Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong on this. Skilled PvP'er finds ways to utilize every single spell and skill he has and that makes a huge difference. I dare you to roll on Classic and duel some of the better players. You'll find out how little gear actually means against a well geared bad player.
    Leeway is insane on live classic so skill is devalued one of the sole reason, I don't really want to play.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    That's because blizzard refuses to add one in-game. Also threat is immersive and adds realism. Aggro effects your rotation which is refreshing when done right rather than doing the something over and over again. It adds variables. Which is one of things I like about mythic affixes like explosive. If you're capped on a boss than focus the adds and vice versa.
    Agro doesnt affect the rotation at all and has nothing to do with immersion and realism, if you want realism the boss should target other players regardless of threat, just because you might have to stop dpsn for a few secs doesnt change the rotation at all. If you wanted immersion and realism then regardless of threat the enemy will attack anyone more dangerous to them than the tank, but its a game and there are limitations but threat is still pointless and retracts from actual gameplay itself.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong on this. Skilled PvP'er finds ways to utilize every single spell and skill he has and that makes a huge difference. I dare you to roll on Classic and duel some of the better players. You'll find out how little gear actually means against a well geared bad player.
    I have a High Warlord rogue that says otherwise, just because its PvP it doesnt change what skills your gonna use to dmg, your just gonna use those CC/escape skills more often, as a melee char having a strong weapon can make all the difference, class and gear matter way more than skill. Skill is a much less essential in vanilla/classic as it is currently.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-08-21 at 10:10 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Agro doesnt affect the rotation at all and has nothing to do with immersion and realism, if you want realism the boss should target other players regardless of threat, just because you might have to stop dpsn for a few secs doesnt change the rotation at all. If you wanted immersion and realism then regardless of threat the enemy will attack anyone more dangerous to them than the tank, but its a game and there are limitations but threat is still pointless and retracts from actual gameplay itself.

I have a High Warlord rogue that says otherwise, just because its PvP it doesnt change what skills your gonna use to dmg, your just gonna use those CC/escape skills more often, as a melee char having a strong weapon can make all the difference, class and gear matter way more than skill. Skill is a much less essential in vanilla/classic as it is currently.
    I've always thought tanks should have the highest dps or burst damage but it's not my game. It doesn't require you to stop doing damage at all that blizzard implementation. If there are adds or other objectives it encourages switching to them or working as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I completely agree I loved the set rotations, I miss Blood DPS DK so bad I had this shit down to a T. I also loved the good Ol 1 button BM hunter Macro in BC, just plain old fun.
    Totally Blood DPS back in Wrath was hands down by most favorite spec and rotation number one and all history of world of Warcraft.

and a big reason was because of the perfect set rotation click one spell one after another rinse and repeat That's the way it should be.

they totally destroyed the game in cataclysm with this stupid priority system and proc and jumping around to different spells and jump to that spell that's fucking stupid. A rotation should be 1 2 3 4 rinse and repeat.

They need to go back to that next expansion.

And macros are bad as well they need to be banned and deleteed from the game. Your rotation should just be clicking ila few spells in a row rinse and repeat and that's it. Keep it simple stupid.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2019-08-21 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even Classic doesn't have straightforward rotations for every class.
    Hunters actively change their rotations based on weapon speed, warlocks change their rotation based upon snapshotting Corruption for the best DPET, warriors gradually change a lot of their rotation based on how much gear they get and the rage generation through that.

Though I will say that mages are equally as boring throughout the entire game, so you have that I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always thought tanks should have the highest dps or burst damage but it's not my game. It doesn't require you to stop doing damage at all that blizzard implementation. If there are adds or other objectives it encourages switching to them or working as a team.
    Why would anyone play any non-tank damage class if they do less damage and aren't nearly as durable?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

in raids theres gonna be 40 players so melee can usually just stick to boss as it would mainly be melee that would even be close on threat, so since rotations are not exciting anyway they can just sit auto attacking until threat isnt so high, but tanks should be getting gear first anyway so threat should only be an issue for the 1-2 classes that were just too good in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah great idea, let's make it so tanks are also the best DPS, and thus render actual DPS completely irrelevant. Let's delete all DPS and make it so there's only tanks and healers!

/sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Why would anyone play any non-tank damage class if they do less damage and aren't nearly as durable?
    I don't think he thought that far, he just wants his role to be supremely overpowered.

Fun fact, we actually had a situation like that back in Cata with the Vengeance mechanic that increased AP from damage taken.
    You'd have Blood DK's hit you with a 150k death strike when you had a 134k health pool as an arena geared warrior. GREAT times surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Yeah great idea, let's make it so tanks are also the best DPS, and thus render actual DPS completely irrelevant. Let's delete all DPS and make it so there's only tanks and healers!

