Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Tbh I was hoping the Alliance would get another Worgen-like race, aka something completely new thematically/visually. The closest they've gotten to that are Dark Irons and Void Elves imo, which stand out against the typical Alliance aesthetic.

I think a new race would've been a better pick, but the Alliance has no unique race biased towards it that would be easy for Blizz to rerig in time before 9.0.
    *looks at Snake Bros

The Sethrak would be a fine beastly addition to the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    It ain't my headcannon, on a gnome to gnome level there seem to be some who think that.
    A headcannon would be a typical mechagnome thing to add to themselves, come to think of it.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    What made Void Elves appealing was the Alliance having access to the blood elf mode, albeit an emo version. Alliance already has gnomes, adding cyborg gnomes adds nothing. No new model, and aesthetically, I could care less about being able to play gnomes with robot eyes and legs/arms.
    Well, technically we get both with Allied Races. We get variants of existing ones (Dark Iron Dwarves, LF Draenei / Mag'har Orcs, HM Tauren) and variants of the models from the other faction (Void Elves / Nightborne). Some variants are more distinctive than others, that's for sure, but still - there are 2 roads and I guess Blizzard would use both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    *looks at Snake Bros

The Sethrak would be a fine beastly addition to the Alliance.
    Though I really don't know if they could work out the presentation of gear on these.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’d take mechagnomes over the disgusting midget yiffs that the Horde is getting to appease sexual deviants.

Allied races are a mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    i have a totally consistent and objectively correct take on whats acceptable

allied race that adds a new playable sub-race with story potential: good

examples: void elves, nightborne if they didnt fuck them up, dark iron

allied race that adds a sub-race thats just the same as an existing race but with the thing that made that race unique turned up another notch: bad

examples: lighforged draenei (draenei with more light), zandalari (trolls with more troll shit), mechagnomes potentially
    That is a very subjective take on whats acceptable.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I’d take mechagnomes over the disgusting midget yiffs that the Horde is getting to appease sexual deviants.

Allied races are a mistake.
    The Horde is going to suffer what Alliance players been suffering with since we got Worgen. I can imagine what RP servers going to look like when Vulpera becomes a thing....the horror.

allied race that adds a sub-race thats just the same as an existing race but with the thing that made that race unique turned up another notch: bad

examples: lighforged draenei (draenei with more light), zandalari (trolls with more troll shit), mechagnomes potentially
    oi!!! zandalari stands up straight!! thats a HUGE thing, compared to regular trolls.

The Horde is going to suffer what Alliance players been suffering with since we got Worgen.
    Promises of savagery and danger, only to have them become Anduin's tame dogs? (Yes, I know you're referring to the sickos, don't care to dwell on them.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Well, technically we get both with Allied Races. We get variants of existing ones (Dark Iron Dwarves, LF Draenei / Mag'har Orcs, HM Tauren) and variants of the models from the other faction (Void Elves / Nightborne). Some variants are more distinctive than others, that's for sure, but still - there are 2 roads and I guess Blizzard would use both.
    Yep, but I'm a bigger fan of the model swap allied race. Not necessarily meaning I wanted to see Dark Irons running around with the Horde, Dark Irons were a great example of same model but awesome aesthetics. I just don't like Tauren with antlers and Draenei with tattoos. Those are customization options, not races but whatever. I'm also a bigger fan of re-creating an allied race with the rig, like Vulpera. I mean, I recognize they take more work than LF draenei but they're more worth playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Far more likely Horde will get the new "mermaid goblins" we see in Nazjatar. Pairs well with "mechagnomes" too.
    If we get aqua goblins instead of those ready to play awesome Vulpera, I'm going to be seriously pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Mechagnomes are way more interesting than Vulpera lore wise, they have essentially the Gnomes' pre-curse history + technological prowess that allows them to mechanize parts of their bodies. Something I find really cool. Vulperas are a bunch of desert gypsies, no super background or anything. Despite using the Goblin skeleton, they don't look like a tweaked main race (like tauren, draenei etc AR). They aren't blue goblins or goblins with fish ears or anything. They have a unique appearance. While mechagnomes don't. The robort parts can be hidden, at least Vulpera have tails.

Another issue is how they become an AR for the Alliance. It's a shitty feeling when you help X faction and they decide to turn against you simply because they are cousins of Y race, even kf they didn't have any contact whatsoever. Gazlowe showed genuine concern for the Mechagnomes' cause. But his aid will be forgotten and the mechagnomes will try to kill his kind a year from now or so. Unless they destroy the factions as they stand which is a different subject. Point is, investing so much time to help a faction that's bound to shoo you away doesn't feel good. The Nightborne were ruined for me because of this. Don't repeat it with a time consuming faction again.
    I hate when people claim that Vulpera and Gnomes are on the same level of uniqueness because Vulpera uses the Goblin model like the Junkers use the Gnome model. No. One is a recolor, the other is a heavily modified different species. They are on the same level as Sethrak. They use the Worgen model, but are so modified, they barely resemble the original race.

Im hoping because they made Overspark a sociopathic jerkass while Gazlowe is friendly and accommodating (to allies), that will sway the Junker Gnomes to join the Horde. Junkers seem to be a big hit with Horde players, more so than with Alliance players who already have technophile gnomes. For Blizzard, its easier to share gnomish lore with Junkers than it is to keep Vulpera and Sethrak lore up to date and relevant. They dont want to repeat the situation with Pandaren, who haven't been relevant since MoP. Vulpera are likely red herrings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The Horde is going to suffer what Alliance players been suffering with since we got Worgen. I can imagine what RP servers going to look like when Vulpera becomes a thing....the horror.
    I’m on a RP server.

Legitimately considering a faction change once I’ve seen this expansion through.

Just a question:

Since both horde and alliance are cooperate with mechagnomes, why shouldn't this be a pandarenlike race?

Even though Tortollans would fit even better for that role.

the mag'har are just orcs but even more inclined to fascism
    The fuck? 10char

Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    Just a question:

Since both horde and alliance are cooperate with mechagnomes, why shouldn't this be a pandarenlike race?
    *Cough* Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    *Cough* Nightborne.
    Weren't nightborns against nightelves because of Tyrande?

This time is different, since it's a new race which has been just discovered, helped by both factions.
    More like highmountains maybe... but even so I can't see mechagnomes to join alliance because of gnomes, while Highmountains joining taurens is more approriate.

They got Nightborne exactly right.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I actually find the mechagnomes100% more interesting than vulpera, I’ll trade you.
    Both completely suck imo.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    They got Nightborne exactly right.
    Nightborne are like the flaming trashheap of allied races, they look like night elves spray painted.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Which is why I find it odd that Horde gets Vulpera and Alliance " just an existing race but a little more". I think the Goblins from Nazjatar would be the Horde equivalent to Mechagnomes.

But if Blizzard seriously admitted what you said......
    And Ankoan the equivalent of Vulpera?

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Nightborne are like the flaming trashheap of allied races, they look like night elves spray painted.
    I meant lorewise. But honestly, they *are* night elves in most respects, so I would have thought it silly to give them some redesign. Kul Tirans, that's what's silly.