Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If you're talking Void Elves they were introduced in 8.0. You can't say their introduction is involvement that justifies their introduction.
    I'm talking vulpera.
    Edit: to make it clear: vulpera had a recent story involvment, so with his logic they are absolutely qualified as AR, more than void elves and mag'har that is.
    Last edited by ExiHext; 2019-09-08 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If you're talking Void Elves they were introduced in 8.0. You can't say their introduction is involvement that justifies their introduction.
    Void Elves had a hook already with Alleria, who was a key figure in the Legion Argus campaign. They are not as much a "race" as such, but existing blood and high elves that opted to follow Alleria into the ways of the void. Alleria herself then takes them to the Alliance to join them.

Sure, it was a tad bit fabricated, but at least there was some prepared story in Argus that backed them up through Alleria basically being their "maker" of sorts, by teaching them.

All allied races had either a strong pre-existing bond to a faction, either through their leader (Void Elves, Dark Irons) or the story (Highmountains, Nightborne, Lightforged, Magh'ar), or they had strong interaction with the current story (Kul Tiran, Zandalari). Neither applies to Vulpera, they are very much on the sidelines, and only marginally with Mechagnomes, since they are rather neutral in Mechagon (although when push comes to shove, I would assume they would naturally look to their fleshy brothers).

Pulling Vulpera out of the hat now after they have barely been touched since 8.0 would just feel very disconnected. Either they make them a more central figure in 8.3 and maybe add them then in 9.0, or I don't see it happening.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2019-09-08 at 11:08 PM.

People only think Sethrak are a potential future allied race because their models were found in the code or something...which might be because one of the dungeon achievements in ToS transforms you into a Sethrak for like 1 minute after you successfully complete it. But then again, clickbait youtubers won't tell you that, they will claim this almost confirms sethrak coming to the game as an allied race

First, nice sig OP. Reminds me of Renesmee Cullen.

Second. Zero chance. Sethrak havnt been relevant since 8.0. There's nothing in the PTR that suggests that they will be relevant in 8.2.5. No model updates, no fancy new armor for Vorrik, nothing that suggests Vuldun will be a future setting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gonna say a big fat zero. They aren't specifically aligned with the Alliance in any way and mainly exist as a "villain race" for the troll and vulpera to fight in Vol'dun, with a small number that both Horde and Alliance players work together with. Their models don't meet the requirements to be playable and don't play nice with player gear.

Vulpera and Mechagnomes are by far the most likely, simply based on the fact that they already have pretty much everything necessary to be made playable. Vulpera were ready to be made playable as far back as the closed beta, when they were given Horde character creation data in the character races database. All they need is some voice acting, recruitment quests, racials, and a tabard and mount.

Gilblins are possible but I think extremely unlikely as they are barely discernible from standard goblins. Ankoan seemed like a fair bet when they were first announced, but Blizzard hasn't done a hell of a lot to develop them and people don't seem excited by them.

I'd say that Mok'nathal could be in the running at some point, given how completely Rexxar was remodeled, having a full model under his armor which covers up a lot of his features. They didn't need to put this much detail into his model, since you never even see him without his hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    First, nice sig OP. Reminds me of Renesmee Cullen.

Second. Zero chance. Sethrak havnt been relevant since 8.0. There's nothing in the PTR that suggests that they will be relevant in 8.2.5. No model updates, no fancy new armor for Vorrik, nothing that suggests Vuldun will be a future setting.
    I don't think we get sethrak as well but that argument is completely irrelevant. They can introduce new storyline with ex. Vulpera involved and BAM! you got "a setting". Suddenly Vulpera/Sethrak is relevant again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd wager on zero chance for Sethrak. Probably, and finally, Vulpera and Mechagnomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    According to who?
    I think that High Elves, Ogres, Vulpera, Mechagnomes... and even Naga are more ancitipated.
    Who in the hell is anticipating mechagnomes?

They're literally just gnomes with fancy parts screwed on. They'd be a fine allied race; not so much a "featured expansion race." That'd be pretty lame, especially if the horde got vulpera. At least they're a unique species.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Gilblins are possible but I think extremely unlikely as they are barely discernible from standard goblins. Ankoan seemed like a fair bet when they were first announced, but Blizzard hasn't done a hell of a lot to develop them and people don't seem excited by them.
    Gilblins are a far more equitable to mechagnomes than vulpera.

Ankoan wont happen as long as there's no distinct male/female ankoan models.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Is there even a big demand for the Sethrak? I don't recall there being a massive outcry to make playable.
    I would like to play as one, but if they were added they'd most likely be an Alliance deal... even though the Alliance barely link with them as well. Regardless, I don't play as Alliance and I'm so far behind I wouldn't want to do all the required work for them either.

