Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was generally accepted that the Star Wars story ended with Episode 6 and everything that's being released right now is some sort of weird, lucid dream by Luke

The last movie was the best star wars film since empire. i dont see what the problem is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conspiracy Theories Eh!

Star Wars is not failing the market has been over saturated since that first big boom after a long absence of Star Wars on the big screen. It's really simple Star Wars has evolved and moved past certain peoples nostalgia or fan fic bullshit that has never been and never was going to be part of the big picture. Lucas sold the rights because he was done with Star Wars it's as simple as that, and Disney is trying to make as much money off their purchase for the license. That's it.

Personally I liked 9 hated 10 and based on the trailer 50/50 on going to see the new one, but none of that has anything to do with anybody but me. Star Wars like the Star Trek cinematic universe moved past me. So it's time to move past it, or simply enjoy the original movies from time to time.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Last Jedi is the worst movie ever made but I doubt Disney did that intentionally. They’ve already introduced new characters to make toy money off of even if those sales are low. The easy way to keep toy sales of the old characters low is to just not sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The Star Wars fanbase is fucking scary.
    Bronies and Sonic's say Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Star wars is already lost.

I dont see much point thinking about what is being done to it since its already wasted in hands of disney.
    I have the three real star wars movies, that's enough for me. I just wish I could get the og versions on blueray.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Conspiracy Theories Eh!

Star Wars is not failing the market has been over saturated since that first big boom after a long absence of Star Wars on the big screen. It's really simple Star Wars has evolved and moved past certain peoples nostalgia or fan fic bullshit that has never been and never was going to be part of the big picture. Lucas sold the rights because he was done with Star Wars it's as simple as that, and Disney is trying to make as much money off their purchase for the license. That's it.

Personally I liked 9 hated 10 and based on the trailer 50/50 on going to see the new one, but none of that has anything to do with anybody but me. Star Wars like the Star Trek cinematic universe moved past me. So it's time to move past it, or simply enjoy the original movies from time to time.
    First off I laugh at the idea of Star Wars fatigue and tell you to look at the MCU which is going strong at 2-3 movies a year. If any thing there’s tons of room for a new Star Wars film, I’ve been craving one so much I started playing SWTOR. Last Jedi simply destroyed what goodwill the franchise had so I refuse to go see episode 9, it’s impossible to fix that train wreck. Secondly, episode 9 is the movie coming out in December, I don’t know if there will be a 10.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Disney is contemptible, but this theory is simply laughable.

The actors are simply getting very old (one has died in case you didn't notice), so they simply wanted to wrap up their stories before they all kicked the bucket. New characters needed to be introduced no matter what.

In the same vein, the flat earth theory and moon landing theory are BS too.
    Also I think Ford only agreed to come back if Solo died, supposedly he was supposed to be killed at the end of Empire but Lucas was worried about toy sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Didn't the Rey toys absolutely fail to sell? Much like the Ghostbusters remakes ones? Makes you think

- - - Updated - - -

Not according to audiences it wasn't
    highest grossing film of 2017. it has high audience scores on every site until butthurt basement dwelling MRAs and Incels started writing bots to review bomb it, and even then it still has decent audience scores. i know whatever echochamber you hang out in probably hates it, but in the real world, its one of the best reviewed, most liked, and most profitable films of its time. not that audience scored even matter that much. audiences liked the transformer movies.
    Last edited by NihilSustinet; 2019-08-12 at 03:07 PM.

Marvel just made the highest grossing film ever, after releasing 20 of the same genre of films over the past 10 years - saturation isn't an issue, otherwise Endgame wouldn't have made the money it did.

The Force Awakens did amazingly well - and last jedi didn't - why? Because one was actually faithful and respectful to the Star Wars universe, and one shit all over it.
    by what metric did the last jedi not do well? you have a very skewed view of history.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Disney is contemptible, but this theory is simply laughable.

The actors are simply getting very old (one has died in case you didn't notice), so they simply wanted to wrap up their stories before they all kicked the bucket. New characters needed to be introduced no matter what.

In the same vein, the flat earth theory and moon landing theory are BS too.
    ^ was thinking the same..

