Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Or you have no idea what you're talking about. Asmongold has a little over 100k people watching. Then there's a ridiculously long list of channels also streaming Classic because they're trying to jump on that hype train. A lot of them only have like 2-3 people watching. But when hundreds of channels are all streaming the same thing, it adds up. All it proves is that almost everyone wants a piece of the Classic streaming pie.
    You're the one who said the popularity was only because of Asmon and not Classic Wow, how does that explain away all the other viewers watching different Classic streams?

It has nothing to do with Classic being popular. It has everything to do with people worshipping Asmongold.
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2019-09-09 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    You're the one who said the popularity was only because of Asmon and not Classic Wow, how does that explain away all the other viewers watching different Classic streams?
    Most of those other Classic streams barely have anyone watching. A lot of them have NOBODY watching. A lot of channels have friends or dedicated followers who will watch no matter what the person is streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    It's been 2 weeks, Wow Classic is Still @ the Top.
    The data has proved you wrong.

So the facts are now that Wow Classic is the most popular game and will remain so.
    Just wait until Phase 2 drops, Classic hype is continuing.
    It's currently at 305k from the 1.2 million peak it is dropping. I was wrong about the time table.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Most of those other Classic streams barely have anyone watching. A lot of them have NOBODY watching. A lot of channels have friends or dedicated followers who will watch no matter what the person is streaming.
    Now you're just moving goalposts. It still has over 300k viewers right now.

But it still equals 300k overall and Asmon's viewership isn't even the majority.
    ...But he IS the majority. He has 100k people watching his stream. the next largest stream has less than 300 people watching.

Classic got a burst of viewer today because asmongold is running mc my guy. It was at 235k yesterday and was steadily dropping.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-09-09 at 06:18 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    LMFAOOOO

I just looked and the highest viewership for a retail wow stream at the moment that I could find is 278. That's 278 out of 273 THOUSAND viewers at the moment. If you think Retail viewership is what's keeping the WoW section number 1 on Twitch then sorry but you're delusional.
    its mostly because the popular streamers are playing classic because there has not been a new patch in retail, wont be long before classic is just a side game, classic will just be another boring version of wow in a short time

because popular streamers have viewers that watch no matter what game they play
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Classic got a burst of viewer today because asmongold is running mc my guy. It was at 235k yesterday and was steadily dropping.
    Classic got a burst during the week end with the ddos attacks, and most of the extra views cames from people who wanted to check Asmon freaking out.
    So we can we say Classic is popular, but not for the real reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a few factors that allow this to happen. First, there's no other big titles being released lately so there's no competition for WoW. We're kind of near the end of this drought and we're about to see some big titles rolling over the next 6 months, starting with Borderlands 3. Secondly, it's a new WoW. A lot of people forget that a decent chunk of PC gamers dipped their toes in vanilla/TBC back in the day before streaming became a known thing. It just so happens a lot of big name streamers have been going back to WoW and even though they might not have their typical 40k+ with them, bringing in 25k~ viewers makes a huge difference.

Don't expect this to last long on twitch, definitely once Cyberpunk 2077 comes out. In the end it doesn't really matter where WoW is on the twitch popularity votes, it won't influence how long I play classic.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    LMFAOOOO

I just looked and the highest viewership for a retail wow stream at the moment that I could find is 278. That's 278 out of 273 THOUSAND viewers at the moment. If you think Retail viewership is what's keeping the WoW section number 1 on Twitch then sorry but you're delusional.
    Views has nothing to do with sub numbers for retail or classic not sure what your smokeing but i want some!

...But he IS the majority. He has 100k people watching his stream. the next largest stream has less than 300 people watching.
    Asmon does not have 51% of WoW's current viewership on his channel. The majority is presently the 73% of WoW viewers who aren't watching Asmon's stream.
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2019-09-09 at 06:42 PM.

With all the data that's been collected... It's fact that Wow Classic is the #1 game right now.
    Maybe it'll set a record and be the #1 game for the most consecutive number of days.

I mean, this argument is kind of silly. Its not just because of Asmongold. Currently WoW has 317k viewers, and Asmongold is at 108k. The next most viewed game is Fortnite at 172k viewers. Even if every single one of Asmongold's viewers disappeared with him, WoW would still be #1 on twitch.

With all that being said, it doesn't really matter. I think the thing to note here is that Classic WoW was more of a success than most of us thought it would be. I am happy it is doing well, and I will be the first to say that while I thought I wasn't going to like going back to vanilla WoW, I really do. Retail can take a lot from this experience, and I hope it does for the better. I hope it learns that rare items need to be rare and epics need to actually be epic. I hope that questing becomes a true part of the experience instead of just being that thing that is keeping you from getting to the content. Etc. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    It practically is the same as a new expansion isn't it?

I mean it's old stuff, but I'm seeing all the same guild members who log in for a month at the start of every expansion and then they log off for two years.

We'll see how many people actually stick around after the first month. I suspect there'll be a lot of level 45 characters abandoned somewhere in the vicinity of the Hinterlands, along with the queues disappearing completely...

Yeah I think an expansion launch is a good analogy here.

what the hell is up with all the focus on twitch viewers when it doesnt matter ? people watching a game is lost players. The fact is that more people are watching classic then playing it themselves.

Retail has double the amount of full servers over classic, almost 3 times the amount of high pop servers and over 10 times more medium servers (EU - Start of peak hours). The vast majority of players are in retail. Twitch numbers mean nada

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    what the hell is up with all the focus on twitch viewers when it doesnt matter ? people watching a game is lost players. The fact is that more people are watching classic then playing it themselves.

Retail has double the amount of full servers over classic, almost 3 times the amount of high pop servers and over 10 times more medium servers (EU - Start of peak hours). The vast majority of players are in retail. Twitch numbers mean nada
    Twitch viewers doesn't matter?

The tripple A devs doesn't agree. Big streamers are offered $150K to stream the new Madden game.

So I guess viewers matters.

I don't get it. It's boring enough playing Classic and having to wand 20 things to death for every quest. Why would I want to watch someone else wand 20 things slowly to death?

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    Twitch viewers doesn't matter?

The tripple A devs doesn't agree. Big streamers are offered $150K to stream the new Madden game.

So I guess viewers matters.
    just like they paid for ads on tv.

Typical - This is VERY CLEARLY a thread entirely about Classic - its the only version of wow mentioned in the OP. Clearly a game vs game thread, and yet nothing is done, and mods even happily post in the thread, while closing anything even remotely close to negative about classic.

At the absolute very least, this should have been moved to the classic forum.

make that 15 days. never ever happened to WoW or any other Blizzard or Activision games before. in fact 15 days in a row no1 at all times probably only Fortnite managed.

it's pretty clear that Classic is the best expansion WoW ever had, weird lol.

hopefully this new cash will be used to make a better expansion than BfA