I think that's their biggest issue, they scream Horde, but story wise only fall slightly more to the Alliance side.

How in the world do you plan to make every helmet work with the Sethrak? I like the idea of adding them but it would be a serious pain to program that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I would like to play as one, but if they were added they'd most likely be an Alliance deal... even though the Alliance barely link with them as well. Regardless, I don't play as Alliance and I'm so far behind I wouldn't want to do all the required work for them either.

I think that's their biggest issue, they scream Horde, but story wise only fall slightly more to the Alliance side.
    The nightborne should make it clear that any amount of aid lent to a neutral race means diddly squat in deciding where they'll go in the future. Blizzard could easily make some questline where someone from the horde said something mean about the sethrakk so they all go alliance. Just like the nightborne going to the horde.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Who in the hell is anticipating mechagnomes?
    Mostly just Horde players who want Alliance players to get shit on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Mostly just Horde players who want Alliance players to get shit on.
    "What if gnomes really liked technology, lived in a technological city, and built contraptions all day! Wouldn't that be new and different?! I present to you... MECHAGNOMES!"

It'd be like presenting Worgen as the new race in cataclysm, but they look exactly like humans and the only thing that changes when they transform is their arms.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroloGeo View Post
    We are calling the trade chat of my server Sethrak chat now, because people don’t stop asking for that race to be playable.
    Really hope to see them, but wonder how/when we'd see some extra story to tie them back into the narrative. Keeping fingers crossed for Blizzcon; stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Noct View Post
    How in the world do you plan to make every helmet work with the Sethrak? I like the idea of adding them but it would be a serious pain to program that.

It actually wouldn't be too bad; this pic has been passed around for quite awhile now.

Minor little alterations like this wouldn't be too big a deal, and people who play beast-ish races are used to them. If they had to, they could even auto-hide like boots on trolls, but I don't think it would really bother people who wanted to play them. I mean, look at this great art someone did of a Sethrak Warlock awhile back.

This would be magnificent.
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2019-09-09 at 03:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gilblins are a far more equitable to mechagnomes than vulpera.
    How so? Gilblins are extremely primitive from what we've seen. They have no real technology and basically live off scavenged shipwrecks and sea life.

Vulpera have a much more distinct culture, and areas of expertise such as alchemy and bartering. Plus, you know, already having fully customizable models with plenty of unique customization features.

10+ Year Old Account
    How so? Gilblins are extremely primitive from what we've seen. They have no real technology and basically live off scavenged shipwrecks and sea life.

Vulpera have a much more distinct culture, and areas of expertise such as alchemy and bartering. Plus, you know, already having fully customizable models with plenty of unique customization features.
    Mechagnomes are about as different from gnomes as gilblin are from goblins.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mechagnomes are about as different from gnomes as gilblin are from goblins.
    You think so? I think at a glance you wouldn't even notice the difference between gilblins and goblins unless maybe it was a red one.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well, they aren't really requested compared to about a dozen other races, and they are pretty much all killed off, besides a small group living in the Sethralis Temple. So the chances? Eh, around 0.5%.
    Same reason for high elfs too, but that doesn't stop it.

Honestly, I don't think the chances are good at all for any AR. They had the Perfect story lineup in this patch to add 2 more. New factions and reps. Developed story. Close working relationship with the factions. And yet they said "we will add more when it makes sense". Couldn't ask for a better set up for mechagnomes or Gilgoblins then this, and they deemed it as not making sense. So really, anything beyond now doesn't seem likely. Especially with the need for more allies seeming to die down and slow down with the factions getting ready for Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    You think so? I think at a glance you wouldn't even notice the difference between gilblins and goblins unless maybe it was a red one.
    Under armor you wont notice the difference between gnomes and mechagnomes.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The nightborne should make it clear that any amount of aid lent to a neutral race means diddly squat in deciding where they'll go in the future. Blizzard could easily make some questline where someone from the horde said something mean about the sethrakk so they all go alliance. Just like the nightborne going to the horde.
    Ehhh...

The story very clearly established the Horde as the friendlier faction for the night borne. The alliance used them as an alliance of convenience, the Horde actually treated them as equals.

The issue with the Sneks is that we assist a faction of the snek, and help destroy the other faction. Then off-screen (to horde) the Alliance come in and help a small section of the snek that lost and helped them reunite with the Horde side by sabotaging them. It's a bright shining spot of terrible story telling because you never learn what happens on the Horde side.