Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Blizzard please send help

You have to do something about this Blizzard, instead of just keep ignoring The Alliance.
    I'm truely proud of the remaining raiders in my guild. Still standing strong till this day. While the Final Purge is lurking just around the corner.

/Signed by
    The Last Stand, Anduin's Chosen, Group Therapy and the Alliance in Europe:

Last edited by Nelle; 2019-07-23 at 07:19 AM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't need to do shit. The only thing they could do would swing this chart to full blue and we'd be back in this mess.
    If you wanna raid seriously as ally, find a nice server with a couple of strong ally guilds and roll on it.

What can they or should they do? Even if they altered racials and made transfers free people wouldn't leave the faction that is infinitely faster and easier to find groups on. It is so much easier to pug mythic + and raids on the Horde side of things, people aren't going to just give up on that. Alliance already gets a bunch of advantages through WM and people still don't care. Short of some game altering/breaking change to racials the cat is out of the bag.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I have no idea how they can in any way turn this around. They have ignored the problem for 5+ years now and it has just gotten worse and worse. I'm still amazed by the complete ignorance they have had towards this issue in their game. They seem to have no problem stepping in when things are whack, but the faction imballance feels like no issue to them.

Atleast the latest development in Lore and the War Campaign seem to hint towards some sort of faction merge coming in 9.0.
    I guess that is our only hope now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Short of some game altering/breaking change to racials the cat is out of the bag.
    Only top 50-100 care about racials tbh. Rest just like the horde, or should I say dislike the white knight boysband the ally was portrayed as since forever. And you're spot on on the group and pugs, no1 wants to give up that for a chance to be on the other side.

Let me take a guess, the posters above are hordes. It kinda illustrates the problem we face.
    Horde (and thus the majority) don't want Blizzard to do anything about this issue. Simply because their gameplay is better than ever.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2019-07-23 at 07:33 AM.

They can't do anything. That's a community problem.

That's like complaining about the AH prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

A community problem Blizzard created years back and decided not to act upon. When i skim through the 39 horde guilds in the picture. About 10 of them were Alliance within the past 2-3 years. So the final collapse happened in that timeframe and have been ignored.

Guess we just have to wait for the Faction-merge then.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is too late now to do anything at all. My anecdotal experience means little, but the right time would have been around WotLK imo, because on my server I still saw many Alliance pugs going around, a lot more than today. Said server then became 95% horde and everyone left.
    So four-five expansions too late. Cannot go back now. People will never come to Alliance. And no one is to blame but Blizzard, because they decided the matter was of no particular importance and keep doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Let me take a guess, the posters above are hordes. It kinda illustrates the problem we face.
    Horde (and thus the majority) don't want Blizzard to do anything about this issue. Simply because their gameplay is better than ever.
    And why do you want it to change? There's incentive in the HoF to ago ally, yet people won't. The ally has far less competition if they wanna be top ally guild, yet people don't roll ally. The fact that there's only so many guilds over there means a tighter (and prolly better) community, yet no1 cares.
    See a pattern? Is it so hard to comprehend that maybe people don't like playing ally for some other reasons unrelated to sims? They can buff ur racials to heavens, some guilds might transfer but nothing will change. Ally communities are tighter and stronger, Horde community is large. Pick one.

Also your guild doesn't seem to mind the situation that much. Most guilds on ally side who experienced recruitment problems last few years transferred. Why did you stay? I applaud you if the reason is cuz you enjoy the faction / community, but don't expect things to balance out.

And yeah this started cuz Horde racials were OP at some point, and guilds went Horde, and everyone followed.
    Last edited by Denizly; 2019-07-23 at 07:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

The problem originated from Blizzard. There was a thread some time ago where a guy summed it up perfectly:
    Horde has the best racials in-game and is uncontested in this since the beginning -> best guilds go horde -> lower-skilled players flock towards those guilds hoping to get to the top -> some succeed, the others group up together and more and more guilds are born -> new people go horde because that's where everyone is.

The community merely adapted to Blizzard's mess. If I wasn't a dwarf diehard fan, I would have gone tauren a long ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't transfer to alliance even if Blizzard payed me to do so. They should take into consideration the fact, that not many people like and play alliance and give BfA proper ending - total annihilation of alliance. Stormwind would make a great capital city for Undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    Also your guild doesn't seem to mind the situation that much. Most guilds on ally side who experienced recruitment problems last few years transferred. Why did you stay?
    I personally stopped Mythic raiding back in WoD, so I am not really that effect by this final collapse in that sense, but it hurts my beloved Ravencrest server. I've been here since it opened back in 2005.

