Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not even close my dude. The lowest available switch cart is 500 MB. That wouldn't even hold 1 full spyro game.
    No, the smallest cartridge is 1 GB. How about not posting false information? The largest Switch cartridge is 32 GB and a 64 GB version was in development but I don't know if they've released it as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    No, the smallest cartridge is 1 GB. How about not posting false information? The largest Switch cartridge is 32 GB and a 64 GB version was in development but I don't know if they've released it as of yet.
    Oh boy even if I was off by one increment what does it change? Spyro ain't fitting on 1 GB.

Spyro isn't fitting on a 1GB cart ether.

You could fit 1 and 1/2 of a Spryo game from PS1 on it tho if you want that version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    No1 ships at that day was ment to a postal service.
    I guess u don't live in the US cause this isn't true.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Spyro isn't fitting on a 1GB cart ether.

You could fit 1 and 1/2 of a Spryo game from PS1 on it tho if you want that version.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess u don't live in the US cause this isn't true.
    Except that games for the Switch are (presumably anyway) shipped on a cartridge that can hold the entire game. That said, the FFX-X2 Remaster does not include all of the content on the cartridge either (it only comes with FFX on the cartridge and some DLC thing, X2 has to be downloaded with a code that comes in the box). If I had to hazard a guess, Nintendo isn't providing companies with the more expensive cartridges because they aren't selling remasters as full priced games. Either way, the rationale behind forcing people to download the game rather than the entirety of it being on a single cartridge is absolutely asinine. If people wanted the downloaded version, they'd just download it.

Except that games for the Switch are (presumably anyway) shipped on a cartridge that can hold the entire game. That said, the FFX-X2 Remaster does not include all of the content on the cartridge either (it only comes with FFX on the cartridge and some DLC thing, X2 has to be downloaded with a code that comes in the box). If I had to hazard a guess, Nintendo isn't providing companies with the more expensive cartridges because they aren't selling remasters as full priced games. Either way, the rationale behind forcing people to download the game rather than the entirety of it being on a single cartridge is absolutely asinine. If people wanted the downloaded version, they'd just download it.
    Nintendo isn't providing companies with the carts because the companies aren't paying for them. Witcher 3 will be the very first game to use a 32 GB cart in the west, and previously the only other game that did was only released in Japan and retailed 1,000 yen higher then a normal Switch game release.

Even Nintendo themselves is guilty of doing this with Bayonetta 1 and 2. Only 2 is on the cart unless you got the CE from Japan.

The fact of the matter is Activision is shaving costs for higher profit and people will still buy their shitty spyro remasters and nothing will change. They can ship it on a 1 GB cart where you can play 1 or 2 levels and then have to download the rest because it saves them money off of having to pay for a 16 GB cart.

Except that games for the Switch are (presumably anyway) shipped on a cartridge that can hold the entire game.
    Company's are not using bigger carts because they are saving on cost.

Hell Spyro wasn't even on the Blu-Ray's that shipped for PS4/XB1. Why anyone thought it would be different with the Switch I have no clue.

Many 3rd party company's shave cost by using the smaller carts. Hell the NBA games have like a 20GB download cause of it.

Hell Witcher 3 will be the first game/company to use the 32GB carts.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Hell Spyro wasn't even on the Blu-Ray's that shipped for PS4/XB1. Why anyone thought it would be different with the Switch I have no clue.
    Well the original excuse was that the game wasn't completed. This was the excuse used to justify why the game was not complete for PS4/XB1.

The other parts would be available post launch. And they were! (digital lol, disc is useless)

Does this still apply to the Switch? ... after everythings out?

How come you can't even play the 1st game on the Switch without a download. The 1st game worked on PS4/XBOX1.

But not on Switch .. indeed .. Activision ... /sigh

So now all the games require a download. One, Two ... and THREE!

I should not have expected anything different, you are correct. It has gone worse.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-09-03 at 12:10 AM.

Spyro has issues again this time on switch as you have to download the games again from what i hear from rumors.
    So they are selling you a not even a full game.
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...zable_download
    If they weren't selling you a full game then you'd have to pay extra for the download, which you don't. Just because you have to download something doesn't mean your purchase isn't getting you the full game...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Company's are not using bigger carts because they are saving on cost.

Many 3rd party company's shave cost by using the smaller carts. Hell the NBA games have like a 20GB download cause of it.

Hell Witcher 3 will be the first game/company to use the 32GB carts.
    I'd imagine the Doom 2016 Switch port would have used it, even though it's dumbed down, the PC version alone was over 30 GB. They'd have had to use it just to have enough storage without a download. Seems really lazy and a waste of internal storage on the system or on a memory card.

I'd imagine the Doom 2016 Switch port would have used it, even though it's dumbed down, the PC version alone was over 30 GB. They'd have had to use it just to have enough storage without a download. Seems really lazy and a waste of internal storage on the system or on a memory card.
    Doom only had SP campaign on the cart. You had a big ass download for the MP.

