more of a rant than a coherent argument)

AMATURES! if you can't walk where you need to be then it's not worth going.
    or crawling for those who're really hardcore.

"wheels" lol!
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Men perfect laziness. We have sex on the bottom, we drive with one hand on the wheel, and we can turn any chair into a rocking chair with enough practice. Men work hard so they don't have to work hard later. Driving a car is just the tip of the iceberg of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I like biking, but I just jump on my bike and go, when I want to. What I don't understand is all the 'cyclists' who wear all the lycra gear with the fake sponsors and all that stuff on it.
    There are a lot of posers among the roadies, that's for sure. Mt. bikers and touring cyclists are generally much less flashy and also friendlier.
    Cycling shorts are a must though, if you actually spend some time in the saddle. I like team jerseys, if you are on that team. Otherwise, yeah, I know what you mean.
    Cycling is a passion. If you're doing it to show off gear, you're doing it wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Men perfect laziness. We have sex on the bottom, we drive with one hand on the wheel, and we can turn any chair into a rocking chair with enough practice. Men work hard so they don't have to work hard later. Driving a car is just the tip of the iceberg of that.
    Lol! This is the main reason I visit this forum. Chuckles.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Bikes are for sissies, unicycles are what the real men use.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    And that bikes are a timeless classic.
    First and foremost I like driving my car and since I live in germany the roads are not bad for driving (even fast 240+ km/h).

But cycling is such a great sport and if you live in a country like germany, with road acceptance for cycling and lots of great routes for cycling, it is really hard to avoid cycling. I got 2 bikes a MTB and a Roadbike for different routes and distances. People are tought with the driving license how to deal with public transportation and cyclist as a car driver, so it is not really by "choice" its the law here. You have to learn how to deal with bigger and smaller "vehicles" on the road.

I dont really know the situation outside of the EU. I only watched some videos/documentations about the cycling situation in the US, how the lack of acceptance from car drivers activly endangers cyclists and even the law is so backwards that you will create high danger situations just by obeying the law - thats insane . The whole situation in the US is kinda off-putting.

Sometimes its crazy in how different worlds we live in.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-07-04 at 12:47 AM.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    And far less convenient.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    First and foremost I like driving my car and since I live in germany the roads are not bad for driving (even fast 240+ km/h).

But cycling is such a great sport and if you live in a country like germany, with road acceptance for cycling and lots of great routes for cycling, it is really hard to avoid cycling. I got 2 bikes a MTB and a Roadbike for different routes and distances. People are tought with the driving license how to deal with public transportation and cyclist as a car driver, so it is not really by "choice" its the law here. You have to learn how to deal with bigger and smaller "vehicles" on the road.

I dont really know the situation outside of the EU. I only watched some videos/documentations about the cycling situation in the US, how the lack of acceptance from car drivers activly endangers cyclists and even the law is so backwards that you will create high danger situations just by obeying the law - thats insane . The whole situation in the US is kinda off-putting.

Sometimes its crazy in how different worlds we live in.
    I live in Portland OR and people are very accepting of bikes here. We are accepting to the point that they clog up traffic.

10+ Year Old Account
    So riding a bike promotes toxic masculinity?

mental gymnastics to justify to your girlfriend why you cant afford a car
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I think this is probably true among people that are looking primarily for appearance and health. Once you into actual sports, pretty much everything has more men than women that are trying to be competitive. You can see this at any local running race - there's almost always more women than men, but usually five or ten times as many men that are posting times that would be moderately competitive at a collegiate level.
    wel people that are doing it promarily for health and apearence is the vast majority,
    men that want to look manly tend to into weightlifting and riding a bike is more for health/loose weight ussually (despite the fact that weightlifting tends to burn more kcalories then cardio over the same period) unles you do high interval training

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Hey fellas, is it gay if you get your heart rate above resting? Asking for a friend.
    sorry didnt mean to offend snowflakes, just posted a observation

When I was in average shape in my late teens I could bike about 65kmph on flat pave/sidewalks. Not sure how manly that is but people in cars were telling me to slow down haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    mental gymnastics to justify to your girlfriend why you cant afford a car
    Ouch! Vicious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Hah--that's why I ride a bike without a seat or pants!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    When I was in average shape in my late teens I could bike about 65kmph on flat pave/sidewalks. Not sure how manly that is but people in cars were telling me to slow down haha.
    I used to be on a team with someone who got a speeding ticket on his bike, blasting down the Berkeley hills. That's the kind of shit you frame and reminiscent over when you get old and fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    I used to be on a team with someone who got a speeding ticket on his bike, blasting down the Berkeley hills. That's the kind of shit you frame and reminiscent over when you get old and fat.
    Hey! I received a speeding ticket doing 50 mph downhill in the Strawberry Canyon neighborhood in Berkeley (25 mph speed limit). I even had it framed. This was 1986.

The judge ended up dismissing the ticket.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2019-07-04 at 05:56 PM.