Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Not bashing on LFR players, im on the "idc if LFR exists or not" side, but dont come to me with the "they can be skilled players but they choose to do LFR cause time" crap, if they want to do LFR, good for them, but dont act like they "could" be good, you are either good or you arent, thats all there is.
    I only played LFR in BFA and in WoD because for me WoW is basically just a single player game these days, I dont bother to join guilds anymore to do what? Make me get some different loot for the same thing? No thanks sure, pixels are pixels.

Yet I still mannaged to clear all of the TBC, WoTLK, Cata and MoP content. I still think i could compeat with other mythic guilds if I bothered. Because WoW dosnt require much skill, how hard is it to learn a simple rotation and then read up on a boss? Not very.

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    Quote Originally Posted by Oholyknight View Post
    I have to admit,

Blizzard was correct. I did think I wanted Classic, I followed Classic news every single day and even took off work to play it on day 1. However, after playing to level 15 and putting about 15 hours into the game the nostalgia completely wore off.

Classic is not a good game. The mob mechanics are outdated with bad AI, the graphics are really really bad, the quests are so boring and bland (pick up x, kill z, talk to y) with no justification to be doing anything no cool story, the game design is horrible (quests sending you to an area and then walking back and then another quest sends you back to the area or having to go back and forth to deliver a letter to someone 5 feet away?), the UI elements are so lacking (no HP showing? Quest tracking inconsistent, node tracking inconsistent, etc), the game is slow for no reason (i.e. having to kill 55 boars for 4 livers?). Really it's so boring, there is no appeal to this game.

Anyway,
    I have to give it to Blizzard, I did forget how bad Classic actually was and I do say that retail is much better.

I suspect in the coming weeks the nostalgia will wear off for everyone (it seems to be already happening as full servers on day one are medium or low now) so players are dropping off like flies and this will just have been a big waste of development that could have been done to make retail much better.
    well than go and play retail. dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearlof View Post
    Yet I still mannaged to clear all of the TBC, WoTLK, Cata and MoP content. I still think i could compeat with other mythic guilds if I bothered. Because WoW dosnt require much skill, how hard is it to learn a simple rotation and then read up on a boss? Not very.
    From all that you mentioned, the only thing thats comparable to raiding nowadays is clearing ToT in MoP and Cata Ragnaros, everything else falls reaaaally short to current mythic raiding, and tbh thats still arguable cause everything that you mentioned from wotlk onwards had diff difficulties and people nowadays say "i completed the content" as in completing the raid in not even the highest difficulty, so i can only give you the benefit of the doubt.

Who cares? There are people out there who would rather play candycrush than wow because they find that game better.

Does not even matter what we think or say, classic and retail is out there for everyone who wants to play. Either one version or both.

You should not, we should not, care what others enjoy or dont enjoy. I dont moan to people who enjoy watching chess on tv for hours on end. I dont get it why they do, but apparently lots of people like it.

From all that you mentioned, the only thing thats comparable to raiding nowadays is clearing ToT in MoP and Cata Ragnaros, everything else falls reaaaally short to current mythic raiding, and tbh thats still arguable cause everything that you mentioned from wotlk onwards had diff difficulties and people nowadays say "i completed the content" as in completing the raid in not even the highest difficulty, so i can only give you the benefit of the doubt.
    Its basically just the same thing with more mechanics? WouW Must be hard to go install addons and read tactics for the boss fights. Cant imagine.

Then maybe Blizzard should just remove normal and HC. Keep LFR and mythic. One for 95% of the playerbase, 5% for the mythic ppl.

Its basically just the same thing with more mechanics? WouW Must be hard to go install addons and read tactics for the boss fights. Cant imagine.
    So you are saying that you cleared the content but not in the highest difficulty? please tell me im misunderstanding cause if thats the case then this is pointless.

yeah its the same formula as ever. Ged DBM addon, see youtube vid about fight. enter raid, fight until boss is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Then maybe Blizzard should just remove normal and HC. Keep LFR and mythic. One for 95% of the playerbase, 5% for the mythic ppl.
    No, people can raid the difficulty that suits them better, but you cant just go and say "this 9/9N player can definitely be on par with that hall of fame guy but he just doesnt have the time", its literally a stupid comparison.

