Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    One of the most vivid memories I have from vanilla is me and a couple of my guildmates hearing about the GearScore addon for the first time and laughing at the absurdity of it. Mind you we were a raiding guild so it's not like we didn't care about the quality of players, but it was such a foreign concept to be able to judge people based on gear. However our server quickly devolved into "LF1M GS 10k+ required!" and anyone who grouped with randoms had to install the addon. Anyone who claims that this LFG addon wouldn't disrupt play and that "you can just not use it" is delusional beyond belief.

And if you think that now Discord becomes "required" then you're the very crowd that made retail unbearable.
    You may now kiss the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I hope they don’t break anything else when they break this. Especially not RP add ons.
    thats why it will take them weeks if not months

all this shitshow and waste of resources that could be put into making TBC because they listen to whiny streamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    I am glad you aren't as well
    Who asked you?

Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    One of the most vivid memories I have from vanilla is me and a couple of my guildmates hearing about the GearScore addon for the first time and laughing at the absurdity of it. Mind you we were a raiding guild so it's not like we didn't care about the quality of players, but it was such a foreign concept to be able to judge people based on gear. However our server quickly devolved into "LF1M GS 10k+ required!" and anyone who grouped with randoms had to install the addon. Anyone who claims that this LFG addon wouldn't disrupt play and that "you can just not use it" is delusional beyond belief.

And if you think that now Discord becomes "required" then you're the very crowd that made retail unbearable.
    is is indeed a shame that we cannot use gearscore in classic

same like some sort of raider.io

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You do know he has been talking to Blizzard, correct? You do know that Blizzard is only going to break any parts of the addon they do not like, such as auto invite? you do know he has already been told by Blizzard that it will still provide the same functionality as it has now?
    I suggest reading what you're referring to before spouting more nonsense. He (the addon author) has no idea what functionality will still be available, he's just guessing at this point since blizzard hasn't provided the information on the exact API changes they're making. Again, naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    Who asked you?
    I guess the same person who asked you if anyone cares if you're playing or not?

I suggest reading what you're referring to before spouting more nonsense. He (the addon author) has no idea what functionality will still be available, he's just guessing at this point since blizzard hasn't provided the information on the exact API changes they're making. Again, naive.

Enjoy downloading and using the addon. lololol

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    This type of comment is one of the reason retail has been getting worst non-stop for 10 years. Its an MMORPG, how everyone plays affect everyone else.
    Couldn't agree more.
    When there is a paragdim in design or something that affects the whole community/interaction in the community and some fucktard says "just don't do it/don't use it", I really get the itch to punch their face for being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

At this point I honestly can't decide if you're really this stupid or just a troll.
    You may now kiss the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

Screw gearscore. That piece of shit addon would bring Classic servers to their knees. Server lagging pos addon.

Enjoy downloading and using the addon. lololol
    Yeah, thought so

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    So they're really going to disallow addons from parsing text? Well congratulations you just destroyed the game.
    1) We don't know how they are going to do their restriction.
    2) If "playing WoW" is destroyed by "add-on can't read text", then you really have a weird way of playing WoW. And you should probably be back to retail, because it's obvious Classic doesn't interest you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    This line gets repeated, but I played back then. I have no clue what people are referring to as "server community". To me its just a meaningless buzzword.
    That's probably the reason the whole discussion fly above your head and the whole reason people tell you Classic isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    2) If "playing WoW" is destroyed by "add-on can't read text", then you really have a weird way of playing WoW. And you should probably be back to retail, because it's obvious Classic doesn't interest you.
    Blizzard is not going to prevent addons from reading text. It would affect hundreds of addons.

Oh, and as far no QoL changes, there are lots already in Classic that were not in Vanilla:

1. Item Comparison

2. Being able to change the order of the characters on the character select screen.

3. Auto Loot (w/o shift)

4. Turning addons on/off without exiting the game

5. Suggest Invite

6. Request Flight Path Stop

7. Unlockable Character Portraits

8. Mailing multiple items

9. Loot Trading in raids

10. See through menus

11. CDs shown on timers

12. In game voice chat

I could go on and on, but you get the point: Classic already has lots of QoL improvements in it that were not there in Vanilla.

*copied from my earlier edited post.

- - - Updated - - -

But you know, nubs dunno that addon authors/teams actually communicate with Blizzard to make sure an addon is in compliance.
    Also new macros and keybinding.
    This, but people still keep pushing the idea that classic will be a "vanilla experience". No, it won't
    And if anything, if blizz could or menaged to do in time, we would have majority of these QoL back in real vanilla, esp LFG panel and modern quest tracker.

Blizzard is not going to prevent addons from reading text. It would affect hundreds of addons.
    That's probably under the 1) of the post you quote

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Good we are on the same page.
    Not really. I tell you why i think they are idiots. Addons could have brought the convenience to classic people are used to as an option. Most players are hypocrites, talking about other things than they really want. A good developer knows that.

"I really miss the social experience in modern wow".. while they play solo in modern wow just based on their choice.
    "I think dungeon finder destroyed the game".. while they use it every day, as all statistics show.

One of the big mistakes the classic-reboot-devs do is to remove all glitches from the past and to make their systems perfect. One of the big things about classic was that the systems werent perfect.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-08-24 at 08:21 AM.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    1)And you should probably be back to retail, because it's obvious Classic doesn't interest you.
    Obvious.
    Certainly not some general ideas of some slow-paced chilled out gameplay, RPG elements and server communites rather what attracts people to classic are technical limitations and hindrances of the time.
    Obviously.

Does Blizzard ban people for using these addons?

Or just try to make them unusable?
    As long as "say" is allowed, it is hard to make them unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    At this point I honestly can't decide if you're really this stupid or just a troll.
    very serious . i value my time .

i value it very seriously .

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Does Blizzard ban people for using these addons?

Or just try to make them unusable?
    As long as talk is allowed, it is hard to make them unusable.
    No, you don't get banned for an addon. Blizzard is going to break any parts of the addon they do not like, but leave the functionality of it intact, according to the addon author.

i feel kinda bad for you, if you can't move forward... it'll be a shame if all they remove is what he was going to remove anyway "auto invite"

what will you do next, boycott blizzard, threaten and harass people, put on your big boy pants and keep demanding they remove more functionality.
    no he doesn't know exactly what will be removed, but he has reason to believe he knows what it is, probably from said discussions

"we don't like the fact that your add-on can auto invite members, but we're not sure exactly how we're going to limit the API for this reason" < This is an example i want to clarify this before you claim that i'm claiming i know what blizzard spoke to him about

so no he might not know exactly what API functions will be limited yet, but he might have general insight into what parts of the add-on blizzard is taking issue with. you seem more naive, thinking that blizzard is outright against banning this add-on and all it's functionality they were very specific in their post about potential misuses of said add-on's they wanted to avoid and you're gonna be sorely disappointed when / if it still retains 95% of it's functionality.