Can someone explain to me why almost everyone I ever play with really likes going stairs on Horizon attack? I've been sitting on Sigma, telling people I'm gonna go left and point (particularly if we have a brawl-y comp, because they set up on top and we force them to us, giving us time to position nicely etc etc it's my favourite strat for ladder and success within 2 fights is usual, more likely the first works though) and they literally just ignore me and go stairs. Usually just resulting in immediate frustration because the enemy has gone spammy comp with an Orisa and stairs just becomes a killbox.

Am I missing something or do people just not use their brains? Admittedly I am aware that 1 person doing something dumb is a mistake, and 6 people doing something dumb is a strategy, but it's the combination of ignoring me and doing something dumb that just really grinds my gears. Either way, eventually people go left unless we have a flanker go point and cause the 5 on stairs to push in into the enemies backs and get picks but the most likely result is a quick wipe, ult disadvantage and people getting angery react and making me mute them. That said my Sig still needs work so I don't expect to be climbing, I guess I just don't understand the reasoning that makes people think an extended push through a choke from the low ground is a sensible first tactic for point A.

I'm triggered. Had really good hooks in a game but people just didn't follow up on them.

Call it out when you hit the hook. How about pay attention and listen to when it connects or watch the battlefield? Most peoples reaction times are nowhere fast enough to react to me calling it out on voice. If they would actually pay attention to what's happening in the fights then it would be so easy to win but so many players need to have their hands held even though they're higher rating.

I don't want to be shoved in a game 300-500 SR below me because there is no other healer queuing.

I do not give a pigeon's feathery backside if those people have to wait longer, it is boring, annoying and frustrating to play the least impactful role through the rat league again for no reason.

So fucking done with comp until they fix doomfist. The game has never been as boring as it is now. He just jumps in and instagibs me when I'm playing support and the team is doing exactly nothing to stop him. When I'm playing tank I'm being pushed around like fuck by him around the whole fucking map like a fucking ragdoll.

This is just fucking boring. He's in almost every fucking game.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-09-06 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    So fucking done with comp until they fix doomfist. The game has never been as boring as it is now. He just jumps in and instagibs me when I'm playing support and the team is doing exactly nothing to stop him. When I'm playing tank I'm being pushed around like fuck by him around the whole fucking map like a fucking ragdoll.

This is just fucking boring.
    I think Doom's strengths are getting magnified by the fact it looks like the current meta is to run double shield (mostly Orisa/Sigma from what I've seen) which shuts out pretty much all your shooters, so Doomfist is like the only viable dive option while his counters are getting pushed out. Can't wait for Blizzard to implement a role lock within the role lock so only one tank can choose a shield tank because it's basically impossible to do enough dps to get rid of both shields at the same time while finding a kill on someone behind them with people like the hitscan DPS, like the only counter to double shield is Doomfist diving or Symmetra.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    I think Doom's strengths are getting magnified by the fact it looks like the current meta is to run double shield (mostly Orisa/Sigma from what I've seen) which shuts out pretty much all your shooters, so Doomfist is like the only viable dive option while his counters are getting pushed out. Can't wait for Blizzard to implement a role lock within the role lock so only one tank can choose a shield tank because it's basically impossible to do enough dps to get rid of both shields at the same time while finding a kill on someone behind them with people like the hitscan DPS, like the only counter to double shield is Doomfist diving or Symmetra.
    I'm not playing double shield comps. We're playing with 1 shield tank and dva/zarya/roadhog and doomfist is still stupid. Even if you hook him as roadhog, people will ignore killing him and due to his shields roadhog can't finish him off alone before he can get out of there again. They never should have reduced his cooldowns.

I'm not playing double shield comps. We're playing with 1 shield tank and dva/zarya/roadhog and doomfist is still stupid. Even if you hook him as roadhog, people will ignore killing him and due to his shields roadhog can't finish him off alone before he can get out of there again. They never should have reduced his cooldowns.
    Oh, that's just people being stupid and not focusing him when he should be. You can't base him being OP on people being stupid. I wouldn't say Pharah's OP because my team won't go hitscan, just that my dps are stupid.

5+ Year Old Account
    Got nothing against Sigma in general, but the amount of playing against a double shield combo is pretty annoying lately. Especially worse for some specific heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Oh, that's just people being stupid and not focusing him when he should be. You can't base him being OP on people being stupid. I wouldn't say Pharah's OP because my team won't go hitscan, just that my dps are stupid.
    When a character is so forgiving that you can mess up your positioning so bad that you get hooked by roadhog as a dps character and still get out of there with ease, the character is OP. Nobody but doomfist can survive a hook like that, they might survive the initial shoot + melee after the hook but they'll die to the second shot. Doomfist? Nah, his shields from using his abilities makes it really lenient to fuck up on him, you don't run a risk of dying if you fuck up like others do. It's just stupid as hell.

When a character is so forgiving that you can mess up your positioning so bad that you get hooked by roadhog as a dps character and still get out of there with ease, the character is OP. Nobody but doomfist can survive a hook like that, they might survive the initial shoot + melee after the hook but they'll die to the second shot. Doomfist? Nah, his shields from using his abilities makes it really lenient to fuck up on him, you don't run a risk of dying if you fuck up like others do. It's just stupid as hell.
    Reaper can too. Mei. Sombra with her translocater. A lot of the other ones just aren't going to be in range for his hook. Now, I'm not saying Doomfist isn't strong, I'm just saying you can't blame someone being OP because your team won't focus fire. That's your team being stupid, not Doomfist being OP. Doomfist could have higher cooldowns and he'd STILL get out because your team can't focus fire.

Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    the best part about DPS flaming is when ur Tanks are hammond+winston/dva and the Enemy has Orisa+rein or sigma so you are busy getting that shield down cuz ur "dive" tanks are not diving. majority of this game will never understand its the Tanks Job to create Space.. only then u are allowed to flame ur DPS
    I know right, I main hammond and get flamed for it straight away (gold). The other day we were duoing as a hammond and moira (I can understand the hammond hate, but moira? FML) , we both got flammed. Given it was my mates first placement game I said lets just swap to what they want Rein + Mercy. We got our arses handed to us and pushed right back to 0.7m defending king row; on the last section. So we said fuck it we're going hammond / moira again. Carried our arses off. Pushed the payload back to the check point, I took gold, him silver (granted he threw out one to many damage orbs) and him gold healing. Next round won it with ease playing those.

Not a single apology,

- - - Updated - - -

I player reaper, its dead easy to survive a road hog hook without wraith form. You just push into them straight away instead of trying to side step or back track.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

I did all my tank placement matches.

All of them, team did fuck all. We did okay until the enemy team noticed I was basically hard carrying, then had 3 people hard focus me including their lucio so one of their healers literally not healing, just to boop me so I can't get a decent angle because I'm getting juggle around. So no one else can kill the Lucio, no one else can kill the Reaper, sure as hell no one else can kill the damn Bastion because hey, just letting bastion set up and sit there is totally not a bad thing.

1st DPS placement. Still no signs of intelligent teammates.
    Last edited by DotEleven; 2019-09-06 at 06:52 PM.

My games? They're either very good or very bad - there doesn't seem to ever be any middle ground.

I feel they need to widen the definition of gameplay sabotage at this point.

A tank on our team picks dva.

Ok, Dva can be a solid pick depending on comp.

We see the enemy team, the enemy team have; Winston, Reinhardt, Mei, Symmetra, Moira and Brigitte.

WHY DO WE HAVE DVA VS THIS COMP? He won't switch. Claims she works fine vs this. This should just be cause for instant ban in comp to pick dva vs this.

Continuing on. Healer placements aren't doing any better. "They've got a Sym? Oh, just don't bother with her, not like her laser gets stronger the longer she's in a fight? Oh a Zarya? Nah, leave her up too, just make sure to blow up her shields first and then leave her alone when she has none. Bastion? Nah, we don't need to dislodge him."

How high rating do I need to get to for people to actually start picking mercy up if she gets killed? Everyone is just ignoring helping her get to the point faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylaman View Post
    How high rating do I need to get to for people to actually start picking mercy up if she gets killed? Everyone is just ignoring helping her get to the point faster.

10chars

Now with role queue it's more obvious than ever they need to revamp the SR system, you need to be able to lose SR when a match is won and gain SR when a match is lost. So many people who are obviously higher or lower than they should be if the system actually measured skill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aylaman View Post
    They'll never do that, doesn't matter what rating you are at. You need to play premade for that to happen.

Been busy with stuff. Just finished placement games (plat tho I don't think you can actually go below your last rank?).

My god I forgot how stupid Orisa is, I hate her entire gameplay of literally just sitting behind a shield. Double shield wouldn't be so bad with someone like Reinhardt. They need to increase the cooldown on her shield, its frustrating that once you finally break the shield she basically has another full health one ready. At least with Sigma I'm not seeing that much bunker as before. I don't mind playing Moira, I'm kinda bad at doing dps as a healer and its good not to feel like a healerbot from time to time.

- - - Updated - - -

Doomfist is not forgiving if you mess up. I think its just your team being dumb if they don't melt him once he is hooked or cced in some form. With Moira being a popular pick I just fade whenever I read a doomfist line in the subtitles, tell my teammates and they either melt him or he runs away with him not doing much. A good doomfist is incredibly frustrating tho, they can get easily two picks and run away with ult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I player reaper, its dead easy to survive a road hog hook without wraith form. You just push into them straight away instead of trying to side step or back track.
    Yeah but Reaper has 250 hp and self heals. Roadhog and DVA are basically health and ult batteries for Reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Been busy with stuff. Just finished placement games (plat tho I don't think you can actually go below your last rank?).

My god I forgot how stupid Orisa is, I hate her entire gameplay of literally just sitting behind a shield. Double shield wouldn't be so bad with someone like Reinhardt. They need to increase the cooldown on her shield, its frustrating that once you finally break the shield she basically has another full health one ready. At least with Sigma I'm not seeing that much bunker as before. I don't mind playing Moira, I'm kinda bad at doing dps as a healer and its good not to feel like a healerbot from time to time.

- - - Updated - - -

Doomfist is not forgiving if you mess up. I think its just your team being dumb if they don't melt him once he is hooked or cced in some form. With Moira being a popular pick I just fade whenever I read a doomfist line in the subtitles, tell my teammates and they either melt him or he runs away with him not doing much. A good doomfist is incredibly frustrating tho, they can get easily two picks and run away with ult.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but Reaper has 250 hp and self heals. Roadhog and DVA are basically health and ult batteries for Reaper.
    O_O

idk what SR you are playing at but roadhog and DvA counter the hell out of reaper with any kind of real team behind you.

1v1 its shoot hook shoot roadhog wins every time

DvA can boop him out of effective range and eat almost a full clip or an entire ultimate and all the healing on him from healers and self healing is gone while your team wrecks him