+ people inhere needs to stop believing what they hear on YouTube.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    It doesn't benefit them to "destroy" the old characters in anyway.
    Yes it does. Not just the reasons listed in the OP, but also by introducing new Characters they save on the massive contracts they have to pay to Actors to bring back "Fan Favourites", it also allows them to creates more Toys for every new Character.

And if it does hurt the franchise then all they have to do is tell the Fanbase the Franchise isn't for them anymore and that they are all sexist/racists and get the woke crowd buying up their shit.

Didn't the Rey toys absolutely fail to sell? Much like the Ghostbusters remakes ones? Makes you think
    I thought Rey toys sold really well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    First off I laugh at the idea of Star Wars fatigue and tell you to look at the MCU which is going strong at 2-3 movies a year. If any thing there’s tons of room for a new Star Wars film, I’ve been craving one so much I started playing SWTOR. Last Jedi simply destroyed what goodwill the franchise had so I refuse to go see episode 9, it’s impossible to fix that train wreck. Secondly, episode 9 is the movie coming out in December, I don’t know if there will be a 10.
    Hahaha shit I mean I liked 7 not sure about 9, not sure why the fuck I said 9 and 10 anyways MCU is a different franchise and not every marvel movie has been a success. Avengers did great X-Men not so much and sooner or later MCU is going to hit burn out too.

And despite what you say you'll see SW 9 and 10 too if they make it. Because bottom line either you enjoy it enough to see it or you don't. But that experience in and of itself just like mine is irrelevant. Near as I can tell Solo is the only film that didn't do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I thought Rey toys sold really well?
    the haters dont care about facts. they think TLJ failed on every level (even though it didnt, not even close) because they didnt like it. they have no critical thinking skills and just feel however their favorite incel youtube tells them to feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big if true
    “The best way to win an argument is to begin by being right.” -Jill Ruckelshaus

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Hahaha shit I mean I liked 7 not sure about 9, not sure why the fuck I said 9 and 10 anyways MCU is a different franchise and not every marvel movie has been a success. Avengers did great X-Men not so much and sooner or later MCU is going to hit burn out too.

And despite what you say you'll see SW 9 and 10 too if they make it. Because bottom line either you enjoy it enough to see it or you don't. But that experience in and of itself just like mine is irrelevant. Near as I can tell Solo is the only film that didn't do well.
    Yup. Solo didn't do well. I was wearing a star wars shirt at BJs about a month before solo came out, and this old lady who worked there asked if i was going to see it. i said probably not, as huge of a star wars nerd as i am, i dont really care about han's backstory. she said she wasnt either, she didnt care to see a solo film without harrison ford. it just wasnt a film anyone asked for or wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marvel just made the highest grossing film ever, after releasing 20 of the same genre of films over the past 10 years - saturation isn't an issue, otherwise Endgame wouldn't have made the money it did.

The Force Awakens did amazingly well - and last jedi didn't - why? Because one was actually faithful and respectful to the Star Wars universe, and one shit all over it.
    Yeah except all of those films weren't in line to be the same and not all of them did well, in fact most of them did OK or bombed, Fantastic 4 and the reboots, Hulk, Incredible Hulk, X-Men etc.

Yes Solo didn't perform the way they had hoped but then again nobody really even asked for a Solo movie or Rogue, one did great the other didn't The Last Jedi did great for a movie that sucked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    This a wholly stupid theory.

It doesn't benefit them to "destroy" the old characters in anyway. In fact, all it would do is hurt the franchise overall. They are making earnest efforts to make good movies. This conspiracy crap is just that...conspricay crap.
    heh...yeah...imagine something like that happening. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    Yup. Solo didn't do well. I was wearing a star wars shirt at BJs about a month before solo came out, and this old lady who worked there asked if i was going to see it. i said probably not, as huge of a star wars nerd as i am, i dont really care about han's backstory. she said she wasnt either, she didnt care to see a solo film without harrison ford. it just wasnt a film anyone asked for or wanted.
    I didn't see SW Rogue either, and I liked 7, but I wasn't interested in Rogue or Solo, I didn't hate them, just didn't need or want them. I did see 8, which I thought sucked too, but considering how bad it was, it still made over a billion.