Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol! Really going out on a limb. I think you are a safe winner. But it is possible the Democrats will impeach ( strictly for political reasons ), but it will never be approved by the Senate.
    I don't think they have enough Democrats for it to pass the house, I doubt all of them would vote for it which is why they haven't tried it yet.

Trump impeachment effort once again rejected in House

The House voted to table Rep. Al Green’s article of impeachment 332 to 95, the third time his effort has gone down in defeat.

Looks like most Democrats are smart enough to know this is a stupid idea. Unless some smoking gun comes to light, it's not going to happen.

The only reason why some house members wouldn't vote to impeach is because they know the Senate (for now) wouldn't put it through. Also some members would rather just let Trump continue damaging himself and the GOP until election day so dems win even more seats. I don't agree with this tactic, but here we are.

But don't kid yourself, many republicans in congress know Trump shouldn't be president. They would impeach him if they weren't worried about it harming their own careers. It's just as disgusting as why some dems won't do it.

How about some honesty, though? Trump has already done dozens of different things that a republican congress would have impeached a president Hillary over. There's zero doubt of this. You give a president Hillary just a few of Trump scandals and fuck ups and we would have had a president Tim Kaine over a year ago.

This truth is why it's impossible to take Trump supporters seriously. We all know for an absolute fact that they'd be calling for Hillary's head if she had done/said just some of what Trump has.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2019-08-28 at 02:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I don't think they have enough Democrats for it to pass the house, I doubt all of them would vote for it which is why they haven't tried it yet.

The House voted to table Rep. Al Green’s article of impeachment 332 to 95, the third time his effort has gone down in defeat.

Looks like most Democrats are smart enough to know this is a stupid idea. Unless some smoking gun comes to light, it's not going to happen.
    Most democrats voted against it because Congressman Nadler is still going through discovery and getting as much testimony as he can before he recommends the rest of the house to vote on the evidence for impeachment.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    The only reason why some house members wouldn't vote to impeach is because they know the Senate (for now) wouldn't put it through. Also some members would rather just let Trump continue damaging himself and the GOP until election day so dems win even more seats. I don't agree with this tactic, but here we are.

But don't kid yourself, many republicans in congress know Trump shouldn't be president. They would impeach him if they weren't worried about it harming their own careers. It's just as disgusting as why some dems won't do it.

How about some honesty, though? Trump has already done dozens of different things that a republican congress would have impeached a president Hillary over. There's zero doubt of this. You give a president Hillary just a few of Trump scandals and fuck ups and we would have had a president Tim Kaine over a year ago.

This truth is why it's impossible to take Trump supporters seriously. We all know for an absolute fact that they'd be calling for Hillary's head if she had done/said just some of what Trump has.
    I'm going to answer this with another poster's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Most of us who want to see impeachment proceedings know it's gonna fail in the Senate. We're not suggesting the Democrats in the House spend any real political capital to get it through. Just punch it through the House, make the Senate vote on it, and get every representative's vote on the public record on the matter.

It's that last bit that we're hoping to get out of all this, not an actual removal of Trump from the role of POTUS.
    Last edited by zenkai; 2019-08-28 at 02:16 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    As I said on that thread, let's wait for more evidence. One guy tweeting is alarming, but we don't have proof yet. Deutsche Bank does, and they're complying with subpoenas. If this is true, we'll know about it soon enough.
    Agreed - we need to see the proof. Trump pushing hard and fast to prevent anyone from seeing those documents is another indicator, however, but we can't know until we see. Hopefully soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea why are you are referring to some smoking gun. Trump is already objectively breaking at least two laws, each of which easily qualify for impeachment. That does not include his daily dose of objective lies. Just because you don't understand the Impeachment process nor the political issues surround the dems decisions to move forward or not, doesn't mean you have to spew your bs.

Lol! Really going out on a limb. I think you are a safe winner. But it is possible the Democrats will impeach ( strictly for political reasons ), but it will never be approved by the Senate.
    lol, impeaching a criminal for selling out the country to Russians is political, but stopping that impeachment because that guy has an R by his name isn't.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

It continues to be amazing how impeachment is appropriate for lying about a blowjob, but not for a criminal president that's compromised by a hostile foreign power. Republicans are betraying this country every single day by letting this continue.

Maybe enough of them will grow a spine after recent news regarding Trump's finances/taxes/loans.

As soon as Trump loses the protection of the office him and his family are going to be taken down from multiple directions. There's an incredibly high chance that they all spend the rest of their lives in prison.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How about face charges when he leaves office?
    Lol exactly. Trump won't be kicked out by the full impeachment process. The Senate likely will never have the votes. However, Articles will more than likely be drawn up by the Dems, voted upon, and passed. But I'm sure Little Zenny wouldn't count that as "impeachment" in his adorable little bet (a bet he knows he can't lose).

But face charges after office? Hell yes. He and his family will spend the rest of their lives in court defending their slew of illegal acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How about face charges when he leaves office?
    100:1 odds that he wont

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He and his family will spend the rest of their lives in court defending their slew of illegal acts.
    New York State is out for blood. Trump's lawyers have a stay of execution before their minty-fresh new law lets them hand the documents directly to Congress, who quite frankly, should have had them anyhow. Plus, there are other NYState suits involving everything from his sham charity to Cohen.

Or, you know, if Deutsche Bank hands them over first, I won't complain.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    New York State is out for blood. Trump's lawyers have a stay of execution before their minty-fresh new law lets them hand the documents directly to Congress, who quite frankly, should have had them anyhow. Plus, there are other NYState suits involving everything from his sham charity to Cohen.

