Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is the gamers in that METHOD WORLD FIRST studio today:

Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    Reality of this thread
    If it was FUCKING METHOD doing it, shitposters would be praising.
    But since it was a good Pserver guild with lots of experience, doubled their spite against classic, when MC was always retardly easy and people were doing 5man onyxia by 1.12.
    This is all tiresome.
    And YES, they claimed that they can also do AQ40 and NAXX in a day or so in their stream, because they know how to do it.

MMO-C trully became a /v/ and REEETERA shitposting central.
    Gamers rise up

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    To all the morons who don't understand that these people have killed these bosses for hundreds of times over the last 15 years, to all the imbeciles who don't understand that the vast majority of the player base is nowhere near such a feat, shut the fuck up with that LFR crap.
    It comes down to absolutely nothing other than numbers. There is 0 individual skill involved to kill ragnaros. X amount of people with Y amount of fire res = kill. This is why it was 1shot, APES Knew exactly what was needed for a kill, as does everyone else. The first person to meet the requirement had the kill. Simple as that. You could have the worst player in the world, if they were level 60 with lucky drops and enough resistance, they'd be able to WF kill a vanilla raid.

I've not killed Ragnaros in over 13 years by this point, but if I hit 60 fast enough and met the requirements, I'd be able to jump into a raid and down this. Hell, a PUG could have got the WF if all the first people to 60 fucked over their guilds and just did it together.

Raids and dungeons are one of 2 areas in which retail blows classic out of the water, the raids are pure garbage in comparison. The second is class design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    wow much amaze
    such talent

I suppose the "world first" race is over now? Or are they going to continue trying hard..
    World first was over 15 years ago.

This was Classic-first.

This is great, happy for them! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    As I said on the other thread, the "Classic was hard" crowd is so done after this. You can never say that again. We got the authentic vanilla experience, no strings attached, with people saying it would be impossible in the first week, and they still did it.
    I'm pretty sure the only people saying it was impossible week 1 were retail players. Pserver players knew this was going to happen. Skarm said it would happen. Anyone that knows APES or Grizzly, which staysafe used to be in, knew this was gunna happen. The only thing to talk about here is how method got btfo, which is what retail players said WASN'T going to happen.

LOL WHAT A JOKE THIS CLASSIC GARBAGE?
    Players are clearing end game raids after barely hitting lvl 60 (and some even being under 60).
    Those raids are fucking easier than BFA LFR. WTF is this crap? Fix our shit Blizzard.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2019-09-01 at 04:13 PM.

I would love to see someone going rank 14 in 1 day...

Counting the whole expansion done when raids are one of the many things the game offers is BS when majority of players are not even 60 yet.

They can now be prestiged enough to sit near Orgrimmar bank with their shiny gears to show off and chomp people's heads with one shots. I call that progression. Do this in BFA or any other expansion, you'll have problems even seeing the same person twice so here the world first actually means something, not some thing that will get overwritten in several months or the fact that you can't chop someone's head off, one shotting them, because gear makes no difference (or any part of the game whatsoever to the general population) and it is easy to get by majority of the playerbase.

You can get individual fun of having killed a boss in expansions but in the end it is the other people that put meaning into it. This is how life is overall; be a millionaire in Mars alone, to whom can you show your shiny new car to, what's the fun in that? This is somehow egoistic and self satisfactory but this is how majority of people view life, like a pissing contest.

I'm a little confused. People keep talking about Classic being version 1.12, but my loading screen in Classic says I am playing version 1.13.2.31687.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    It comes down to absolutely nothing other than numbers. There is 0 individual skill involved to kill ragnaros. X amount of people with Y amount of fire res = kill. This is why it was 1shot, APES Knew exactly what was needed for a kill, as does everyone else. The first person to meet the requirement had the kill. Simple as that. You could have the worst player in the world, if they were level 60 with lucky drops and enough resistance, they'd be able to WF kill a vanilla raid.

I've not killed Ragnaros in over 13 years by this point, but if I hit 60 fast enough and met the requirements, I'd be able to jump into a raid and down this. Hell, a PUG could have got the WF if all the first people to 60 fucked over their guilds and just did it together.

Raids and dungeons are one of 2 areas in which retail blows classic out of the water, the raids are pure garbage in comparison. The second is class design.
    Well you aren't wrong, I believe anyone can achieve anything if they put their mind to it, but what you just said is like saying, "Metallica doesn't have skill. They just use their vocal chords and write some words down and pluck their guitar strings literally anyone can do that." well, yea, anyone can, have you?

