Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/el...n-in-portland/

Remember that innocent old guy that got "attacked" protecting someone in a sundress? Yeah, he was a part of the scuffles and brawls throughout.

I'm sure conservative media will rush to correct their articles...

Any minute now...
    Also there's video in your link showing someone throwing white powder on Antifa members, wonder what that was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems a pretty scummy thing to do to throw milkshakes and eggs at people. But it seems like the guilty party were arrested for their crimes.

At least they aren't blowing up churches or running people over with cars.

But you know, "both sides" and all that.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-07-04 at 01:07 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Also there's video in your link showing someone throwing white powder on Antifa members, wonder what that was.
    Looks like Anthrax to me. WHY ISN'T CONSERVATIVE MEDIA TALKING ABOUT THE BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS DEPLOYED BY PATRIOT PRAYER PROTESTERS IN PUBLIC?!

Because there's as much evidence that that powder was anthrax as there is that antifa put quick-dry cement in the milkshakes (again, continuing to ignore that the sugar in them would have inhibited the chemical reaction and prevented it from solidifying).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Assault being illegal just was not in doubt. I am just wondering if people stick by that logic for "Freedom of the Press" the next time the media wails and complains about their freedom being under assault because people don't like them.
    The irony is that there's Democrats in Congress who want to violate the 1st Amendment, in particular imprisoning people who say mean words about them on social media. Authoritarianism is strong on the left, hilarious considering the attempts to claim that the right are being authoritarian and fascist. Seems to me both sides are just being shit and should be shut down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Seems a pretty scummy thing to do to throw milkshakes and eggs at people. But it seems like the guilty party were arrested for their crimes.

At least they aren't blowing up churches or running people over with cars.

But you know, "both sides" and all that.
    I dunno, attacking someone with a crowbar is a pretty damning offense compared to egging someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The irony is that there's Democrats in Congress who want to violate the 1st Amendment, in particular imprisoning people who say mean words about them on social media.
    Source? Or are you just making shit up?

Because last I heard it was Trump who wanted to pursue suing the press.

Authoritarianism is strong on the left, hilarious considering the attempts to claim that the right are being authoritarian and fascist. Seems to me both sides are just being shit and should be shut down.
    They aren't claiming that the right are being authoritarian and fascist, they're claiming that the right is in bed with unapologetically authoritarian and fascist elements. Like the KKK and neo-nazis, whom you really can't claim "don't exist," especially when their leadership praises Trump's policies and rhetoric.

I dunno, attacking someone with a crowbar is a pretty damning offense compared to egging someone.
    ...and the synagogue shootings, planned terror attacks and vehicular murder perpetrated by right wing elements? What are those? They didn't call the guy the "MAGA bomber" for nothing.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-07-04 at 01:41 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account

Remember that innocent old guy that got "attacked" protecting someone in a sundress? Yeah, he was a part of the scuffles and brawls throughout.

Any minute now...
    Well shit.

That was one of two things I was going to condemn (the other being the assault on Ngo), but with that extra info, he got cracked in the head with a crowbar because a good samaritan was defending others that Blum had initiated an attack on, with his own weapon.

Losing an armed scuffle you started isn't cause for pity or compassion. Fuck that guy. He's the asshole, not the antifa kid with the crowbar.

Now we wait for the quibbling where all those who linked Blum's bloody face won't condemn him even though he was the armed aggressor.

The irony is that there's Democrats in Congress who want to violate the 1st Amendment, in particular imprisoning people who say mean words about them on social media.
    The only person in Washington I've heard back that kind of thing is Donald Trump, who's not exactly a Democrat.

When the supposed "victim" of the crowbar attack (Blum) was actually the aggressor, who'd laid into a couple kids with a baton before someone else came to their defense, no. Attacking him with that crowbar was the right thing to do. It stopped his attack on innocent people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah totally appropriate amount of force to use against an old man. He looks so threatening to those young men. I like the one who starts to go to town on his legs with a crowbar.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The only person in Washington I've heard back that kind of thing is Donald Trump, who's not exactly a Democrat.
    Did he not support the democrats for years as well as often promoting the idea that Hillary would be an excellent president?

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Oh yeah totally appropriate amount of force to use against an old man. He looks so threatening to those young men. I like the one who starts to go to town on his legs with a crowbar.
    When he starts the fight, he should expect to get his ass handed to him.

A good rule of thumb is that if you hear about fringe, far-right, groups saying they showed up somewhere and were attacked, just assume they caused the fight, lost (or were hurt in the process) and are now lying about it.

Happens literally every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    A good rule of thumb is that if you hear about fringe, far-right, groups saying they showed up somewhere and were attacked, just assume they caused the fight, lost (or were hurt in the process) and are now lying about it.