I see 4 guilds in that top40 that used to be Alliance on Ravencrest. Their departure have surely been noticed in the world and Boralus. Sure the Sharding fix some of it. But its more of an empty shell now.

Group Therapy is an amazing guild/community, and even though I don't raid, the guild is one of the main reasons I stick around now when the server slowly dies out. If they went horde I would most likely move my main with them. Just like everyoe else seems to have done through the later years.

What to do with my 13 alliance alts on the server, is the main question. On a sidenote I also have 10 Horde level 120 characters on Draenor.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2019-07-23 at 08:04 AM.

Oceanic seems to be the exact opposite.

What solution do you propose?
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Oceanic seems to be the exact opposite.

What solution do you propose?
    A Merger! They could place the servers i Dubai so we get equal latency issues.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lore and the War Campaign seem to hint towards some sort of faction merge coming in 9.0.
    Yes, I think this is the only hope indeed.
    For the people who say Blizzard didn't do ANYTHING to combat this: They did add the hall of fame FoS', I guess that was an attempt on trying to fix it?

well they literally havent done anything about pve racials for 10years (wotlk) and with the removal of human overpowerness in pvp racials and buffing horde racial(+seperate glad cutoff) pve and pvp community moved to horde.

solution? xfaction or turn the list blue with overpower alliance pve racials but even then it would need years for majority to move again.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    And why do you want it to change? There's incentive in the HoF to ago ally, yet people won't. The ally has far less competition if they wanna be top ally guild, yet people don't roll ally. The fact that there's only so many guilds over there means a tighter (and prolly better) community, yet no1 cares.
    See a pattern? Is it so hard to comprehend that maybe people don't like playing ally for some other reasons unrelated to sims? They can buff ur racials to heavens, some guilds might transfer but nothing will change. Ally communities are tighter and stronger, Horde community is large. Pick one.

Also your guild doesn't seem to mind the situation that much. Most guilds on ally side who experienced recruitment problems last few years transferred. Why did you stay? I applaud you if the reason is cuz you enjoy the faction / community, but don't expect things to balance out.

And yeah this started cuz Horde racials were OP at some point, and guilds went Horde, and everyone followed.
    Top raiders don't give a rat's ass about Horde or Alliance. They only care which faction is bigger and more active. There can only ever be ONE bigger and more active faction...that is the definition of things. People will always flock to that one faction until there is only one faction left. It's not complicated, it's human nature.

And yes, Blizzard could do something by heavily promoting the less played faction (no matter which one that would be) - which is the only way to keep two factions alive in any game. You always have to push the underdog. HoF was a "nice try"....the reality is though that getting HoF or not seems to be far less important to players than the ability to actually play the content they want when they want to play it, which they need a bigger pool of players for, which currently is on the Horde side.
    When wait times for Horde players in ranodm BGs got too high, Blizzard introduced a game-breaking new mode that allowes you to actually group cross-faction. When the Alliance players cannot find players for the content they want to play Blizzard says "Well.....erm....maybe if you try hard enough you can get an extra title...? Or something."

I have no idea how they can in any way turn this around. They have ignored the problem for 5+ years now and it has just gotten worse and worse. I'm still amazed by the complete ignorance they have had towards this issue in their game. They seem to have no problem stepping in when things are whack, but the faction imballance feels like no issue to them.
    Thing is, the overall faction balance is almost 50:50 at max level, at least according to the data that's available to us.

But almost all more or less hardcore raiders are concentrated on one side, and that side happens to be the Horde. Neither users, nor Blizzard can do anything about as long as there's 2 factions that can't team up. It's in raiders' best interest to be in one faction, there's no benefit in spreading between the two factions evenly, it actually makes things worse for them. When they all are on one side it means that they have a much bigger recruitment pool of like-minded people which in turn increases their chance of success.

Your only hope is the faction barrier removal. As long as it's present in the game, one side will inevitable dominate the other in various aspects of the game.

Atleast the latest development in Lore and the War Campaign seem to hint towards some sort of faction merge coming in 9.0.
    I have noticed the faction imbalance gets massively worse with bad expansions.

I think it's cos guilds break up for lack of raiders and those left see more options on the hord side, at least that's the story for a bunch from the guild I was in befor quitting, from what I gathered from the discord chat after I think the 5th week of not being able to get 20 together for mythic half of the remainder left for the hord and the other half just quit as well. Only think a couple left for new alliance guilds.