/sarcasm
    I said most burst damage not the highest dps... Also make cc an interrupt generate massive threats. You can hit like a truck but that is not the only factor in dpsing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I don't think he thought that far, he just wants his role to be supremely overpowered.

Fun fact, we actually had a situation like that back in Cata with the Vengeance mechanic that increased AP from damage taken.
    You'd have Blood DK's hit you with a 150k death strike when you had a 134k health pool as an arena geared warrior. GREAT times surely.
    It's almost like blizzard separates pvp and pve with a system that they can change and not effect the other... Hmmmm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    in raids theres gonna be 40 players so melee can usually just stick to boss as it would mainly be melee that would even be close on threat, so since rotations are not exciting anyway they can just sit auto attacking until threat isnt so high, but tanks should be getting gear first anyway so threat should only be an issue for the 1-2 classes that were just too good in vanilla.
    They could but if threat matters and encounters are designed with it in mind. They won't have to stop doing damage which was my point. Capped players can do objectives and help manage adds or even off-tank.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-08-21 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    One of my most missed things and worst changes Blizzard ever did in the history of the company was I think in Cataclysm they changed away from the awesome perfect strict rotation of one spell after another and went to this idiotic insanely stupid priority set up we currently have of hit this bell then jump around to another spell then click another spell and then click that spell.

Best thing ever is a straightforward rotation, one spell after another. And then rinse and repeat over again.

Isn't that the way it used to be? And is classic back to that way?
    Am I the only one who noticed the OP is a clicker????? :thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    My bad I said highest dps and damage, I mean highest burst damage. I also don't play a tank. That was my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post
    I don't know about DKs (and set rotations in general). My memory was macroing the entire rotation onto a single target and an aoe pair of buttons then just spamming them while watching stuff on my other monitor and topping the charts.

That's... not really a good thing and you can see why Blizzard tried to move towards procs to avoid people like me doing exactly that.
    It worked out with DK's in wrath, because every rune ability did similar DPS/runecost and there were no debuff interaction you had to follow - you could basicly just spend your runes/runicpower in any order while doing 85%-90% optimal DPS.

Thats why BfA's "easy" debuffless, spamfriendly specs with free cleave are so popular - DH/Outlaw/BM. No ramp-up, no impactful target interaction, just plain and simple press what ever is ready in any order to reach 85%-90% DPS.

Some classes/specs evolved and some got dumbed down.

Check out ANY popularity chart to see what the community wants - SPOILERS: yes, its the dumbed down specs.
    -

The rotation are more than two buttons there is down ranking and wanding. Mop had the best rotations in my opinion though. I just kind of hope they do something with wanding one day...
    Wands will never be relevant outside of harry potter
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Wands will never be relevant outside of harry potter
    I said hope. They just sit there man.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like blizzard separates pvp and pve with a system that they can change and not effect the other... Hmmmm.
    That wouldn't matter as you'd have no other specs played besides tanks and healers, but I'm sure that's all a part of your vision.
    I'm glad that you aren't one of the designers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    That wouldn't matter as you'd have no other specs played besides tanks and healers, but I'm sure that's all a part of your vision.
    I'm glad that you aren't one of the designers.
    Nah I play a mage, hunter, and rogue but ok. I also meant highest burst not highest dps. That was my bad. Also food for thought maybe the tank stop the boss from reaching the healer lore wise top kek... Like he is not just gonna let him bitch smack the person keeping him alive.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-08-21 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

That's your rotation for many specs. Some have one button more, some could theoretically spam the same ability all fight long.
    Melee swing timer would like to have a word with you. It never fails to amaze me how people see Vanilla skills as simple and easy. When it's modern WoW that has the whack-a-mole style of play... tap this until this lights up... then whack it.

Having resubbed to claim my names.. I played some BfA... OMG... my mage can face tank every normal and rare mob... spam fireball and hit anything that procs. My mana NEVER dips below 90%

Complete easy mode. In Classic I need to watch what I pull, drink often, and if I pull a rare.. I better be ready to actually play my character.

Threat, mana management, wanding... all added to the simpler "rotation" to create a complex playstyle. Now you just rush in... faceroll the buttons and almost never worry about dying.

I said hope. They just sit there man.
    I agree with you to a lesser degree, personally i'm more towards actually using your staves/daggers in spell animations but wands will never be utilized or even acknowledged tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

They could but if threat matters and encounters are designed with it in mind. They won't have to stop doing damage which was my point. Capped players can do objectives and help manage adds or even off-tank.
    most fights dont have anything other than avoid certain mechanics and focus boss, threat is going to be irrelevant for any half decent guild anyway, all it does is slow things down a little and when things take so much longer in classic it just makes things even much of a chore and not fun.