Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

M: Queen Azshara 14 (0.08%)

1 month into Mythic. This is close to M ToS levels of participation and it could be a repeat of the ToS fiasco. The big guilds like Exorsus have only just defeated the encounter. It looks like we'll be in the palace till 2020 at least, especially with people making the switch to Classic.

Do you anticipate severe nerfs to this raid to stop the hemorrhaging of participation?

You can see the raid on LFR, Normal, and Heroic.
    Let the big boys have it.
    It's ok, just breathe. Sit back, relax your shoulders, and let the biggest of the boiz just have fun with it!

No shit it will be nerfed eventually every end of raid boss always is. Hell 65 neck level is already a strong passive nerf to the encounter that people are just now starting to hit which will lead to a flood of kills.

You could tell who made this thread without even opening it.

Blizzard has actively tried to kill off raiding with a lot of anti-organized raiding design decisions and they've pretty much succeeded.

The grind and preparation for raiding since Legion is insane, more than at any point in the game, more than in classic.

And you get RNG on top of your RNG with master loot removed.

It's really awful.

Only 11,000 guilds with kills of any boss on wowprogress, that's the lowest in the history of WoW. It's half of BDA, a third of Uldir. There were still 25,000 guilds raiding in Antorus and 27,000 in Tomb of Sargeras. 29,000 raiding in Hellfire Citadel in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Blizzard has actively tried to kill off raiding with a lot of anti-organized raiding design decisions and they've pretty much succeeded.

The grind and preparation for raiding since Legion is insane, more than at any point in the game, more than in classic.

And you get RNG on top of your RNG with master loot removed.

It's really awful.

Only 11,000 guilds with kills of any boss on wowprogress, that's the lowest in the history of WoW. It's half of BDA, a third of Uldir. There were still 25,000 guilds raiding in Antorus and 27,000 in Tomb of Sargeras. 29,000 raiding in Hellfire Citadel in WoD.
    Ehhh. Those numbers might be a bit skewed because they're measuring the entire length of the content patch while we're still at the beginning of Eternal Palace (relatively speaking).

I don't think Blizzard would care that much if mythic raidig died entirely. Much more profit to be had making store mounts and transmog content.

people are still going to get 6% more stamina and 3rd essences

honestly what this tier reminds me of more than ToS (brutally hard mechanics, but honestly not too awful dps-wise), is just pre-7.2.0 nighthold, the dps checks are just brutally higher than what even your average lower CE player can do. Most these fights are very mechanically light too besides the last 3. I think only top 500 guilds were even making the dps check for krosus before blizz buffed artifacts and welfared bis leggos.

And honestly with how tight some fights like orgo and court have been for my guild, I'm legitimately wondering how far we'll even get on zaqul the first few weeks we're on him. As I legitimately am not sure how much more gear we can actually get as we already are starting to feel really geared.
    Last edited by ryklin; 2019-08-13 at 06:57 AM.

Dont think the problem is its difficulty but rather the playerbase.

For years now every content including heroic raid is a rushtfiesta. Nearly every halfway decent 420+ Pug 1shots 7/8 Heroic just a few weeks into it.
    No communication, no big dps nor brain really needed.

Let alone all the gear flood+titanforgus from m+/normal and so on.

People all get treated like some demigods that roll over everything and now suddenly they should be willing to wipe for hours on a mythic boss? Nope they cba. So many people in this game like to sit in the comfort zone and just play the "casual" card on anything that requires more than 2button and rather play some activity/collection simulator.

So the amount of player who are interested in challenging content to take over the spots of people who quit the game because of various reason is way lower.

And for everything below mythic there isnt even a reason to have a guild because you can just pug it anytime without any communication or anything needed =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you fucking leave one thing for us to offer a challenge?

I'm in 2 evenings per week raiding guild and we're about to be on Zaqul next week. It's going pretty damn fast as is in my opinion and I'd be sad if we already would have ended our progression just because some lemmings who can't handle more than 4 keybinds want to be cuddled by Blizz in highest difficulty raid in the game.