So you are saying that you cleared the content but not in the highest difficulty? please tell me im misunderstanding cause if thats the case then this is pointless.
    In those expainsions yes, but again who cares really? ;-) Im not trying to convice you bro, Im just saying raiding is not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Yep, or the other way around, put a slider on it with 0-100 scale, and everyone can set the difficulty for themselves, and you get the appropriate loot.
    For example 100 is the intended Mythic difficulty, 0 is LFR. You go in a raid, set the bar for yourself and push your buttons.
    Want to raid with your elite folks?
    Just smoke a blunt, set the slider to 0, and laugh as they fail the mechanics while you out-dps them by a huge margin!
    /s

No, people can raid the difficulty that suits them better, but you cant just go and say "this 9/9N player can definitely be on par with that hall of fame guy but he just doesnt have the time", its literally a stupid comparison.
    Is it really? You really dont think I could go pick an average raider and give him ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD, so he didnt have to do anything else in his life than play WoW and yet he wouldnt succeed? Are you kidding me? WoW raiders aint that special.

Its not like mythic raiding requires players to perform 120% to kill the boss.

I bet you couldnt do the same with CSGO, LoL or DOTA2.

If blizzard was to remove Normal and Heroic I bet ya you would see way more mythics raiders. Because people just dont bother doing the same content on different difficulties just for other pixel items?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Retail is a 6 course meal with entree, 3 mains, 2 deserts.
    Except all those meals are cold

Is it really? You really dont think I could go pick an average raider and give him ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD, so he didnt have to do anything else in his life than play WoW and yet he wouldnt succeed? Are you kidding me? WoW raiders aint that special.

I bet you couldnt do the same with CSGO, LoL or DOTA2.
    Its not about being successful or not, its about wow having a low skill cap and yet the diff in the skill of raiders is insane, despite the low skill needed for wow itself, how is that hard to understand, logs are out there m8, everyone would parse 99+ if all raiders were so good, truth is they arent, and yes i agree most games out there require way more skill and reflexes while wow is about preparation and time investment while having the needed skill only.

Its not about being successful or not, its about wow having a low skill cap and yet the diff in the skill of raiders is insane, despite the low skill needed for wow itself, how is that hard to understand, logs are out there m8, everyone would parse 99+ if all raiders were so good, truth is they arent, and yes i agree most games out there require way more skill and reflexes while wow is about preparation and time investment while having the needed skill only.
    Can I tell you about my last 10 LFR runs I did? I was basically standing in the midle of everything being afk because I dont bother. The biggest thing here is that people dont bother to do higher difficulties. Why would I go raid 5 times a week to clear the same content as someone raiding 2 times a week and then just doing it in Heroic?

15+ Year Old Account
    Classic is like a session with your favorite BDSM buddy, pain, blood, sweat but pleasure in the end ~~

(Even if I'm still more for a remastered vanilla with some of the retail's improvements but it's dead now)

Can I tell you about my last 10 LFR runs I did? I was basically standing in the midle of everything being afk because I dont bother. The biggest thing here is that people dont bother to do higher difficulties. Why would I go raid 5 times a week to clear the same content as someone raiding 2 times a week and then just doing it in Heroic?
    Cause thats what they like? some people like doing LFR cause they can chill, others like the challenge of getting cutting edges, or even higher, getting hall of fame, up to them, im just saying the skill difference in raiders is there, that cant be denied cause logs exist and that alone separates the good from the bad to a certain extent.

Cause thats what they like? some people like doing LFR cause they can chill, others like the challenge of getting cutting edges, or even higher, getting hall of fame, up to them, im just saying the skill difference in raiders is there, that cant be denied cause logs exist and that alone separates the good from the bad to a certain extent.
    Of cause its there but I garantee you that if blizzard would make one kind of raiding a lot more players would do it and they would learn to do it. Every guy in the raid dosnt have to perform 120% to kill something on mythic difficulty.

I will admit if you want a more engaging and challenging experience which tests your "skills" retail is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Yep, or the other way around, put a slider on it with 0-100 scale, and everyone can set the difficulty for themselves, and you get the appropriate loot.
    For example 100 is the intended Mythic difficulty, 0 is LFR. You go in a raid, set the bar for yourself and push your buttons.
    Want to raid with your elite folks?
    Just smoke a blunt, set the slider to 0, and laugh as they fail the mechanics while you out-dps them by a huge margin!
    /s
    Thats not how it works. Players will just pick lowest difficulty as path of least resistance. Cleat content in LFR and quit. We ofcourse talk about majority of players. There is 0 inciative to do higher difficulty levels. I wish higher difficulty levels would have extra bosses or new raid wings to explore but no. It is same raid but harder.