Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't think this is quite as good as Return to Karazhan but it is definitely the best dungeon in BFA.

I tried it with one group where we wiped 9 times on the first boss disbanding, the thing is the healer was really undergeared to the point where we barely survived charged smash.

the second group I was in was slightly better geared, around ilvl 405, this time it was much smoother, we one shot the first boss, then we wiped about 8 or 9 times on the slime boss before we got the mechanics nailed and boss killed, we oneshot the duo and in the process learned that killing Trixie before Neano makes Neano hit ridiculously hard. On the fourth boss we wiped once because as a tank I underestimated the damage of the Tankbuster add, we one shot the tussle tonks with relative ease although the Platinum Pummeler could do with a health reduction because after the other boss died it was a 3-4 minute slog with little to no difficulty. We wiped once on the dog because we accidently blew up a box before the massive aoe so we had nowhere to hide, Machinist was pretty straight forward just a ton of kiting and dodging stuff and finally King Mechagon, a oneshot and quite a let down I feel, the fight looks spectacular visually but I think it could do with being a little more challenging honestly.

All in all I think Blizzard have done a very good job with Operation: Mechagon.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I did the math on Benthic gear, and assuming you don't reroll token at all you'd need a little over 2 months to get a fully 425 set of benthic items.
    Given you did everything on a daily basis.
    That's a lot of effort and a lot of time, which is fair.

But nowhere near the 2 week mark the guy said that everyone would be 430+.
    Oh yeah it won’t be 2 weeks but I think 2 months for full 425 (5 ilvls lower than heroic AEP) is as good as you’re going to get as a causal player. Realistically, it can easily be done at 415 so you can probably cut that in half as well. It’s not overtuned, people running in with an ilvl that’s 4 raids behind are just undergeared. I’m sure it’s doable at 390 but your average player will need ilvl to carry them so they’d just have to wait until they get some benthic gear. That or in the case of the guy I was replying to, they’d need a better group and better individual play most likely.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-07-12 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Oh yeah it won’t be 2 weeks but I think 2 months for full 425 (5 ilvls lower than heroic AEP) is as good as you’re going to get as a causal player. Realistically, it can easily be done at 415 so you can probably cut that in half as well. It’s not overtuned, people running in with an ilvl that’s 4 raids behind are just undergeared. I’m sure it’s doable at 390 but your average player will need ilvl to carry them so they’d just have to wait until they get some benthic gear. That or in the case of the guy I was replying to, they’d need a better group and better individual play most likely.
    I have no problem with 2 months. Thats a lot of time. I wouldnt even have a problem with 2 weeks. My problem is that its literally not possible and is Just a musrepresentation based on 'but Classic waz betta' feelings from ppl who dont even play the game now.

As for overtuning, i dont mean overtuned as in too hard.
    I mean overtuned as in bosses have wrong health and damage distributions based on the effort or time required to beat them. The 'bullet-sponge' issue really. Current health leveles are a tad high compared to mechanics and boss damage. Thats my stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The dungeon is great, bosses are fun and it looks amazing.
    Not to mention that the loot is interesting.

Tho, i seems to be somewhat overtuned.
    That's funny, I'd say it's not overtuned at all. It's still easier than Return to Kara was when that came out (my all time favourite 5 man dungeon)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post

I tried it with one group where we wiped 9 times on the first boss disbanding, the thing is the healer was really undergeared to the point where we barely survived charged smash.
    The healer would have to be SERIOUSLY undergeared for that to be the case. We did a full, smooth clear last night with a 380 healer. I also didn't find the Platinum Pummeler to take that long to kill. Did you remove all 3 stacks of the platinum armor plating from it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    The dungeon is fun, but it IS overtuned.

I did it twice with a 415 group.

Thing is, mechanics are very simple yet stuff takes ages to kill. Especially bosses. There are so few thing to actually actively do that it is a tank-n-spank most of the time.
    In fact, the hardest part of the dungeon is the last trash pack right before King Mechagon.

The best encounters are literally the first 4. Those actually require you to do stuff. The last 4 are tank-n-spank. I would say each boss needs a 30% nerf to health to make this dungeon less boring. Especially when keystones come, tyraniccal bosses here would take 15 mins with this tuning. Damage is fine, it's mostly one-shot crap.

I would honestly wanna see someone breeze thru this 390-400ilvl in an hour. Not half a day, in an hour.
    Dude, it's a MEGA dungeon. Like return to Kara was. It's not MEANT to be cleared in a short time. Sheesh, you people...
    And no, you can't just tank and spank the bosses 5-8. Did you even run the dungeon or are you just making this up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    This probably the most overturned dungeon in the history of the game.

I tried it yesterday, and we wiped 5 times on trash, before first boss.

