Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    In case you thought the saga of Trump wanting to buy Greenland couldn't get dumber, it did: He's postponed a meeting with the prime minister of Denmark because they won't sell him Greenland.
    *Sigh* This is what people voted for.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    *Sigh* This is what people voted for.
    I'm not sure anyone has figured out why he wants to buy Greenland to begin with. The best guess I can think of is that he wants to brag about being the first President in decades to expand US territory.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I'm not sure anyone has figured out why he wants to buy Greenland to begin with. The best guess I can think of is that he wants to brag about being the first President in decades to expand US territory.
    I could sell him some land in Narnia...

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that’s his job. We voted in a president, who is a real state mogul. It’s why NK has beautiful beaches for condos. There is a longer post of me talking about it earlier... I think typing the same thing twice, is worse than saying it. That data might already exists for far longer than I will.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because Greenland leads to arctic dominance, if Greenland stays Greenland that territory is Greenlands, if it becomes part of the US then it becomes American. There is actual global power in owning that island

They might have more rights than for example Canada if they buy Greenland

Trump cancel his trip to Denmark. Reason: We refuse to sell Greenland

He was supposed to visit us in like 14 days, after his trip to Poland.

I really can't decide if this man is super boss, or if this is the most childish move in the history of politics.
    Also, there goes my plans of waveing a nice "Make Azeroth Great Again" banner on TV.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Hallelujah for our sweet lil' nation won't get tainted by his presence!

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the cost involved to letting a president visit, security and all that. Tax money is better spend on pretty much anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post

I really can't decide if this man is super boss, or if this is the most childish move in the history of politics.
    Also, there goes my plans of waveing a nice "Make Azeroth Great Again" banner on TV.
    ...What? How is this anything but childishness? Greenland was never going to be sold, and I doubt they really lose anything from Trump not visiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I legit had to look this up to see if it was a real thing and not from the Onion.

It seems like it's actually real.

I still hold out some hope that it's not though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Constantly gaslighting your allies with "just kidding" is not a sustainable foreign policy.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Because Greenland leads to arctic dominance, if Greenland stays Greenland that territory is Greenlands, if it becomes part of the US then it becomes American. There is actual global power in owning that island

They might have more rights than for example Canada if they buy Greenland
    You are giving Trump way too much credit if you think he has any sort of plan in mind. I'm still convinced the likely explanation is he wants to brag about expanding US territory.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Copy/pasting from the former US Ambassador to Denmark

Just so we’re clear:
    He ASKED for an invitation from the Queen.
    She invited him for a State visit as good friends and allies do.
    He accepted.
    They have been planning and expecting him for weeks and I have many friends who have been working night and day on what was to be the first official State visit by an American President since Clinton.
    After details of his completely absurd vanity project to purchase Greenland leak, the Danes and Greenlanders understandably dismiss it.
    He declares the visit contingent on the great friend selling part of its territory to him.
    He snubs the Queen and the entire Kingdom.
    He is a child.
    I am so sorry Denmark. I am so sorry Greenland

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Copy/pasting from the former US Ambassador to Denmark
    Child and Chief indeed.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Considering the cost involved to letting a president visit, security and all that. Tax money is better spend on pretty much anything else.
    And it's not just money. The Bush visit meant a helicopter passing overhead every 15-30 minutes for three days (we lived near the main road to the airport).
    Our toddler did not sleep much in those days and consequently, neither did we.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    From the sounds of things, Denmark already had started to set up the security for the visit, so they're still going to be in the hole for whatever they've already spent on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post

I'm buying and more and more into this whole Russia bullshit. Its the only logical conclusion i can reach after asking myself why the fuck Trump and Boris Johnson are both heads of extremely powerful nuclear countries.

In the past, idiot leaders at least appeared articulate, such as David Cameron, Tony Blair, Obama, Bill Clinton and so on.

Now, they're not even hiding the fact that they're stupid. Neither can even string together a sentence without making a grammatical error the likes of which 6 years catch and self correct themselves on.

Snowflake toddler in chief everyone! Hope his cultists are proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    Snowflake toddler in chief everyone! Hope his cultists are proud.
    You know that they are. They are propably laughing at Denmark with "their loss" and "owned" comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    I legit had to look this up to see if it was a real thing and not from the Onion.

It seems like it's actually real.

I still hold out some hope that it's not though?
    Nope. 100% absolutely real. Trump thought he could buy Greenland, and now is throwing a fucking temper tantrum like a 4 year old after someone told him he couldn't have a fucking cookie.