Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungeir View Post
    You have a point that there is unreachable content for them. But there is also no glory in the available content. For the players with intrinsic motivation that's fine. But many will be unwilling to stomach the commitment needed, once they realize that noone is going to care about their Classic loot and kills. Anecdotally the glory hounds are by far the biggest chunk of players. Rewards, tangible and intangible, are key to most players. Just look at how quickly any poorly rewarding or low-prestige activity is abandoned.

If anything, those players will return to retail and clamor for cutting-edge content with no skill floor. "Just look at the success of classic!" - "We want raids anyone can complete with enough time commitment and dedication!". But that way is the land of extreme content droughts, so Blizzard can't do that. I suspect Classic will thus serve to make the community increasingly toxic in their cries for "single-difficulty end-game content". Because they sure won't be asking for Mythic-difficulty as the base level of anything. But as for them actually sticking to Classic? I don't see it happening beyond a very small crowd.
    They could conceivably have close to the same gear as the best players in the game, within a time frame in which it still means something and hasn't been completely invalidated by the next content patch, thus the rewards have more instrinsic value and the likelihood of someone embarking upon that journey (and staying on it) is higher. That the wider community recognises the content is much easier in terms of skill I think has less impact than you imagine, because a) within the context of the game world the rewards still have the same level of prestige and gameplay impact and b) to the bad player it will still have felt like a sizeable challenge, in the same sense that the satisfaction of reaching level 60 is not going to be diminished by the fact that the world first 60 was done in 3-4 days.

Retail don't forget not only constantly reminds people they lack skill, it also reminds them they are too slow. Introductions like Ahead of the Curve means that even dogged persistence can't compensate for the bad player, and such reminders of their failings can even become requirements to get into raids, rubbing further salt into the wounds.
    Last edited by WowClassic; 2019-09-01 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    So they did accomplish something?
    Yes they beat Method.

Stop begin mad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Yes they beat Method.

Stop begin mad
    BREAKING NEWS: Potato Farmers beat Nuclear Scientists in potato farming, nuclear science fans are mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: Potato Farmers beat Nuclear Scientists in potato farming, nuclear science fans are mad.
    more like high schoolers beat nuclear scientists, in high school math.

they're the same game just 15 years apart. so saying that they're a 100% different is disingenious

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot View Post
    We took away that language from you ever since we whopped your ass in 1776.

I hope you like them fries boy, most of the Brits used to say Chips but you're too weak minded so you got dominated by U.S culture.

You're our lapdog, 51st state.
    You're obviously trolling (and it's a fairly poor one). But FYI Fries and Chips are two different things.

To all the morons saying that the 1.12 patch is the only reason this was possible, what are you gonna do when dozens of guilds clear Naxx ~2 hours after getting attuned? Will you people finally admit that Vanilla raiding is LFR tier?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    ...I'm still level 21. How much do you have to play to pull this off?

Ok so what exactly is it happening?
    Havent played vanilla on retail but for years people praised it as being the top warcraft had with weeks if not months to level a character to 60.
    Now we have all raids currently opened cleared in 6 days? Did people evolved from 15 yrs ago or is the current vanilla easier.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    ...I'm still level 21. How much do you have to play to pull this off?
    I think the average time back in the day was around 150 hours played however these lunatics are doing in like 80 hours played. To say this is anywhere near the same experience as Vanilla is disingenuous to the real thing.

As I stated several times, wow classic is not wow vanilla and it won’t ever fee the same or experience the challenges of the original.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm really confused now, how do you kill Ragnaros on the first reset when summoning him requires waterlords rep from farming MC :S is this some exploit that private server players discovered which was never patched for classic? :S

Kinda weird seeing people trashtalk knowing full well they are probably not clearing WC or DM as smoothly as Apes did MC.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2019-09-01 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I'm really confused now, how do you kill Ragnaros on the first reset when summoning him requires waterlords rep from farming MC :S is this some exploit that private server players discovered which was never patched for classic? :S
    They likely farmed trash, reset the instance and repeat. Unless you kill the boss attached to the trash, it will respawn when you reset the zone, there was no exploit needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Perseverance to get even remotely near 60 is what I meant! lol Good point.
    Well, that is true though. It does take some will and a lot of free time.
    It was fun once but I doubt most people will put in the effort these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    Ok so what exactly is it happening?
    Havent played vanilla on retail but for years people praised it as being the top warcraft had with weeks if not months to level a character to 60.
    Now we have all raids currently opened cleared in 6 days? Did people evolved from 15 yrs ago or is the current vanilla easier.
    Classes and gear are a little better because 1.12. For a regular person, playing only1-2 hours a day, it will take months to reach 60. As far as raids are concerned,T1 was always a joke, people just had no idea 15 years ago. But after years and years and years and multiple private servers .. yeah, every inch of it is known and tested.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

back then playing wow and finishing mc was a proud moment you worked hard for.. now with classic its just advertising. thats why vanilla and classic will never be the same experience

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    To all the morons saying that the 1.12 patch is the only reason this was possible, what are you gonna do when dozens of guilds clear Naxx ~2 hours after getting attuned? Will you people finally admit that Vanilla raiding is LFR tier?
    To all the morons who don't understand that these people have killed these bosses for hundreds of times over the last 15 years, to all the imbeciles who don't understand that the vast majority of the player base is nowhere near such a feat, shut the fuck up with that LFR crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    To all the morons who don't understand that these people have killed these bosses for hundreds of times over the last 15 years, to all the imbeciles who don't understand that the vast majority of the player base is nowhere near such a feat, shut the fuck up with that LFR crap.
    ...You don't need 15 years of practice for neither Ragnaros nor Onyxia, come on man you know this.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Reality of this thread
    If it was FUCKING METHOD doing it, shitposters would be praising.
    But since it was a good Pserver guild with lots of experience, doubled their spite against classic, when MC was always retardly easy and people were doing 5man onyxia by 1.12.
    This is all tiresome.
    And YES, they claimed that they can also do AQ40 and NAXX in a day or so in their stream, because they know how to do it.

MMO-C trully became a /v/ and REEETERA shitposting central.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    It's true though... Vanilla raids have less mechanic than a BfA dungeon, lol. Once players are attuned, it will be a roflstomp.

I couldn't imagine that . They will kill the onyxia and ragnaros in 6days .