Then we wiped 7 times on first boss, before we disbanded. Best attempt was 74%

Ilevel req in group finder was set to 405.
    Git gud? It still ain't got anythin' on the difficulty of TBC heroics / Cata mythics when they were current. I pugged O:M and it was a wipe fest. I did it with the guild the next day and it was easy. It's called get a decent team of players, add them to friends, or join a guild with competent players.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since we can only compare it to Return to Karazhan, and maybe a bit for BRD, i really would say that it is only a bit close behind RtK. Its a wonderful dungeon with some really great bosses, with mechanics, that are hard, interesting and delightfully ruthless. It is so great in this current dungeon philosophy for most dungeons, to see people getting punished if they don't do mechanics. Seeing 2 people get 1 shot on King Mechagon really fills my heart with joy

So as always with these mega dungeons, 10/10. I wish Blizzard did more of these, but then again, they would proberly become boring and uninteresting.

Edit: And when it comes to tuning, its actually pretty good I would say that the last pack of mobs could do with a nerf though, since you will just get mowed down if you are unlucky with shield generator spawns. I died more times to that pack of mobs than to any individual boss xD I can't really point out any boss, which is too hard, because most of the bosses are just about mechanics. There is no hard dmg burn you have to go through or some scale up mechanic, all the bosses can be done over 20 min if you wanted to.

My personal favorite boss fight is King Mechagon. He is a no bullshit fight, where failing the lazers will get you killed, not moving away from magnet will get you killed and getting hit by a spark as a melee will proberly get you punted off an edge and get you killed. Yet, it is all something you can just perform and then it is a pretty simple fight
    Last edited by Flurryfang; 2019-07-12 at 01:40 PM.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    This dungeon is the epitome of "challenging but fair".

Some of the fights are SUPER intensive on your healer, but there is NOTHING that kills you unfairly. Its a dungeon where you MUST execute the mechanics or you die, which is how it should be.

My group was 395-405. Sure, we had wipes while learning, but once we got the hang of fights everything was 100% doable. At no point did we feel "we don't have the gear for this" - deaths were caused by us failing mechanics or standing in stuff, and when we stopped failing and stopped standing in stuff, the bosses died.

It is in no way overtuned.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

Dude, it's a MEGA dungeon. Like return to Kara was. It's not MEANT to be cleared in a short time. Sheesh, you people...
    And no, you can't just tank and spank the bosses 5-8. Did you even run the dungeon or are you just making this up?
    The "mega" part of the dungeon only means that it's 2 dungeons back-to-back. Exactly like Kara. When you separate Kara into the 2 keystone versions, they didn't take more than 30-35mins each (given a decent a group). Yknow, like any other 5-man dungeon.

In Mechagon, clearing the first part takes like 40-60 mins. Not because it's hard, but because it's bullet-spongy. And that bullet-sponginess (enemies having way too much health, both trash and bosses) will translate very badly when we transition into the keystone system. Cuz keystones only amplify base values. That's why they have to fix it now to avoid that.

2 to 3 hours is not a short time. You could literally do the first 4 bosses in the new raid with a group that doesnt know tactics and still be faster. This is not good.
    Especially since trash are very few in Mechagon overall (compared to other dungeon anyways) yet they take twice the time.

And yes you can tank-n-spank bosses. Moving 2 inches to avoid a colored circle doesn't mean it's not tank-n-spank. I guess you musta wiped a lot if you think otherwise.

You probably didn't realize (or ignored) boss mechanics. Which is understandable 1 or 2 times at most, but 7 times? lol.

Fight is absolutely trivial if everyone a) soaks the charged smash, followed by b) activate the 4 pylons and the disabled robot. (both will one shot the zerging adds, clearing the room).

It's literally a tank and spank, single target fight.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Sounds like a skill problem. As a 401 prot pally I had no trouble staying alive during the trash and we downed the trogg and duel gnomes with only 3 tries going in blind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed it. A lot of bosses with fun, interactive mechanics.

I'm looking forward to doing it on my alts! Unfortunately my main group severely overgeared it so we facerolled it, but I have no doubt it will be challenging going in with appropriate gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    It definitely is (heck, in this patch even the WQs were overtuned). But some elitist smartasses already told someone to GIT GUD so it's probably all fine and doesn't need tuning

That boss is really easy compared to the rest...
    Maybe they were inadvertently doing the one with the 4th boss overhead? We had a couple pulls like that before we realized that you just pick whichever one doesn't have it flying over it. /shrug

I was a 411 hunter and I joined a complete pug full of randoms 395-410 ilevel range. None of us had watched any video guides or read any of the strat run downs available on websites and instead relied on a glance at the dungeon journal before each boss.

We had a few wipes on the slime boss because people stacked and got slimed alot which obviously was player failing mechanics. Every other boss was eaither a 1 shot or 1 or 2 wipes to get the basics down.

We did this with 0 voice comms and everyone was full of positivity and excitment about how well designed and cool the dungeon was.

