Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    Which gear? Mythic raid gear?
    Normies don't care about Mythic Raid gear, because the only thing it's good for is Mythic Raiding.

Therefore, it sucks. 99% of the game that people actually play is just as ez as Classic. Now you might argue that it's available so you have a choice to do hard content, but since the gear gets replaced in one patch (Thanks welfare zerging M+) nobody actually cares to get it and the payoff is horrible.

WoW has always been a game about long term dopamine payoff just as much as pressing 1234qer mb4 mb5 for your rotation to kill something in the short term.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    That's why i quoted you, out of agreement.
    Oh, ok, I was wondering if it was a case of misreading

There was never any doubt in my mind that Classic would not be for everyone. Some clung to the nostalgia, others heard the stories and felt like they missed out, however myself having been there I knew exactly what awaited me.

I was initially against Classic, as I felt the resource investment wasn't justified, but right now I am enjoying the crap out of it. I would still choose BFA over Classic, however it is a welcome distraction during content draught periods.

WoW was a very different beast back in 2005, so with each iteration the game has changed to meet the gaming trends of the time. MMORPGs are out of style, but WoW is still the most popular, successful and polemic MMORPG out there. Other MMORPGs have secured their right to exist, but none can say they bring in the numbers that WoW does, even if their communities find a way to disagree.

Classic is not a game for 2019, so once the nostalgia and novelty wears off Blizzard will be proven right. It was however not the resource waste I originally anticipated and should host a healthy community if Blizzard plays its cards right in the coming months.

I am mostly curious to see how a social game like Classic holds up against other games in an era where there is virtually no communication between players, and how it fares in a world of streaming and social media.

Quote Originally Posted by peggers69 View Post
    Curious, if retail is so good why are the classic ques so high?
    Because retails has several hundreds of servers worldwide, whereas classic has just tens of servers.
    Also, classic is the shiny new toy that all the people want to at least try, considering all the streamers are riding the hype-train, like they do with all big game releases. So ofc that there are tons of people that wanna try classic.

Even though retail might be better due to a more polished endgame, classic is definetly reinforcing all the weak points of retail. For one, its showing how much the loot system has deteriorated over the last few expansions. In Classic even getting a quest green feels pretty fucking good. Getting a blue in a dungeon feels awesome. In retail titanforging and being constantly showered by purples has pretty much ruined any meaningful loot progression. Even mythic raid gear is largely pointless by the time you actually get it. Secondly, the leveling actually has meaning. In retail the leveling is pretty much a story simulator at this point. Go there and click a NPC. There is never a danger of dying even if u pull 10 mobs. In classic getting a quest done actually feels like you accomplished something especially if its an elite quest. Of course a lot of people just want to grind AOE and get to the endgame as fast as possible but its still good to have options.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a lot of ways, sure some things are better in retail than classic. That won't stop people (including me) to have fun in classic. One can even go as far as liking both retail and classic, imagine that.

There's people like you, OP, and then there's people like me - the polar opposite - who thought meh, I'll play but idk how much if more than a few hours/week as a solo quester.

I fought against the #nochanges crowd and pictured myself playing super casually. A week later and i'm almost 60. I've made at least 10 new friends. We're on discord every single day since we met at SM Graveyard. 4 of us collectively joined our 5th party member's guild, with a skilled and active core. We've at least 10 players in the running for top 30 server 60s. I'm 27 now and my gf hasn't managed to wrestle more than 5 mins of my time since launch. I spent an entire daywhere I ate nothing but a packet of M&Ms despite having a fridge full of food because I don't have time to cook. I've started smoking having quit 6 months ago to kill the hunger pains because I can't. fucking. stop. playing. I'm replying to this garbage because i'm in work and triggered that the realm 2nd druid is going to overtake me in the last 4 levels b/c I only took 1 week off work instead of 2... First day back and I've never thought about quitting so hard in my life. This game is amazing and I can't believe it's taken Blizzard so long to get us here.
    Last edited by Jyggalag; 2019-09-04 at 11:05 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    this one guy said a thing so it must be true

I've never seen so much buzz for wow in years. Classic, even with it's rough spots, its a far better game that actually makes you feel invested in your character. Modern wow is software with no passion. It's junk and pure cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    Hm, lets check OP's post history...

Posted 2019-08-01: "I won't be playing Classic because it is an objectively bad game that will dead only a year or so after launch."

Shocking, another person hating on classic and making false posts about how they came to the realization that it was a bad game after playing it, while claiming that they were looking forward to it soooo much.

What is wrong with you OP? Let people who want to play classic enjoy it, it doesnt affect you in any way and posting bullshit like this is honestly just sad.
    Literally this, so pathetic that you've got to lie about something and make a false post, grow up OP.

It's like facebook people making a false status for likes, OP must have really low self confidence.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    I'm 27 now and my gf hasn't managed to wrestle more than 5 mins of my time since launch. I spent an entire daywhere I ate nothing but a packet of M&Ms despite having a fridge full of food because I don't have time to cook. I've started smoking having quit 6 months ago to kill the hunger pains because I can't. fucking. stop. playing. I'm replying to this garbage because i'm in work and triggered that the realm 2nd druid is going to overtake me in the last 4 levels b/c I only took 1 week off work instead of 2... First day back and I've never thought about quitting so hard in my life.
    That doesn't sound healthy and having played this game for nearly 15 years, I have seen this kind of binge behaviour often enough to know where it's likely headed....

