Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    $10 bucks is easily worth it.

However, despite your intentions to run through once and never again I'd recommend you level a couple of times and enjoy the combat engine which is among the best in any game. It makes it a pleasure to take the game out now and again and play it for a day or two.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    For ten bucks? Yeah, definitely. A single playthrough is definitely worth that, IMO, just to experience the world and the story and the action. The different classes only expand on that.
    You mean the generic, poorly acted fantasy garbage that only Metzen could spawn? Diablo 3 is a disgrace to the atmosphere provided by the former titles.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You mean the generic, poorly acted fantasy garbage that only Metzen could spawn? Diablo 3 is a disgrace to the atmosphere provided by the former titles.
    I mean, you do you, but I enjoyed it. Not as some big, serious thing, but as a fun and entertaining romp through a world I enjoy. I was genuinely upset when Cain died and then Leah was transformed into Diablo's new host, I like the characters I was playing and interacting with, and the settings around me were great.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I mean, you do you, but I enjoyed it. Not as some big, serious thing, but as a fun and entertaining romp through a world I enjoy. I was genuinely upset when Cain died and then Leah was transformed into Diablo's new host, I like the characters I was playing and interacting with, and the settings around me were great.
    You might have enjoyed it but the story and atmosphere is far cry from what rest of the titles in the series was. But its fine, people are allowed to like garbage.

It's worth it for a playthrough of the story. After the campaign, the game is super boring and repetitive.

If you haven't played it before it sure is. It starts to suck after you finish the story as you'll be stuck farming rifts for the rest of your life. But the story and gameplay before that are pretty good. My recommendation would be to also play on whichever difficulty is the highest you can handle so you can also get a challenge out of it, otherwise if you go easy mode and blast through everything it may get boring after a few hours.

Also I believe it has a trial until Leoric or something? You can try that and see how you like it.
    Last edited by Firedemon; 2019-03-13 at 03:02 PM.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Is Diablo 3 worth $9.99 just to play through once? Is it fun for that ONE time?
    Hell yeah its worth 10 for a 1 time play through thats like 40 hrs of entertainment for 10 bucks ?? Come on man

Yeah I would say so. Buy it while its on sale and wait for a new season to come out and then slamjam it with some friends for a couple weeks and you will have fun.
    Hi Sephurik

No but POE is worth the free download.
    ez value

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    No but POE is worth the free download.
    ez value

/end_thread

PoE is so boring!

If you like a good click to move hack and slash RPG, it is a great game. I just wish you did not have to be online to play it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    If you don't plan on spending more than 10 hours on the game, sure give it a go. Otherwise I recommend Path of Exile, which is f2p
    Playing PoE fully "F2P" is not worth it compared to paying 10euros for D3 due to stash space needed to play efficient.

If ur only willing to play 10 euros, id get D3, if ur willing to pay more (30-40), get PoE with stash tabs.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Sure D3 "could" have been better, but it's still definitely worth the price - try to get the expansion as well though.
    The expansion makes it a LOT better.

I recently paid $60 for the Switch version. Absolutely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Sure D3 "could" have been better, but it's still definitely worth the price - try to get the expansion as well though.
    The expansion makes it a LOT better.
    I'm sure the OP appreciates your invaluable input - almost a year after posting the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I'm sure the OP appreciates your invaluable input - almost a year after posting the thread
    Sheesh, the post is on the first page,. this section of the forum moves way too slow

Quote Originally Posted by ausclar View Post
    I recently paid $60 for the Switch version. Absolutely worth it.
    wtf, it's still 60$?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I have it on pc, ps3 and ps4. If you have someone else to play it with, the console version is deff worth it for the coop alone. I'de buy it for the switch too if it wasn't still 60€.

Nah, should be free due to large numbers of ppl botting this game... like what's even the point of playing this anymore?