Also do you really think most publishers care about your storage space or wasting it? lol, they don't give a shit. Not even on PS4/XBO do they give a shit which is why you see games balloon to 100 GB sizes. Nintendo is one of the few companies that care, and do ship most of their games fully on the cart and also compress them well if you buy digitally. In fact Nintendo has fit every Switch game on a 16 GB cart or less.

3rd parties don't give a shit for the most part, they aren't gonna pay the extra production costs to save you bandwith and storage space. Why do you think CDPR is getting such good will for the W3 port? Not only did they get a 60 GB game compressed down to 32 GB or less they shipped it all on the biggest cart possible. Which is unprecedented for any 3rd party on the platform.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-09-03 at 01:46 AM.

It didn't.

The base game was 14.4GB (They used the 16GB cart) with a 8GB update to add in the Multiplayer. Witcher 3 is the first and only game to use the 32GB carts. To add the Switch version doesn't even have the map maker.

Also seems Spyro doesn't even have a cart, ill double check when I go into work Saturday. But it seems the ones we got didn't but like I said I am not 100% sure. There is a download code in the case tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nintendo is one of the few companies that care, and do ship most of their games fully on the cart and also compress them well if you buy digitally. In fact Nintendo has fit every Switch game on a 16 GB cart or less.
    I would say Sony is the same way as well. Each of their games has the game fully on disk, At most there is a small day 1 update.

3rd parties don't give a shit for the most part, they aren't gonna pay the extra production costs to save you bandwith and storage space. Why do you think CDPR is getting such good will for the W3 port? Not only did they get a 60 GB game compressed down to 32 GB or less they shipped it all on the biggest cart possible. Which is unprecedented for any 3rd party on the platform.
    To add to this its the base game and both expansions that is on the cart. That's very impressive.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-09-03 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Got a 40-minute direct coming tomorrow. 3PM Pacific.
    Unless they reverse the stupid national dex issue with Pokemon, that's a yikes from me. Just release missing launch pokemon as Raid battles GF.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Just release missing launch pokemon as Raid battles GF.
    They can't those Pokémon wil not be ever coded into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They can't those Pokémon wil not be ever coded into the game.
    Has this actually been confirmed? I don't think this is 100% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    This is as close to Armored Core I am likely going to be for some time. This game already trumps Astral Chain in my book.
    Holy shitballs. AC, PS2 era, is my absolute favorite game series of all time. That was exactly what I thought when watching that trailer. So excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Maybe they just do a special edition that has them all in another year.
    I really hope not, as I think that the model of releasing the "better" version of pokemon games a year later is stupid and a blatant cash grab. It would be even more so in this case since Masuda indicated that this was the model moving forward.

My hope is that pressure from Nintendo would lead to a reversal of this decision, since it's stupid and goes against the type of quality games that Nintendo puts their seal on. I know GF is separate from Nintendo, but they have been toeing the line for a couple of years honestly, so hopefully Nintendo can tell them to get their shit together.

10+ Year Old Account
    So will The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening be worth playing?

Asking since it doesnt look much different compared to Zelda a link betwen 2 worlds.
    But i kinda dislike character model as compared to worlds version it fells lame.

To add to this its the base game and both expansions that is on the cart. That's very impressive.
    I have the complete edition with both expansions on the Xbox and it is a file size of 39.9 Gb, which is of course with much higher resolution/graphics. It's not 60 Gb as has been stated, at least that's not what my console shows, I just checked. So it doesn't surprise me they could get it down to fit a 32 Gb cartridge with the downgrades.

What's more impressive is their willingness to shell out for the 32 Gb cartridge itself, but then again, it's Witcher 3 which will probably sell really well.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    I have the complete edition with both expansions on the Xbox and it is a file size of 39.9 Gb, which is of course with much higher resolution/graphics. It's not 60 Gb as has been stated, at least that's not what my console shows, I just checked. So it doesn't surprise me they could get it down to fit a 32 Gb cartridge with the downgrades.

What's more impressive is their willingness to shell out for the 32 Gb cartridge itself, but then again, it's Witcher 3 which will probably sell really well.
    Then I guess they already started compressing it when they did the complete editions. My install on PS4 with both expansions is over 60 GB. It appears to be the same on Xbox One. https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com..._install_size/

So they compressed it even further then they already did on the Switch, which is even more impressive. And them shelling out for the 32 GB shouldn't be impressive, it should be expected. If you want to sell a physical game put the whole thing on the cart. It's sad that's not the status quo.

10+ Year Old Account
    So will The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening be worth playing?

Asking since it doesnt look much different compared to Zelda a link betwen 2 worlds.
    But i kinda dislike character model as compared to worlds version it fells lame.
    It seems like it'd be a good introductory, child's game, beyond that? I dunno. Looks kiddie friendly. I would imagine an experienced adult player will breeze through it in a couple days.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect