Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Let go, It is over...

Was that the voice of Elune?

In light of the new zones, I re-watched the warbrigner Azshara - nice to see a pristine looking zin'Azshari, but noticed that when Azshara shields up, a serene voice speaks to her, to let go, as she struggles under the strain. All the vainglorious out of her voice, she iterates about the empire she built, and the voice responds, it is over.

Do you think that was Elune? speaking ot the night elf Empress?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I am pretty sure that was N'Zoth speaking to Azshara, urging her to let go of her defiance and ultimately join him as a servant. I think the voice it's using is supported to be her own - a way of getting to her through her vanity and pride.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol. Come on, dood. It was nzoth

It's N'Zoth telling her to let go so that she can be twisted into his service once she is near-death. He used her voice because it's more terrifying. I mean, imagine hearing someone who sounds exactly like you basically telling you to die. That's freaky.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    It was the void whispering to her, not Elune.

My god, the whispers literally came from a N'zoth fish.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It was christie golden commenting on our hopes for decent storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It was the void whispering to her, not Elune.

My god, the whispers literally came from a N'zoth fish.
    But what if N'zoth is Elune in disguise? What then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Sad, but true. I want to believe she wont be behind the next expansion but I suspect we are stuck with her for some time. Fanfic tier author.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    how do people even come up with such things... ya sure a Fish with N'Zoth eyes all over its body is Elune yikes ..

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Nah, Elune is the true big bad and N'zoth is an otaku who just wants to collect and paint figurines of Azeroth's female heroes. Also he wants a Pandaria sized body pillow of Ysera.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Then Elune is the greatest trap that ever lived.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    All she wants is a place for being kind and respectful with sparkling rainbows on top.

And Lord Anduin will provide
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    All she wants is a place for being kind and respectful with sparkling rainbows on top.

And Lord Anduin will provide
    That place would be her twitter.

7+ Year Old Account
    That place would be her twitter.
    If she catches you, she'll report and block you
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

You're right that it is weird that this is a soft, female voice heavily contrasting N'zoth's booming, intimidating male voice. To the backing tracks of elven singing, of all things.

Listening to the two side by side, it's not the same song, but it may well be the same singer. It's distant, barely audible at all. I had written off the music as just reflecting that they're both elven. One upbeat and hopeful for Ysera's posthumous redemption, one soft and helpless, barely audible as it gets drowned out by the roar of the ocean.

But back to the voice. Do we have any old god related whispery female voices that might fit the bill?

Yes we do. Listening to this, it's certainly much closer than N'zoth's voice, the main difference is the echo effect.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-07-19 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Was that the voice of Elune?

In light of the new zones, I re-watched the warbrigner Azshara - nice to see a pristine looking zin'Azshari, but noticed that when Azshara shields up, a serene voice speaks to her, to let go, as she struggles under the strain. All the vainglorious out of her voice, she iterates about the empire she built, and the voice responds, it is over.

Do you think that was Elune? speaking ot the night elf Empress?
    is so obvious Nzoth

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    how do people even come up with such things... ya sure a Fish with N'Zoth eyes all over its body is Elune yikes ..
    well because the voice sounded female, and it was like a goddess telling a failed servant, to surrender , let go, and let death take her, cos it's over.. sor to flike Delaryn Summermoon being urged to the otherside.

But because she defies the voice anyway, and holds on until it breaks her, then N'zoth approaches her after she rejected the Goddess' call, which would have taken her on to the next life.

That's why I thought it might be elune.

I thought the fish was an artistic element that was a striking contrast of all the chaos around, symbolised in a fish flapping for it's life in death roes - as if to say, this is the Azshara, this is the night elf empire, finished, but unwilling to let go, struggling tos urvive for life it cannot have, because it is over. The right thing to do is to surrender instead of fight. That sounds like a mercifcul goddess. (the fish is not the goddess, it just shows what is happening)

however later the same fish is used by N'zoth and the old gods. While N'zoth speaks, the bargain was struck with all the old gods. The fish is later shown as a conduit of N'zoth who then speaks clearly to her.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was a old god, as for the voice being feminine just remember old gods can whisper in any kind of way from a honey sweet whispers to loud booming demands.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    well because the voice sounded female, and it was like a goddess telling a failed servant, to surrender , let go, and let death take her, cos it's over.. sor to flike Delaryn Summermoon being urged to the otherside.

But because she defies the voice anyway, and holds on until it breaks her, then N'zoth approaches her after she rejected the Goddess' call, which would have taken her on to the next life.

That's why I thought it might be elune.

I thought the fish was an artistic element that was a striking contrast of all the chaos around, symbolised in a fish flapping for it's life in death roes - as if to say, this is the Azshara, this is the night elf empire, finished, but unwilling to let go, struggling tos urvive for life it cannot have, because it is over. The right thing to do is to surrender instead of fight. That sounds like a mercifcul goddess. (the fish is not the goddess, it just shows what is happening)

however later the same fish is used by N'zoth and the old gods. While N'zoth speaks, the bargain was struck with all the old gods. The fish is later shown as a conduit of N'zoth who then speaks clearly to her.
    It's a very poetic idea, which means it's far too subtle for Blizz I'm afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    You're right that it is weird that this is a soft, female voice heavily contrasting N'zoth's booming, intimidating male voice. To the backing tracks of elven singing, of all things.

Listening to the two side by side, it's not the same song, but it may well be the same singer. It's distant, barely audible at all. I had written off the music as just reflecting that they're both elven. One upbeat and hopeful for Ysera's posthumous redemption, one soft and helpless, barely audible as it gets drowned out by the roar of the ocean.

Yes we do. Listening to this, it's certainly much closer than N'zoth's voice, the main difference is the echo effect.
    Tyrande is so beautiful in that video. but yeah, I didn't think that was N'zoth speaking to Azshara.
    Anyway, I relaly love the music and artstyle they give for the night elves, you saw it Ashenvale for classic, then again in Legion with Val'sharah and Suramar, then again in 8.2 with the ruins of zin'Azsharai and the Warbringer Azshara.