Or, you know, if Deutsche Bank hands them over first, I won't complain.
    Duck and dive, duck and dive. It's all he has now - trying to sue his way out of all his illegal activities. I mean, that stay is based on deciding which judge should hear the suit - NY or DC. Delay and delay.

The oligarchy co-signers seem like something worth preventing anyone from ever seeing at any cost. Plus, his true wealth.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you handle the fact that he's already facing charges right now? Does that in any way affect the reality you've created?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, that stay is based on deciding which judge should hear the suit - NY or DC. Delay and delay.
    "Delay and delay" is going to be a riskier and riskier topics as his odds of re-election get worse. But that's another thread.

I'm no expert, but for this to be a federal court issue, Trump somehow has to find the part of the Constitution which prevents a state government from handing over to the federal government when the federal government asks nicely. Because I can promise you there's nothing in NYState law specifically which says "oh shit, you're right, nevermind".

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ll take that bet!

- - - Updated - - -

How do you handle the fact that he's already facing charges right now? Does that in any way affect the reality you've created?
    Take the bet! He will give you a 100 for every dollar you bet. I’m taking it!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Sounds like Pelosi...because that's all we get from her is delay and delay...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I’ll take that bet!

- - - Updated - - -

Take the bet! He will give you a 100 for every dollar you bet. I’m taking it!
    The older Trump gets the more likely he'll die before reaching court.
    However, I'm sure NY really wants first dibs on him. It's like they've received a mission from the gods or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The older Trump gets the more likely he'll die before reaching court.
    However, I'm sure NY really wants first dibs on him. It's like they've received a mission from the gods or something.
    It’s 100 to 1 odds... the chances he goes to jail after his run, are worth the dollar investment to get 100 back... if he dies first, I lose a buck...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Sounds like Pelosi...because that's all we get from her is delay and delay
    Hmm.

This May article says that the House voted on 51 bills since January. Of them, 49 passed.

This August article says

The number of Senate roll call votes on amendments — a key indicator of whether lawmakers are engaged in free and open debate — plummeted to only 18 this year, according to a review of congressional data. During the same time period in the 10 previous Congresses, senators took anywhere from 34 to 231 amendment votes.
    and

But the Senate’s legislative record on domestic issues has been so thin that a number of Republicans were left grasping for words when asked to name the chamber’s most significant legislative achievement this year.

“Did we pass the opioid legislation this year, or was that last year?” Senator Shelley Moore Capito, Republican of West Virginia, asked her aide, who informed her that the bipartisan measure to address the opioid epidemic had passed in 2018. Ms. Capito paused, and a long silence ensued.

“Criminal justice reform!” declared Senator Charles E. Grassley, Republican of Iowa. But the bill overhauling sentencing laws, which Mr. Grassley championed, passed at the end of the last Congress, he was told. Mr. Grassley waved his hand. “Close enough,” he said.

Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina, put it this way: “We’re at a complete standstill on the big stuff.”
    Bolded for emphasis. And this:

“From health care to gun safety to climate change, Republicans just say no, despite the overwhelming consensus of the American people on these issues,” Mr. Schumer said, adding: “Leader McConnell’s Senate has been a big black hole. There has not been a single bill open for amendment all year. Not. One. Bill.”
    Or, you could go to any of the .gov sites that track things like roll calls. This session, there have been 514 roll calls on any topic at all in the House. The Senate has 262.

"Both sides do it" and other false equivalencies wither and die in the light of evidence.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Oh I agree it would be a lost cause.

Meanwhile, another example of fake news....https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-...-russia-report

MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell admitted he made an “error in judgment” after airing a singled-sourced, unverified report that President Trump had loans co-signed by Russian oligarchs.

“Last night I made an error in judgment by reporting an item about the president’s finances that didn’t go through our rigorous verification and standards process. I shouldn’t have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air. I will address the issue on my show tonight,” O’Donnell tweeted Wednesday afternoon.

The liberal host’s mea culpa came just hours after the president’s legal team sent a harshly worded letter to NBC Wednesday demanding an apology and retraction for what it called “false and defamatory, and extremely damaging” comments.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Oh I agree it would be a lost cause.

Meanwhile, another example of fake news....https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-...-russia-report

MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell admitted he made an “error in judgment” after airing a singled-sourced, unverified report that President Trump had loans co-signed by Russian oligarchs.

“Last night I made an error in judgment by reporting an item about the president’s finances that didn’t go through our rigorous verification and standards process. I shouldn’t have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air. I will address the issue on my show tonight,” O’Donnell tweeted Wednesday afternoon.

The liberal host’s mea culpa came just hours after the president’s legal team sent a harshly worded letter to NBC Wednesday demanding an apology and retraction for what it called “false and defamatory, and extremely damaging” comments.
    It's not "FAKE NEWS", that meme is so bloody stupid.

It's poor ethics in reporting, you should always wait for at least two independent sources before reporting something. He didn't, he screwed up, he apologized.

That doesn't make this "FAKE NEWS". "FAKE NEWS" would be claiming that Puerto Rico received $92B in federal aid. Because it still has not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not "FAKE NEWS"

It's poor ethics in reporting
    Correct.

O'Donnell almost certainly told the truth when he said he heard the story. Remember, his job is at stake when he says something he knows it to be false. By contrast, Trump lies in public about everything all the time. He also apologized -- something Trump's only done when he was proven to be a pussy grabbing adulterer -- for saying it, but not for lying.