I am completely fine if Azshara takes 3 or even 4 resets for us, because it is as it should be, otherwise we'd be bored off our minds half the patch refarming mythic we would otherwise oneshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Can you fucking leave one thing for us to offer a challenge?

I'm in 2 evenings per week raiding guild and we're about to be on Zaqul next week. It's going pretty damn fast as is in my opinion and I'd be sad if we already would have ended our progression just because some lemmings who can't handle more than 4 keybinds want to be cuddled by Blizz in highest difficulty raid in the game.

I am completely fine if Azshara takes 3 or even 4 resets for us, because it is as it should be, otherwise we'd be bored off our minds half the patch refarming mythic we would otherwise oneshot.
    You can expect nerfs to happen at some point. So better keep on playing while they are not applied. It's just a matter of time, historically speaking.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    You can expect nerfs to happen at some point. So better keep on playing while they are not applied. It's just a matter of time, historically speaking.
    And I will, nerfs will happen eventually, but we will get our Famed Slayers before that, it's where the real fun is. After that they can do whatever.

I just think the whole premise of the thread is retarded - ultimate challenge of the patch is difficult OOoOooOooOoooOoo, raid is couple weeks out and that ... poor misguided soul... who consistently trolls these forums just had to open this garbo thread.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The instance is just about to get ~5% nerf since people are beginning to get their 65 neck level. This is pretty important, since every boss past the first three is a significant dps check, especially when there's double dipping with adds, shield phases and so on. After that, they'll probably give us couple months and nerf Azshara (maybe Za'qul) directly - or just introduce something in 8.2.5 that makes them easier.

ToS was way harder, with Mistress (without the quickly nerfed DK cheese) being more difficult than 6/8 easily - and that's on top of Avatar and Kil'Jaeden. The crucible arrived much later than the 65 will, so the number of kills should increase much sooner. We'll see how it goes, it's far too early to claim it needs massive nerfs already.

Blizzard is releasing classic for bad players who refuse to learn any new mechanics, are stuck in the past and just want to afk their way through highest possible content. Go play that version instead.

Not sure why people are whining again.

Azshara is the only actual boss-boss in there, whether its Normal or HC, the rest of the bosses are close to irrelevant, ye Ashvane is alright in Mythic also but apart from that, eh.

This after applying itemlevels/raid quality for each obviously.

I think they kinda undertuned the whole place for whatever reason, while Azshara can get a bit annoying.

Plus, essence 3 is happening soon for the majority of those guilds and will change things drastically.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-08-13 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

Azshara is the only actual boss-boss in there, whether its Normal or HC, the rest of the bosses are close to irrelevant, ye Ashvane is alright in Mythic also but apart from that, eh.

I think they kinda undertuned the whole place for whatever reason, while Azshara can get a bit annoying.

Plus, essence 3 is happening soon for the majority of those guilds and will change things drastically.
    nobody is whining, just OP who only makes flamebait threads while probably not even having curve
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

??? Ashvane, Orgo, and Za'qul take their fair share of time to kill in Mythic, it's been several weeks and we still only have ~800 Ashvane kills. EP doesn't feel undertuned to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    ??? Ashvane, Orgo, and Za'qul take their fair share of time to kill in Mythic, it's been several weeks and we still only have ~800 Ashvane kills. EP doesn't feel undertuned to me at all.
    I guess i had to rephrase to mechanically wise, Ashvane/Orgo, go down after some gear levels or essence levels.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    1 month into Mythic. This is close to M ToS levels of participation and it could be a repeat of the ToS fiasco. The big guilds like Exorsus have only just defeated the encounter. It looks like we'll be in the palace till 2020 at least, especially with people making the switch to Classic.

Do you anticipate severe nerfs to this raid to stop the hemorrhaging of participation?
    Fiasco? Not at all. You've got gear upgrades, neck upgrades coming up ( 3rd minor slot at 65 which offers a ton of dps increase ) and i am fine with Azhara being the way she is till top 100 leaderbord is full.

P.S. Mythic raiders switching to full-time Classic, yeah right lulz

It is OK to not be able to clear everything on Mythic.
    Best rewards for best players is what the hardcore community asked for years.
    You have it, now stop crying.