Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I can tell you're very young - because apparently you don't have a grasp on what "Hype" vs "Reality" is.

I can also tell you're very young because your quoting Youtube and Twitch viewer "numbers"... Youtube, where today's forum shitpost becomes tomorrows 10+ minute "Breaking News Leak!!" video by thousands of players trying to scrape for youtube bucks. >_<
    I can tell you're young because you watch cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    So... literally no then. Because type one in your diagnosis is not a long term player...
    You forgot to delete the rest of what I wrote past the first sentence, which explains my claim and rebukes yours.

True, I love statistics with no statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by hodgepodge611 View Post
    I can tell you're young because you watch cartoons.
    ...what's with all these the burner MMO-Champ accounts defending Classic all of a sudden??? o_O Did that many jackasses get banned via defending Classic??

Is Classic really worth creating burner accounts to try to troll people with? really?? Really!??

[QUOTE=mvaliz;51543539]...what's with all these the burner MMO-Champ accounts defending Classic all of a sudden??? o_O Did that many jackasses get banned via defending Classic??

Is Classic really worth creating burner accounts to try to troll people with? really?? Really!??[/QUOTE

I can't even stomach the idea of classic... and this is from someone that adored EQ2 for their "classic servers" (EQ2 is like that game where they add more and more stuff with each expansion but it just gets more and more convoluted...).

But classic...
    A) I played it out before
    B) I played A LOT of it before
    C) I'm super curious as to the number of 'cat is fite' druids that will be around, seeing as how Druid is completely useless in cat in classic xD

Morrowind is the 7th expansion of the base Destiny game???? o_O

Dude, you're like the fifth person here claiming Classic is a completely different game than Retail... Dafuq!? o_O

You damn well know that for most people on this forum, the whole REASON they want Classic is because they seem to believe it's "Warcraft done RIGHT" Whereas Retail is "done wrong".

EDIT: Nevermind answering me - your 8th time posting = most likely a burner account due to Trolling. My bad...
    Nope, just decided to sign up. At least I'm not here for 9 years and making a fool out of myself or something.

Destiny was a bad example, let me use Skyrim.

But my point is that they're games made about a decade apart, are going for different things, but have similarities. Morrowind is much slower with an emphasis on atmosphere and stats. Skyrim cut a lot of RPG elements out from the previous games, isn't as based on stats and atmosphere, and is more about replayability.

They're both fantastic games appealing to different demographics. In that regard, yes Classic and Retail are different games. Very few of the systems and social norms that were relevant in classic (even going up to MOP) are present in the game today.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I truly hope that Classic is popular enough for Blizzard to say "hey, we need to look at what people like about that and introduce some of those design philosophies to 9.0(or whatever).
    Last edited by Madkat124; 2019-08-28 at 02:26 PM.

[QUOTE=mvaliz;51543539]...what's with all these the burner MMO-Champ accounts defending Classic all of a sudden??? o_O Did that many jackasses get banned via defending Classic??

Is Classic really worth creating burner accounts to try to troll people with? really?? Really!??[/QUOTE

I can't even stomach the idea of classic... and this is from someone that adored EQ2 for their "classic servers" (EQ2 is like that game where they add more and more stuff with each expansion but it just gets more and more convoluted...).

But classic...
    C) I'm super curious as to the number of 'cat is fite' druids that will be around, seeing as how Druid is completely useless in cat in classic xD

Classic for me does the opposite.. it makes things more convoluted than they are today, for the aforementioned things they added as QoL things that people 'hate' now. Although, I guess PvP on frozen lakes is kinda fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Marfrilau View Post
    More like watching a 2 hour movie you already have seen many times 15 years ago and then quitting after 5 min because you realize that it really wasn't as good as you remember.
    Ladyhawke /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Madkat124 View Post
    Destiny was a bad example, let me use Skyrim.
    Double EDIT: Misread your post. Will re-edit with proper response. >_<

Yup - and your Morrowind/Skyrim comparison fits as well because the SAME EXACT debate is going on in the ES community!

Why are you pretending that the fans of ES "appreciate both games separately"?

Same types of players as well. Type 1 and type 2. People who played Morrowind are complaining that Skyrim isn't "real ES" and want a return to the slow-ass numbers mechanic style, and Skyrim fans enjoy the other mechanic.

The sad reality is the type of player you're describing that somehow recognizes and appreciate both as separate games is a casual gamer. These are fan forums - filled with fans, usually hardcore fans. The same arguments happen here as they do with ES.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2019-08-28 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Taking a while to level? It means you get to discover more places. In BfA you go skip most content and then you complain theres nothing to do.
    This is the opposite of my experience (and practical reality). In vanilla I constantly outleveled zones and had to either do gray quests or move on. In live I finish zones completely and it's always level appropriate - I don't ever skip anything and there's plenty to do.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I truly hope that Classic is popular enough for Blizzard to say "hey, we need to look at what people like about that and introduce some of those design philosophies to 9.0(or whatever).
    *coughCataclysmcough*

Seriously, those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it. Do we REALLY want to repeat the same mistakes the Catafailure team did?

[QUOTE=kiramon;51543556]
    ...what's with all these the burner MMO-Champ accounts defending Classic all of a sudden??? o_O Did that many jackasses get banned via defending Classic??

But classic...

Classic for me does the opposite.. it makes things more convoluted than they are today, for the aforementioned things they added as QoL things that people 'hate' now. Although, I guess PvP on frozen lakes is kinda fun...
    Personally, I just wanted to get in on these spicy discussions. That said, I think it's important for people to also talk about what they don't like about classic. Ideally 9.0 will take a lot of what people like about classic and retail and get the game in a better place over all.

Classic sucks
    Retail kinda sucks

What I want is some halfway point taking features/design philosophies from BC, WoTLK, and MOP.

I love how there are still BFA apologists that are trying to say the biggest WoW launch event in HISTORY was somehow bad for the game. Literally every server is full at peak hours and they've released 20+ extra servers since launch. Classic has outperformed expectations and people are still trying to claim it's a failure or going to be one. Stick around and see

Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    Classic sucks
    Retail kinda sucks

What I want is some halfway point taking features/design philosophies from BC, WoTLK, and MOP.
    I've always argued that MoP was the closest World of Warcraft ever got to being a real MMORPG. There was SOOOO many options for how you wanted to play the game besides standard raiding/dungeons.

But sadly, most people won't see that expansion for what a gem it truly offered us because "lolpandas". >_<

But my point is that they're games made about a decade apart, are going for different things, but have similarities. Morrowind is much slower with an emphasis on atmosphere and stats. Skyrim cut a lot of RPG elements out from the previous games, isn't as based on stats and atmosphere, and is more about replayability.
    I played both, loved both, but don't remember any "cut RPG elements"... mind you, I'm old so maybe I'm forgetting, but they feel plenty similar in my mind.

I really hope not. I'm happy for people who love Classic (for nostalgia or otherwise) as they now have access to something they enjoy more now, but I would hate to see the live game move backwards. The majority of things people in Classic chat were praising (in the 8 or so hours I was online) were things that are already available in live (by turning off default quest hints, etc.) or just plain done better in live (like general exploration and things to do other than mob tagging).

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    I expect threads about "not being real classic" soon, for people to justify why they do not have fun in classics reboot, and either quit or return to retail.
    You're way late to the party. There's been such threads ever since it was announced and the first datamining happened.

This is why they are making two versions of the game now, one thats a real mmorpg and one that caters to people who prefer convenience/collecting in their video games.

Win/win for blizz.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2019-08-28 at 02:45 PM.

*coughCataclysmcough*

Seriously, those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it. Do we REALLY want to repeat the same mistakes the Catafailure team did?
    In my opinion, everything wrong with WoW post Cata is Blizzard's bizarre tendency to overreact to everything.

Everyone liked seeing the Lich King pop up from time to time in WOTLK. What does Blizzard do? Make most of the next expansion focus on one character and make lore characters have more of a spotlight (which I feel takes away from the feeling of the world and the Player's place in it)

People complain talent choice is irrelevant. Instead of making talent choices more meaningful or gameplay changing, they turn it in to the weird tier system we have now. (It's not terrible, but I think it's far too boring and unrewarding).

People wanted to level faster. Leveling is a super irrelevant part of the game.

People like Mythic + dungeons. Design all dungeons with Mythic Plus in mind.

People like the Timeless isle. Play the patch with ridiculous catch up mechanics became more apparent with design philosophy.

I remember history plenty. At least enough to know that the problem WoW is facing truly isn't as simple as "Classic vs Retail". The dev team needs to figure out what people want, how to cater to that, and if they want the game to be more adventurous and RPG driven, or more excel spreadsheet based.

I've always argued that MoP was the closest World of Warcraft ever got to being a real MMORPG. There was SOOOO many options for how you wanted to play the game besides standard raiding/dungeons.

But sadly, most people won't see that expansion for what a gem it truly offered us because "lolpandas". >_<
    MoP was hella underrated gameplay wise. You're right that a lot of people were turned off of it because of the pandas, but it was quite good. The story wasn't bad either, it just didn't feel that Warcraft-y.