1st time in a long time ive REALLY enjoyed a dungeon AND pugging.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Did it on my 400 mage yesterday, had like 2 wipes. If you think it's too hard it's not a gear issue mate
    i love posts like this. "my mage was ilevel 400, with a full group of ilevel 420s, and it was easy bro. gitgud."

It's one of best dungenons they ever did but difficulty is is too low. Some of first bosses are too hard and some of last bosses are complete joke, you can't even die

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    if only it was queue able in HC version >.<
    As we have seen with RTK, making it queable on HC takes alot of the magic out of the dungeon. The great thing about the mega dungeons are that they are hard, but overcoming the bosses rewards you with the best reward of all, which is to experience new content and seeing new areas.

If it was queable, everybody would have experienced all the bosses, seen all the areas and made doing it on Mythic just a rerun with no real surpriseses and a min-max attitude to see if it was actually worth it to do the dungeon.

Having done it 3 times so far with close to 10 different groups, i can tell that people do the dungeon for so many reasons. I have seen people greatly overgear the place, doing it only for fun and for pets, yet i have also seen people who are very undergeared, yet they want to take the challenge and see if they can get to experience the instance early on. You would not have gotten that, if people could just steam through on heroric and not really appriciate the bosses or the enviroment in the speed-run style.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    It's one of best dungenons they ever did but difficulty is is too low. Some of first bosses are too hard and some of last bosses are complete joke, you can't even die
    Yeah the garden boss feels like he is missing 1-2 abilities, yet its not like he is boring. If you get hit a few times by the cogs, you can die. The fire can be a motherfucker with positioning and the the dmg is on point. Him together with Cu'jo could be spiced up, but i never killed a boss and felt like it was a joke.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    This literally made me want to resub (Haven't been subbed since around early WOD)
    Really glad to hear that! I mean, blizzard got some things to work on still, but this dungeon? - it was a HUGE step in the right direction!

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    it's overtuned AF. so far the only people i've seen who really liked it are people who dont need any gear from it.
    Shh. Those people don't like it when the truth is spoken; it ruins their elitism and hair-tossing.

Now, if you wait long enough, you'll find the people claiming its not at all and you can do it with a full team of people in (relatively) shit gear and/or that you're just unskilled unlike the pros they are. And... go!

Quote Originally Posted by Waytomoo View Post
    Its not overtuned AF. You can very well do it with 390-400 gear.

I mean this dungeon is very fun and nicely tuned for 390-400gear. Finally 5man encounters where you actually have to work for it and cant just breeze through it. Imo these kind of dungeons require harder tuning than "normal 5 mans". It wouldnt be fun if it was a breeze with lower gear.
    Oh hey, that didn't take long at all.
    Last edited by Doctor Funkenstein; 2019-07-12 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Proof

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Shh. Those people don't like it when the truth is spoken; it ruins their elitism and hair-tossing.

Now, if you wait long enough, you'll find the people claiming its not at all and you can do it with a full team of people in (relatively) shit gear and/or that you're just unskilled unlike the pros they are. And... go!

Oh hey, that didn't take long at all.
    read the thread. ive already been called a scrub by ultra-elite ilevel 400 players twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    As we have seen with RTK, making it queable on HC takes alot of the magic out of the dungeon. The great thing about the mega dungeons are that they are hard, but overcoming the bosses rewards you with the best reward of all, which is to experience new content and seeing new areas.

If it was queable, everybody would have experienced all the bosses, seen all the areas and made doing it on Mythic just a rerun with no real surpriseses and a min-max attitude to see if it was actually worth it to do the dungeon.

Having done it 3 times so far with close to 10 different groups, i can tell that people do the dungeon for so many reasons. I have seen people greatly overgear the place, doing it only for fun and for pets, yet i have also seen people who are very undergeared, yet they want to take the challenge and see if they can get to experience the instance early on. You would not have gotten that, if people could just steam through on heroric and not really appriciate the bosses or the enviroment in the speed-run style.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the garden boss feels like he is missing 1-2 abilities, yet its not like he is boring. If you get hit a few times by the cogs, you can die. The fire can be a motherfucker with positioning and the the dmg is on point. Him together with Cu'jo could be spiced up, but i never killed a boss and felt like it was a joke.
    ok that works for you.. but for people like me that have little desire to random pugs via anything but LFD/LFR it sucks... odds are i wont experience till it eventually gets a HC version in the next patch.. the magic is there regardless of the difficutly imo, for me. it could be solo with 4 other NPC's and be the sames M+10
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Was expecting a totally mindless run through a mythic 0, but was surprised to see it was rather appropriately tuned to the point where you actually had to do the mechanics. Who would have thought.

Wouldn't complain about them splitting the dungeon in half though.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2019-07-12 at 10:47 PM.