Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I'll agree on optimization, 30k dps overall for a 10k should 3 chest if mechanics are followed effiiciently. The DPS should be higher then that if you are chain pulling with AoE producing number at 38-45k dps

DPS and downtime are both a factor for a timed M+10.

Just as example Kings Rest. You can time it with 10+2 with just 3x20k DPS if you chainpul, without skipping nonsense - lets talk 10 seconds about shroud/invis, lets wait for a pulltimer (3-7s), lets wait 5-10s after the skip to see if someone failed, optionally rez the people with failed skip +5/+5/+5 - just, JUST, JUST to skip a 10 second cleave pack. BUT WHY GO ABOVE 100% TRASH, WHEN YOU CAN WASTE 1-2 MINUTES EXTRA OR MORE FOR NOTHING IN A TIME BASED RUN.

Honestly, some timed M+10 dungeons would be 100 times easier for the average PUG if they did not try to copy&paste M+20 guides with tripple rogue and 500x practice runs.
    -

Did a 15wm this morning on time with 3 dps barely above 30k (33k,32k,31k). Tank damage was good, almost 20k. We had a few deaths, and used invis pot to run downstairs and then to skip to the last boss. Don't need that much dps to time decent keys, all depends on how good the route and tanking is, and how fast you deal with the smallest packs and emissaries. If yoy are decently geared you can deal with void emissaries on a go on 2 casts. That's something most people i pug with don't try, they'll hide every cast. Do that on 3 or 4 of them per dungeon and you already lost over a minute just on that.
    Last edited by piitxu; 2019-08-24 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Details and Recount are the choice for the vast majority. Warcraftlogs is very niche compared to the other options.
    The only difference between details and warcraftlogs is WCL removes padding during boss fights. Like multidotting to adds on BoD conclave who heal when a boss dies.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    But tbh you should have pulled 30-35k s2 with 415 gear, so in the 430 gear level with good skill level and normal decent size pulls in a 10 you can aim for the 35-40k overall on dungeons like FH where you can do big pulls.
    Please explain how the fuck I can do that as an afflock at +10?!

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Please explain how the fuck I can do that as an afflock at +10?!
    The one holy grail week where it's Fortified and bolstering, and you have a terrible group that doesn't bring down the adds evenly, so that at the end you have one add with like 80% hp still, but it's so bolstered it has 5M hp left so you can pop CDs and pretend its a boss.

The TL;DR for Affliction though is do mediocre trash damage then be 50% of group DPS on bosses.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    The one holy grail week where it's Fortified and bolstering, and you have a terrible group that doesn't bring down the adds evenly, so that at the end you have one add with like 80% hp still, but it's so bolstered it has 5M hp left so you can pop CDs and pretend its a boss.

The TL;DR for Affliction though is do mediocre trash damage then be 50% of group DPS on bosses.
    I can easily peak at 80k on bosses, and it works exactly like you say - great st boss damage and lol on trash - but telling me i should be 40k overall... lol

We're not all rogues and demon hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    I can easily peak at 80k on bosses, and it works exactly like you say - great st boss damage and lol on trash - but telling me i should be 40k overall... lol

We're not all rogues and demon hunters.
    You can thank the MDI for the unrealistic community expectations of DPS in dungeons.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

15+ Year Old Account
    i do 30k dps on my mage but no1 will invite me to a 10+ =( feelsbadman