Thread: Queue Monster

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Exactly right.

I've never had a single queue even on launch day! How you ask? I picked a less populated server. Easy.
    You either trade short term convenience, for long term pain endgame and server dying or you take short term pain with queues for a bit in order to gain long term population security

I thought this was apropos.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

I've been on Atiesh day one and it's been great. The highest queues I've had to sit through were 300 and 1200 (right after server crash). Since then, after the expanded servers I haven't had to sit in queue at all. Though I usually log in right as I get home from work so I can get ahead of some of the rush. The server is great too, populated as hell but not as ridiculous as a streamer server.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    You either trade short term convenience, for long term pain endgame and server dying or you take short term pain with queues for a bit in order to gain long term population security
    My server is far from dead, it has an active and thriving community.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    My server is far from dead, it has an active and thriving community.
    This.

All but 2-3 servers are either Full with 1-3k queue at primetime or near Full. That means the server population has (number of layers) times 2 people on it that an original Vanilla server had at "full" label. Even if 80% of the playerbase would left, all the servers would have more people on them than a high pop vanilla realm had (not to mention the current humongous queue realms still would have 8-10k queues, if we take a server without layers on, which Blizz' long time plan).

Edit: Just seen the main page, Blizz is thinking about the same, hence they are already ready to provide free transfers from certain realms.
    Last edited by Puzzony; 2019-09-03 at 09:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Log-in queues are part of the authentic classic experience!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Not sure what you're getting at, I drew the comparison because there weren't enough lifeboats on the Titanic, despite safety guidelines saying there should have been a minimum of almost twice as many. In the same way, Blizzard didn't provide enough servers initially, which has caused this hot mess.

At this point anyone who is refusing to see this argument is probably just here to shit on Classic players regardless, so by all means, fill your boots.
    A bit touchy, it's okay. I can almost understand losing your ability to understand whats a attack and whats simply a joke.
    #NOCHANGES right? That means crappy starts...

Jokes aside. Calm down my dude, It was a joke. I've enjoyed the time I put into classic, it might not be my cup of tea but i'm not gonna slam you for enjoying it more.
    Last edited by RedBrood; 2019-09-04 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    I thought this was apropos.
    This deserves more attention, and genuinely made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBrood View Post
    A bit touchy, it's okay. I can almost understand losing your ability to understand whats a attack and whats simply a joke.
    #NOCHANGES right? That means crappy starts...

Jokes aside. Calm down my dude, It was a joke. I've enjoyed the time I put into classic, it might not be my cup of tea but i'm not gonna slam you for enjoying it more.
    ... Re-reading it I can see why you maybe interpreted my post like this, but really I was just trying to help you understand what I was saying because your reply didn't make much sense to me. The last part was rhetorical, or at least aimed in general at the "It's all your fault" bleaters, rather than you personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Full Vanilla experience, there you (we) go
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

1. Get teamViewer on your phone
    2. Start your computer + teamViewer when you wake up
    3. Go to work
    4. Start queueing after lunch
    5. Play when you get home

Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    Everything has been great in Classic!

Well, 'ceptin' for the Queues to login... still showing 6000 in line every day during primetime.

I thought they were addressing that? No change since release.

I'm on Thalnos.
    That's classic though.
    Also, they don't want to add too many realms since they'll be dead in 2 months.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    There are now 30 or so US servers. Pick one of them. If you still insist on waiting in a 6k queue to follow around a streamer, then no one here can help you. (Not targeted JUST at you btw...)
    It's not all about streamers mate, majority of us don't give two shits about them. But we have friends, you know, friends... they are already on set realms.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    1. Get teamViewer on your phone
    2. Start your computer + teamViewer when you wake up
    3. Go to work
    4. Start queueing after lunch
    5. Play when you get home
    DONT YOU GUYS HAVE PHONES???? 4Head

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    Everything has been great in Classic!

Well, 'ceptin' for the Queues to login... still showing 6000 in line every day during primetime.

I thought they were addressing that? No change since release.

I'm on Thalnos.
    /facepalm

They have been addressing it.

They added servers when they saw the massive number of name reservations. Then they added more servers. Then they increased the amount of layering. Then they created even more servers. Now they are offering free transfers.

Seriously people, Blizz has some big issues they need to resolve, but this is not one of them.