Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

crowd took the law into their own hands, beat to death a man who stole car with kids

“In an apparent act of mob justice, a man was beaten to death after he tried to steal a car with three children inside, Philadelphia police said.
    Erik Hood, 54, drove off with the car while the children's mother and father were in a store Thursday night, police said. The parents chased down the vehicle on foot and pulled the carjacker out of the car when he got caught in traffic, police said.
    Hood assaulted the father and fled, but a large crowd stopped Hood and beat him, police said. He was pronounced dead at Temple University Hospital, police said.
    "I'm not a fan of street justice," Philadelphia Police Capt. Jason Smith said at a press conference Friday. "I think everything should play out through us as it comes to criminal actions."

Police have video footage of the encounter and are trying to identify the people who assaulted Hood, Smith said. No arrests have been made, he said.

A spokeswoman for the district attorney's office said prosecutors are waiting for police to complete their investigation before commenting.
    The children in the vehicle were not harmed, police said.“

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/07/12/us/...www.cnn.com%2F

What is y’all thoughts on this incident that took place??

Isnt this the community policing leftists want?

No need for a cop

Comes entirely from within the community

They should be executed, every single last of them. For murder and being accomplices to murder.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    In FL they would give the crowd medals.

Seriously though, this is bad. I've heard of stories where a parent stops an on-going crime and severely beats the assailant before police arrive, but that's much different. This is almost a lynching. I could see "securing" the guy until police arrive, and the criminal getting roughed up a bit in the process. But beat to death - too far. Without question.

Stuff like this is bad for a modern democratic society. Roving bands of vigilantes dealing out mob justice will lead to lots of deaths with innocent people being killed due to mistaken identity. The man that was killed deserved to go to jail but not to be beaten to death by an angry mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand the crowd being mad at him, but.. Jesus fuck that's too far. They need to be made an example of, thrown in jail for murder. Or maybe you guys still have lynching laws in place? Could pull those out retirement and try to apply them

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    In FL they would give the crowd medals.
    In Alabama they'd charge the parents of kids in the car with child endangerment...

As for the jackass talking about "leftist policing" there's a huge gap between not wanting police to bypass the law and just murder people, and not wanting civilians to bypass the law and just murder people instead. Or how about we just don't want people being murdered in place of justice being delivered....at all.

Mob Mentality. One person starts hitting and everyone else follows suit.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    They should be executed, every single last of them. For murder and being accomplices to murder.
    Shall we also mount their severed heads on pikes in front of city hall as a reminder and warning to all?

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

No need for a cop

Lynching is certainly not what leftists want, from what I know.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah the consequences of the left's war on the rule of law. This is what happens when you force a narrative of the law no longer helping and instead being totally and fully against the common man. Roving gangs of thieves and murderers, paint your hands in the blood, you've earned it.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

No need for a cop

Im a "leftist" and no. This is terrible.

The same thing would happen if you kidnapped a baby bear from their mother.

I have no sympathy for this man. The world is a better place without him.

What was the phrase...?

“play stupid games, win stupid prizes”?

Seems like justice to me. Dont be a criminal.

5+ Year Old Account
    No sympathy here.

Although I agree it's illegal what they did, I will not lose sleep over it. If I were on the jury of their trial, I would do some jury nullification and acquit them.

The only person who should be charged is the mother for leaving her kids unattended in a running vehicle.

I would've done the same, try and hurt my kids I'll go to jail no problem for your death.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarmyman View Post
    I would've done the same, try and hurt my kids I'll go to jail no problem for your death.
    You have no issue with not being able to care for your kids then?

10+ Year Old Account
    If there were two parents, why did both of them leave all three children in the car alone?

My parents never did something that irresponsible when me and my brother were kids, it would either be one of them remains in the car with us, or if both wanted to visit a store we had to go with them.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Ah the consequences of the left's war on the rule of law. This is what happens when you force a narrative of the law no longer helping and instead being totally and fully against the common man. Roving gangs of thieves and murderers, paint your hands in the blood, you've earned it.
    Mob Mentality killings have been happening for longer than there has been a "rule of law" for "the left" to war against.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2019-07-13 at 09:28 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.