Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Guess i will go about it the way of "Kill them before they kill you" But it's still a waste of time to attack other players rather than doing the quest objective. So don't really understand why anyone would do it.
    Well, that's your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Warmode should have never had PvE rewards tied to it. That's the problem >.<
    Amen. It's like pvp rewards should come from pvp and PvE should come from PvE.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wondering, what the logic or reason behind World PvP is. Why do you enjoy going in big grps and bully other players?
    What is the logic? The chance to fight in the actual world. It is immersive. It is chaotic. You never know when you might be fighting. You never know who might join in. There are no rules or structures or map limitations. No flags to capture, no bases to guard. Just pure combat. Plus it's fun.

Even lower geared people tho, that i can defeat without any problems just decide to jump me for no reason other than to hinder me from completing my dailies..
    You're assuming that's their goal is disruption. You understand that there are rewards tied to pvp right? Honor points. Killing blows for quests. There's also the fun of trying to beat somebody stronger. You shouldn't automatically dismiss a player as a threat or assume they are being annoying just because of gear levels.

So i'm just wondering, is that your goal? Your enjoyment? That you know you wasted a few minutes of someone elses time?
    Let me flip the question. What is YOUR goal? You don't seen to enjoy it. You haven't stated anything that you do yourself. Your post is all about the hard time that you have had.

One of the issues with warmode is that people don't take warmode on for doing pvp, but for extra rewards. Wich sucks for those who put it on to actually PvP, it creates this illusion of having more players on your side in that zone, when in reality you are outnumbered 1 vs 5 because said people don't participate in World PvP.

It also gives blizzard an idea of that extra rewards is making people opt into World PvP, when it in reality it does not, it just makes those players opt in to warmode to get more AP, Gold etc from World Quests.

It's just not so fun when you want to do some World PvP and zone in with the attitude of "wow, so many players in here, it's smashin time" just to be disappointed to see them killing more crabs to close some holes in the ground. Today a War Supply Chest spawned, we was Alliance and tought we had a good shot because it was 50/50 Alliance/Horde, then when it landed half of the Alliance group ran away because they were done with the WQ that happened in the same spot. Ended up being 3 vs 12-15. Great stuff!

Turn off Warmode if it's making you any trouble, I know I do when I don't feel like it. Warmode on 24/7 on my Horde chars though

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    What is the logic? The chance to fight in the actual world. It is immersive. It is chaotic. You never know when you might be fighting. You never know who might join in. There are no rules or structures or map limitations. No flags to capture, no bases to guard. Just pure combat. Plus it's fun.
    So it's an RP thing? sorry i can't understand that way of thinking.

You're assuming that's their goal is disruption. You understand that there are rewards tied to pvp right? Honor points. Killing blows for quests. There's also the fun of trying to beat somebody stronger. You shouldn't automatically dismiss a player as a threat or assume they are being annoying just because of gear levels.
    There is nothing worthwhile from PvP, Not anything worth spending time or effort on any way, At least not from Open world.

Let me flip the question. What is YOUR goal? You don't seen to enjoy it. You haven't stated anything that you do yourself. Your post is all about the hard time that you have had.
    To do my quests as fast as possible without people interupting me.. just for the sake of wasting my time.

People like to feel powerful and being in a large group adds to that significantly. That said, being in a group vs one person takes no skill and it's hilarious when people think they are good because they were able to 5v1 one you. It's great when you take one or two of them out despite the numbers difference, you know they feel stupid.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2019-07-07 at 10:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's an RP thing? sorry i can't understand that way of thinking.

Who said anything about role play? I described everything that makes WORLD pvp different to INSTANCED pvp.

There is nothing worthwhile from PvP, Not anything worth spending time or effort on any way, At least not from Open world.
    You mean besides the weekly kill quest completion, honor gains, world pvp quests and spontaneous fun? Nope, nothing at all.

To do my quests as fast as possible without people interupting me.. just for the sake of wasting my time.
    Are you trolling? What part of P V P are you missing? PLAYER versus PLAYER. If you aren't willing to fight people why do you have the system on? YOU are the problem, not the the other players.

Hey.

Just wondering, what the logic or reason behind World PvP is. Why do you enjoy going in big grps and bully other players?

Even lower geared people tho, that i can defeat without any problems just decide to jump me for no reason other than to hinder me from completing my dailies..

So i'm just wondering, is that your goal? Your enjoyment? That you know you wasted a few minutes of someone elses time?

- - - Updated - - -

Obligatory "No it's so people go to the forums and type out a angry reply because they are salty"

Please.. serious awnsers, Not looking for trolls here.. Just trying to understand why you do it
    No trolls? You are either troll or stupid. War mode is pvp mode. It was created to give pve players chance to avoid fightning with other players because obviously good pvp players can destroy pve player that is even 30-40 ilvls above.