Happens literally every single time.
    Yep, that is what happened with the Proud Boys in NYC where they claimed they were attacked by Antifa or counter protesters, after a bottle was thrown. Turns out the bottle was thrown because the Proud Boys were charging them. Like 8 Proud Boys were arrested, including some Latino Nazis of all things.

15+ Year Old Account
    The irony is that there's Democrats in Congress who want to violate the 1st Amendment, in particular imprisoning people who say mean words about them on social media. Authoritarianism is strong on the left, hilarious considering the attempts to claim that the right are being authoritarian and fascist. Seems to me both sides are just being shit and should be shut down.
    Meanwhile back here in reality, it is Republicans calling for the imprisonment of people who speak out against them. Trump especially is egregiously guilty of this.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume that Renn is referencing this: https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/statu...925493767?s=19

Which is of course edited to adjust context.

https://youtu.be/yBvwLwrgzLM full speech 4 mins in, she is referring to groups making violent threats at congress members.

She's guilty of poor choice of words, nothing more.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Any minute now...
    Thanks for the link!

Well shit.

That was one of two things I was going to condemn (the other being the assault on Ngo), but with that extra info, he got cracked in the head with a crowbar because a good samaritan was defending others that Blum had initiated an attack on, with his own weapon.

Losing an armed scuffle you started isn't cause for pity or compassion. Fuck that guy. He's the asshole, not the antifa kid with the crowbar.

Now we wait for the quibbling where all those who linked Blum's bloody face won't condemn him even though he was the armed aggressor.

When the supposed "victim" of the crowbar attack (Blum) was actually the aggressor, who'd laid into a couple kids with a baton before someone else came to their defense, no. Attacking him with that crowbar was the right thing to do. It stopped his attack on innocent people.
    @Endus
    Fuck off with your bullshit about good samaritan. They could of easily killed the bearded dude who had no weapon. From the videos that Edge linked I see him throwing no punches, have no weapon and only get involved when the older guy starts getting cracked with the crowbars.

So if you can please show me where this guy deserved this level of attack. Did not expect to see you approve of attempted murder/aggravated assault though Endus. You seem to be no better than those that you disagree with.

Also if you would use your eyeballs, look at the video Edge linked. You see in the 2nd vid the the bicycle helmeted dude at 4sec mark jump on the big bearded guy and start throwing punches. Then old dude starts defending HIS buddy(?). Then a bunch of people start wacking old guy with metal bars. Bearded guy who threw no punch, had no weapon goes to stop it and gets cracked multiple times.

So Endus show me the time stamps of the old guy starting it, because in the videos linked he used his baton only after his buddy got attacked, and he attacked the attacker. That is not innocent bystanders for fucks sake.

Big bearded guy who we see attack no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Thanks for the link!

@Endus
    Fuck off with your bullshit about good samaritan. They could of easily killed the bearded dude who had no weapon. From the videos that Edge linked I see him throwing no punches, have no weapon and only get involved when the older guy starts getting cracked with the crowbars.

So if you can please show me where this guy deserved this level of attack. Did not expect to see you approve of attempted murder/aggravated assault though Endus. You seem to be no better than those that you disagree with.

Also if you would use your eyeballs, look at the video Edge linked. You see in the 2nd vid the the bicycle helmeted dude at 4sec mark jump on the big bearded guy and start throwing punches. Then old dude starts defending HIS buddy(?). Then a bunch of people start wacking old guy with metal bars. Bearded guy who threw no punch, had no weapon goes to stop it and gets cracked multiple times.

So Endus show me the time stamps of the old guy starting it, because in the videos linked he used his baton only after his buddy got attacked, and he attacked the attacker. That is not innocent bystanders for fucks sake.

Big bearded guy who we see attack no one.
    Yeah, going to believe the eye witnesses to the incident, over some random forum poster that is defending Nazis and hate groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yeah, going to believe the eye witnesses to the incident, over some random forum poster that is defending Nazis and hate groups.
    Pretty much yeah. Just remember Yoshi's rule:

Everytime a fringe, far-right, groups saying they showed up somewhere and were attacked, they caused the fight, lost (or were hurt in the process) and are now lying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I am going strictly off what we see in the videos, if you have more videos that paint it in a different direction I would love to see them, I actually enjoy trying to dissect the videos to see what happened. And lol at me defending them, you want my opinion on it. Arrest the antifa guys who used their weapons and arrest the older guy that got cracked who had the baton, he was there ready for shit to start, and he actively pursued when he should of disengaged. You want a charge you charge him with aggravated assault that happened to his buddy(dude whos image I linked). On edge's first video arrest the guy who bounced the shirtless guy, which seems to be what started the fight.