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    amazed how much better my void walker is in classic, It taunts just the target and not the mobs around.
    that's something i really hope the devs take over to retail.
    In retail mine AoE aggros everything, and then fails to hold aggro on much of anything. It's almost as bad as my Shaman's Earth elemental was last expac.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathululock View Post
    I've never seen so much buzz for wow in years.
    The problem is it's hard to figure out fact from fiction because there is so much buzz and almost all of it seems to carry some sort of heavy bias, from people who just want to shit on BfA, to people who just want to shit on Classic. It's almost as if no one is able to comment on it without betraying some kind of underlying agenda that makes it impossible for me to trust their opinion.

Here's a thought: Would Classic really have attracted quite so much attention of J Allen Brack hadn't made his, now infamous, "You think you want it, but you really don't" comment? Was he just being a pompous dick or was that an act of incredible genius? Because what is very apparent to me is that his comment touched a nerve that seems to have galvanised a mob of players into proving him wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    That doesn't sound healthy and having played this game for nearly 15 years, I have seen this kind of binge behaviour often enough to know where it's likely headed....
    I've played for 13 years, I know what my limits are. Back to reality today means my playtime drops significantly. Nothing a few early nights once I reach 60 won't fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakkar View Post
    WoW was a very different beast back in 2005, so with each iteration the game has changed to meet the gaming trends of the time.
    That's a oft repeated argument, but just how true is it ?
    From what I've seen, WoW has been more of a trend setter than a trend follower. Its style was starkly in contrast of the much more grindy and punishing MMO at the time. It completely changed its design philosophy while it was still skyrocketting in popularity, so it's not really that it changed because it was required of it to survive.
    You say that MMO "are out of style", but they still have about the same amount of players as they had at the time.

I think this argument simply fall prey to the confusion between "what players actually want" vs "what marketting think players want", and confuse cause and consequences. People also thought that nobody wanted to play a space game, until Star Citizen came and showed there was actually a huge sales potential (the fact that Star Citizen might never be released and be a vaporware is completely irrelevant to the fact that there was a ton of people ready to pay a ton of money to get a space simulator game).
    Classic is not a game for 2019, so once the nostalgia and novelty wears off Blizzard will be proven right. It was however not the resource waste I originally anticipated and should host a healthy community if Blizzard plays its cards right in the coming months.
    This argument is nonsensical. Blizzard will be proven right when it's already been proven wrong ? It's already too late to be proven right.
    And if it can manage to keep interest for a few month... then wouldn't it already better than the usual short spike after an expansion/patch, for a fraction of the cost, so actually more successful than current content ?

Retail due to upgrades is the better game.
    Classic, is the better experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys really have weird need to diss a game that others like. Classic is not for you, retail seem to be for you, stay in retail leave classic alone that´s it. No need to post tons of forum posts how you don´t like something and say it´s bad/blizz was right and other bullshit. If you don´t like the game don´t play it. We don´t need to hear your pointless whining about something we enjoy. Go play retail, I am glad someone enjoys it. Let others enjoy classic. You opinnion means nothing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    I've played for 13 years, I know what my limits are. Back to reality today means my playtime drops significantly. Nothing a few early nights once I reach 60 won't fix.
    What I was more referring to is how people who binge-play tend to not last very long before they get "bored" and move onto something else. That's not to say that I think Classic is a problem, rather that your anecdote says a lot more about you than it does about Classic.

@MoanaLisa why this thread is still open even if people have proven that OP is a liar and a troll? This thread is getting nowhere and just becoming a huge flame fiesta.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilo View Post
    I do think reward bloat is a pretty big concern, i simply dont care about having a mount as a reward while in the past I would specifically do something that rewarded a mount. Mount 375 just isnt as special as mount 12, same goes for waaaay too many systems in the game. Hell, during wrath I had a drive towards getting champion of ulduar, while today.. idk man, dont even know what the raid titles are anymore. I pick titles/mounts that suit my transmog/class now, its a cosmetic thing, not a pride thing any longer.

As for talent trees, I take your point. Suppose it could be better with talent trees, more balancing knobs to deal with, seemed to work quite well in regards to the artifact weps. Probably a bit of a nightmare on their end, but eh.
    Yeah I know you think reward bloat is a concern, I just disagree. It's all just opinion, no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Here's a thought: Would Classic really have attracted quite so much attention of J Allen Brack hadn't made his, now infamous, "You think you want it, but you really don't" comment? Was he just being a pompous dick or was that an act of incredible genius? Because what is very apparent to me is that his comment touched a nerve that seems to have galvanised a mob of players into proving him wrong.
    Interesting thought, but I think he was genuine but later on somewhere down the road they probably realized it was good marketing for Classic. It was also him that announced Classic, kinda bittersweet like a feeling of "we won".