Those people who attack you during your dalies are players who enjoy pvp, who like to fight with brained people and not only scripted monsters that auto attack and cast few spells sometimes.

Here is problem about warmode bonuses. Because they exist pve players enable warmode too so they are angry when they are killed by enemy faction.

People who play with warmode enabled only for it's pve bonuses will don't understand it. it's just nice to fight other players.

You got killed when surrounded by big pull during dalies? Life is brutal - sorry.

It's different for myself because the way I play it varies between War Mode and non War Mode. Playing Alliance however I have to alternate between the two frequently.

PvE mode: World quests, rare farming, just being able to play without wasting time and losing out on every little thing. I work 8 - 12 hour days nearly each day so my time is short and I need to make it count.

War Mode: Certain pvp only objectives. My shift focuses purely on these things and instead of going: "i cant get these wqs done or i keep getting camped" I am now in organized groups to push the pvp content itself.

Basically WM off is for relax time and getting my stuff done and WM on is for killing the people who suck on Sylvanas' toes so that I can get the pvp content as well.

I think though that if I were to stay in War Mode 100% of the time id be pissed off more often just simply by how many times I have been out numbered and safe to assume this applies to other players as well. The ability to toggle WM on and off is a boon because for those trying to manage time it's perfect for us to have the option to alternate.

Are you trolling? What part of P V P are you missing? PLAYER versus PLAYER. If you aren't willing to fight people why do you have the system on? YOU are the problem, not the the other players.
    I just avoid fighting back, hoping that will remove the satisfaction from those "People"

I have the system on for the +25% bonus to PvE rewards.´

Who said anything about role play? I described everything that makes WORLD pvp different to INSTANCED pvp.

The way you discribed it sounded like RP. Any time you think PvP is Horde vs Alliance, red is dead etc is RP. But i think most people are just trying to progress in the game and don't care much for RP.

To me you are a person with malicious intend trying to hurt me as a person. You are not trying to have fun, just trying to prevent me from enjoying the the, or well, that's probably what's fun for you.. knowing you waste the time of someone else.

and if any of this sounds "Crazy" to you.. then yes it does to me as well, that's why i made this thread to ask you all why you go out of your way to ruin the game experience for other players.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2019-07-07 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just avoid fighting back, hoping that will remove the satisfaction from those "People"
    Why are you putting people in quotation marks? That to me suggests that you believe you are above them. That anybody engaging in pvp is a savage not worthy of your time or respect.

I have the system on for the +25% bonus to PvE rewards.´

The key word here is reward. This isn't a free bonus just because. You gain these incentives by partaking in a game mode. You elect in to this. It's optional. Now again, what part of player versus player are you confused about? What are you expecting to happen when opting into a game mode that is focused on pvp? Would you queue for a dungeon and expect players to zone out and start questing in the world? Would you enter a raid and expect players to role play with the npcs instead of killing bosses? Of course you wouldn't. You know what you're getting into when you take part in these gameplay modes. So why are you surprised at people partaking in pvp when opted into pvp?

The way you discribed it sounded like RP. Any time you think PvP is Horde vs Alliance, red is dead etc is RP. But i think most people are just trying to progress in the game and don't care much for RP.
    I never said anything about horde vs alliance and I never made any references to "red is dead". I've never even heard that expression before. And you end your sentence assuming that other people feel the way that you feel. You are opting into this mode for PvE rewards. Why do you believe other people are the same as you? Just because you don't care for pvp doesn't mean that nobody else cares. If nobody else cared, this system wouldn't exist.

To me you are a person with malicious intend trying to hurt me as a person. You are not trying to have fun, just trying to prevent me from enjoying the the, or well, that's probably what's fun for you.. knowing you waste the time of someone else.
    Your problem is you are unable to seperate yourself from your frame of reference. You're only thinking about your own assumptions and experiences and you're unable to comprehend that other people have different goals, different experiences and different motivations. You are assuming that people have the goal of wasting your time. That's based on your own frustrations and your own experience. You clearly don't think of PvP as something fun. And therefore you are unable to comprehend that other people are having fun. You have been ganked doing invasions by large groups. Therefore you assume this is what world PvP is. You are unable to comprehend 1v1 fighting that takes place unexpectedly, keeping you on your toes. You can't comprehend a player travelling down a road and seeing two people fighting and making a decision about whether to jump in or not. You can't comprehend pvp quests which require you to kill others for rewards. You are unable to comprehend people at lower levels fighting each other in pre bfa expansions in which there are no world quests with +% bonuses. You're stuck in your own mindset. That's why despite me and others telling you multiple reasons for people to want to engage in PvP, you still can't look past "time wasting malicious people". Once again, this is a problem with you, not a problem with the system.

and if any of this sounds "Crazy" to you.. then yes it does to me as well, that's why i made this thread to ask you all why you go out of your way to ruin the game experience for other players.
    What is crazy is people giving you points of view that are different to "ruining the game experience" and you ignoring that and continuing to ask about people ruining the game experience. You know they say the definition of insanity is repeating the same actions and expecting different results.

You are clearly having a bad time with this optional game play mode. Might I suggest you try playing the game without it turned on? You'll be free of your frustrations, free of the horrible malicious people who are out to ruin your gameplay and you'll still get rewards, just a little less than some others.

I'm not going to respond to you anymore. I've tried engaging with you but you repeatedly ignore my points and make your own assumptions. Like yourself, I too care about wasting my time. But I recognise when I can take action to avoid that from happening. Good luck with your wow experience, I hope you can manage to enjoy the game.

Why are you putting people in quotation marks? That to me suggests that you believe you are above them. That anybody engaging in pvp is a savage not worthy of your time or respect.
    I don't believe i am above anyone, But i do believe players who go out into the world with the intend of disrupting the play and time of other players are not people worthy of Respect.

I did read everything you wrote. But i feel like i covered the other things in previous replies.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2019-07-07 at 06:56 PM.

I don't believe i am above anyone, But i do believe players who go out into the world with the intend of disrupting the play and time of other players are not people worthy of Respect.

I did read everything you wrote. But i feel like i covered the other things in previous replies.
    If you're on a diamond with a glove and a bat it is only reasonable to assume that you're there to play baseball.

There is a non-verbal contract that you enter into when you turn on warmode, where you say it is ok for others to attack you as long as you get a +10% bonus to some things. If someone chooses to attack you while you have warmode on, they are not ruining anything, they aren't harassing you, and they are not disrupting your time, you literally chose to have your "play" encompass that scenario. If this offends you beyond the point of reason, then simply turn off warmode.

And yes, I like to fight other players because it is far more varied and challenging then fighting NPC's and mobs, as those elements in the game have almost no mechanics and a nearly zero percent chance to kill me. It is also far more satisfying to kill people in the world vs killing them in battlegrounds or arenas, as that experience is far more immersive.

You covered shit, you're full of shit, and should really just turn Warmode off. Or don't. I enjoy murdering players like you the most, actually.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some people are just assholes that get pleasure from wasting other peoples time and pissing them off.

It makes the game feel more authentic. Warcraft indicates war after all. If I see an enemy I should be able to attack them if I so choose and vice versa. Simple as that. The extra danger factor also adds to the experience. But I do agree that imbalanced servers or shards ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    You covered shit, you're full of shit, and should really just turn Warmode off. Or don't. I enjoy murdering players like you the most, actually.
    Maybe you shouldn't advertise that you like murdering people?

Or at least learn what the difference between a character and a player is, as hard as that may be for someone who has already admitted they like killing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Turn War Mode off. You actually have a choice.
    Every time I hear that stupid canned response it makes me want to punch the real person who typed the words in the nose. It's as moronic as telling someone if they don't want to get in a car accident to never drive or walk down a street.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Every time I hear that stupid canned response it makes me want to punch the real person who typed the words in the nose. It's as moronic as telling someone if they don't want to get in a car accident to never drive or walk down a street.
    You should check a shrink if you get triggered this hard by the most accurate response. I'm gonna explain though what I mean. The extra rewards that were connected to WM are a means to attract more people into WM. Essentially, people are bitching about getting ganked or being outmembered (Alliance main here who used WM before new patch, and I intend to enable it after I get flying) when they CHOSE the possibility of these events happening to them. The rewards aren't for free, they are meant both as a lure to get more people in and as a compensation for all the possible time lost due to getting gabked etc.

In the past if you made your chars in a PvP realm, who most of us did, you couldn't even have a way out. I remember logging out from my alt, bringing my main to the gank spot and hunt the person who ganked me. So, compared to then, you actually have a choice. If this idea seems too triggering for you, then it's your own problem.

Btw, your car comparison doesn't work in this concept. You can still do all your activities in game that you would except for the intended PvP ones.

There won't be a further response to you.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You are the one who should see a shrink. Pitiful enlisted bonus to freaking war resources, azerite and gold is nothing. It's only there to make up for time you lose when fighting enemy faction. If you hate pvp and run WM anyway, then you are hopeless.