Problem is the mentality. They did this secretly after years of practice. Why not stream it from the beginning and be part of the WoW community? What they chose to be is some private server guys who spent their time years after years on the same content, to have it finally pay off and show everyone what they did for the past years. "Look how cool we are, we really showed them!".. gz for that. What Method does is contributing way more, though. Everyone shittalking about Method should become aware of what they're doing for the Community and the game itself, if you look at the twitch events alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    I'm a little confused. People keep talking about Classic being version 1.12, but my loading screen in Classic says I am playing version 1.13.2.31687.
    Its because classic is its own thing. its based on the 1.12 patch, but it isn't the 1.12 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by xblubbx View Post
    Problem is the mentality. They did this secretly after years of practice. Why not stream it from the beginning and be part of the WoW community? What they chose to be is some private server guys who spent their time years after years on the same content, to have it finally pay off and show everyone what they did for the past years. "Look how cool we are, we really showed them!".. gz for that. What Method does is contributing way more, though. Everyone shittalking about Method should become aware of what they're doing for the Community and the game itself, if you look at the twitch events alone.
    You figured out there evil plan. Play private servers for years on end killing Rag every week, in the hopes that Blizz would put out a Classic server one day so that they could get a world first just to spite you. But it didn't work, 'cause you got them all figured out. Silly Apes.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

this thread is a shitshow, just full of people who have no idea how far vanilla had come by the time it was at this classic patch. it was no the same game and anyone who doesn't understand how much easier this patch was (and why it's easier than that due to modern things that didn't exist then) and how blizzard intentionally meant for all this to play out like it has so far, are just never going to.

the challenge is going to be naxx. most people will never down a boss in naxx because most wont' have the commitment to get there. the ONLY challenging raid for elite players should be naxx but they'll be able to walk in with better gear than people had in vanilla with 100% knowledge and mostly, just better hardware/servers and it will go down about like a mythic raid

it takes about a week for content to be cleared in retail (from availability to kill) and that's gonna be the case for naxx, people will wipe for a week and finally get it down on the weekend

but the average person is still gonna have a MUCH slower pace. average guild isn't gonna have enough people to take down rag until late september

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    the classic version is 1.13 but it's all built on 1.12

this is not a vanilla experience, it's been a MUCH more pleasant, stable, smooth experience due to all the new tech, new addons, etc

it's basically the 8.0 skeleton with the 1.12 flesh which is 1.13. this version of the game had been balanced with nerfs to raids and buffs to classes/specs/gear

they call it 1.13 because it's 1.12 + massive fixes/QOL changes

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    this thread is a shitshow, just full of people who have no idea how far vanilla had come by the time it was at this classic patch. it was no the same game and anyone who doesn't understand how much easier this patch was (and why it's easier than that due to modern things that didn't exist then) and how blizzard intentionally meant for all this to play out like it has so far, are just never going to.

the challenge is going to be naxx. most people will never down a boss in naxx because most wont' have the commitment to get there. the ONLY challenging raid for elite players should be naxx but they'll be able to walk in with better gear than people had in vanilla with 100% knowledge and mostly, just better hardware/servers and it will go down about like a mythic raid

it takes about a week for content to be cleared in retail (from availability to kill) and that's gonna be the case for naxx, people will wipe for a week and finally get it down on the weekend

but the average person is still gonna have a MUCH slower pace. average guild isn't gonna have enough people to take down rag until late september
    Naxx will get facerolled like everything else. Everything in Vanilla is mindlessly easy, the only challenge of Naxx had nothing to do with the encounters themselves. It was getting 40 people attuned and getting them to pay attention and do their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by QwertySham View Post
    This just in, people enjoy classic for more than just witnessing a world first classic kill. derp

Just to add - They downed Onyxia as well
    People still say derp in 2019...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    To all the morons who don't understand that these people have killed these bosses for hundreds of times over the last 15 years, to all the imbeciles who don't understand that the vast majority of the player base is nowhere near such a feat, shut the fuck up with that LFR crap.
    Are you serious? Look at the mechanics of Vanilla fights. They have 1-2 thing you need to look out for max. It's absolutely lfr tier.

I think a lot of people are ignoring something.

"People are going to blow through Classic content fast."

Then some say, "Derp, not many people are even past level 30..."

That is not the point.

When you field a 40 man raid entirely composed of level 60s... you're going to roflstomp whatever raid except for parts of BWL and Naxx.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    World first was over 15 years ago.

This was Classic-first.
    Gee thanks.. I so needed clarification on that.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    in the hopes that Blizz would put out a Classic server
    Sry mate you're lacking some knowledge. They competed in fresh server starts, not hoping for a classic server.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I think a lot of people are ignoring something.

"People are going to blow through Classic content fast."

Then some say, "Derp, not many people are even past level 30..."

That is not the point.

When you field a 40 man raid entirely composed of level 60s... you're going to roflstomp whatever raid except for parts of BWL and Naxx.
    pretty much this.
    im seeing a lot of people going over lvl 20+ and having a blast.

Yesterday i went a 4 man ret paladin gauntlet + Priest into Shadowfang keep to get the verigan's hammer part and we went over doing it, and we had fun and took even some bosses.
    It isnt hard, but its fun, calculated pulls, 2 were even new and never played classic, but they loved it compared to vanilla, because it felt like a journey.

they are eager to do the Charger quest once they reach lvl 60, and most of it came from Mad season's videos and the late Hayven.