Edit:
    I absolutely despise both these groups, they are both there to cause shit, they actively want shit to go down so they can throw down. They clog traffic, they destroy property, they cost tax payers a ton of money with the city having to have a ton of cops on duty. The cops dealing with this are also not doing enough. Linked in the other thread.
    https://www.muckrock.com/news/archiv...t-prayer-logs/
    Days before the rally, the PPB issued a statement saying attendees carrying firearms must have an Oregon Concealed Handgun License and must keep their weapons concealed at all times. But the logs show that PPB repeatedly noted demonstrators with Patriot Prayer and the Proud Boys carrying visible firearms without apprehending them, putting other attendees - especially counter-protesters - at risk.
    You have the police ignoring the proud boy groups with weapons, this is stuff that everyone should have issues with. This is all a recipe for deaths.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2019-07-04 at 07:43 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well shit.

Clearly you haven't been paying attention much. Just the other day, Representative Frederica Wilson demanded that people on the internet be prosecuted for making fun of members of Congress

Also, how does on wrong make a right? Be the better person and walk away, rather than getting violent. Let the law punish the aggressor, if Ngo did strike someone, then he'd be investigated for assault or minor battery. Don't go mauling him with a crowbar in order to put him in his place, because now the onus is on the person who responded. There's no right to self defense in a public space especially in such a violent manner.

- - - Updated - - -

I am going strictly off what we see in the videos, if you have more videos that paint it in a different direction I would love to see them, I actually enjoy trying to dissect the videos to see what happened. And lol at me defending them, you want my opinion on it. Arrest the antifa guys who used their weapons and arrest the older guy that got cracked who had the baton, he was there ready for shit to start, and he actively pursued when he should of disengaged. You want a charge you charge him with aggravated assault that happened to his buddy(dude whos image I linked). On edge's first video arrest the guy who bounced the shirtless guy, which seems to be what started the fight.

Edit:
    I absolutely despise both these groups, they are both there to cause shit, they actively want shit to go down so they can throw down. They clog traffic, they destroy property, they cost tax payers a ton of money with the city having to have a ton of cops on duty. The cops dealing with this are also not doing enough. Linked in the other thread.
    https://www.muckrock.com/news/archiv...t-prayer-logs/

You have the police ignoring the proud boy groups with weapons, this is stuff that everyone should have issues with. This is all a recipe for deaths.
    But you know exactly why they did it right? To intimidate their detractors. That's all it was, a scare tactic. But there is a lot of onus on the police to prevent things from escalating. It's hard to do in a mob situation though. Maybe American cops needs some lessons in de-escalation by Canadian police since ours seem to be really good at it.

Clearly you haven't been paying attention much. Just the other day, Representative Frederica Wilson demanded that people on the internet be prosecuted for making fun of members of Congress

Also, how does on wrong make a right? Be the better person and walk away, rather than getting violent. Let the law punish the aggressor, if Ngo did strike someone, then he'd be investigated for assault or minor battery. Don't go mauling him with a crowbar in order to put him in his place, because now the onus is on the person who responded. There's no right to self defense in a public space especially in such a violent manner.

- - - Updated - - -

But you know exactly why they did it right? To intimidate their detractors. That's all it was, a scare tactic. But there is a lot of onus on the police to prevent things from escalating. It's hard to do in a mob situation though. Maybe American cops needs some lessons in de-escalation by Canadian police since ours seem to be really good at it.
    You didn't listen to your own video did you? She wants to prosecute people that are threatening members of congress. She isn't going to arrest them for making fun of congress. It is literally only a minute fucking long, and you couldn't listen to it?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Endus
    Fuck off with your bullshit about good samaritan. They could of easily killed the bearded dude who had no weapon.
    Well, that's a fucking lie.

I can see his fucking baton in the videos, dude. It's right there, in plain sight. He's clearly swinging it when he charges at people, initiating the fight.

From the videos that Edge linked I see him throwing no punches, have no weapon and only get involved when the older guy starts getting cracked with the crowbars.
    You get to pick whether you're A> lying, or B> blind, because he's clearly wielding a baton.

Here, I'll even screengrab directly from the video in question;

See the baton now? The man was armed, and lashing out. He's the armed nutcase who started attacking people.

If you read my last post, you'd have seen that I used to be on this guy's side. The new evidence proves he was armed and the one who started attacking people. That changes everything.

I can use my eyes. My eyes tell me that what you've said is complete horseshit, because that's not what the video shows. Clearly, and obviously.

You're literally lying about video evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Given that she clearly mentions threats and intimidation, you're misconstruing her words pretty egregiously.