View Poll Results: Lockboxes - should rogues be allowed to roll "need" in a PUG dungeon group?

Voters
585. This poll is closed
  • Yes

132 22.56%
  • No

453 77.44%
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahaga View Post
    Can't twist my words friend. The Rogue literally cannot obtain the chest without the group. The group can clear the dungeon without the Rogue.
    And the group can't open the chest without the Rogue/BS/Engineer, yet were going to clear the dungeon anyways. Weird right? You were going to do something, and since there is one little tiny perk just because you have a Rogue/engi/BS you feel entitled to it.

If you have no rogue/engi/bs and complete the dungeon without opening a locked chess, there's no loss.
    If you have a rogue/engi/bs and they open a chess and get all the loot and you clear the dungeon, there's still no loss. However because there is one you feel like you deserve a piece of the pie. That's greed/Entitlement there, nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Adviceanon View Post
    That doesn't entitle you to the chest. If noone in the group can open it are you going to petition a gm to open it? Whoever has the means to obtain the loot from the chest, gets the chest.
    Nope, we roll on it and I unlock it with my Skeleton Key because I'm not a selfish prick.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    If loot pops up on the screen to be rolled on; and I want it, I'm rolling on it (Unless some previously established rule to which I agreed to at the runs beginning prevents me). Don't care if it came from a chest a rogue unlocked or not. Literally everything else in the chest is the rogues and I won't even bat an eye (I likely won't even notice as I'm not staring at the log; I'm starting the next pull). (EDIT: Meaning if the gear isn't popping up like a standard drop when dropped from a chest, it too, goes to the rogue and is up to them if they want to let the group roll on what they find).

I created the group to tank from start to finish. For the duration of that run, all gear drops will be subject to whatever loot rules we agree to. If any rogue joining my group disagrees with this, and instead prefers to wait for the run to be over, to then go back into the dungeon to unlock the chest that is entirely up to them, their business, and none of mine.

Lockboxes are different and fall into the realm of asking for a portal- you get a tip to compensate for your time and (if applicable) reagents. If you choose to open my lockbox for free (for skillups) then cool, I'll call you a nice person, thank you, and move along with my life.

If you refuse to open my box because you feel the tip is too low or feel entitled to its contents; then I will thank you for your time and, again; move right along with my life.

Not sure why this is such an issue, I don't even recall whining over lockpicking boxes in vanilla; at least not on Bleeding Hollow or Crushridge; feel like I was either lucky before, or this is a new thing specific to classic.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2019-09-09 at 08:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

That doesn't entitle you to the chest. If noone in the group can open it are you going to petition a gm to open it? Whoever has the means to obtain the loot from the chest, gets the chest.
    Are you going to solo the mobs around the chest to get to it?

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Smart Rogues know how to avoid this problem entirely. "My lockpicking isn't high enough."

Never say it's at 1. Always pick a number equal to half the appropriate skill needed and then add two. It gives the illusion that you've been working on it and reinforces your story.

Then wait for everyone to leave the dungeon and double back for the chest.

As for lockboxes, roll last. Do whatever a majority of the group does to maintain your innocence.
    Well now I know to kick a rogue out of the party that says this at the end of the dungeon then reset the instance

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Well now I know to kick a rogue out of the party that says this at the end of the dungeon then reset the instance
    If you're really bothered, you could require that they make the attempt in front of you, so that you can see the animation fail, or maybe even require a screesnhot of the error message, how far before the value is less than the effort? Surely not for a chest in SFK would we do this right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

"If I can't have it then no one can" every entitled person ever.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    Wait, do you think the poll is equal to locked chests? I voted No for the lock boxes. OP should have made voters visible.
    Exactly this, but I guess there is no point trying to explain simple concepts like that, he doesn't seem to grasp.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

"If I can't have it then no one can" every entitled person ever.
    No. It's "if they're not willing to share then they can go fuck themselves". I'm not asking for them to just immediately give ME whatever is in the chest. I'm asking that they give everyone, themselves included, a chance for the items with a roll. If you think that's entitlement then you obviously have no idea what the word entitlement means.

And the group can't open the chest without the Rogue/BS/Engineer, yet were going to clear the dungeon anyways. Weird right? You were going to do something, and since there is one little tiny perk just because you have a Rogue/engi/BS you feel entitled to it.

If you have no rogue/engi/bs and complete the dungeon without opening a locked chess, there's no loss.
    If you have a rogue/engi/bs and they open a chess and get all the loot and you clear the dungeon, there's still no loss. However because there is one you feel like you deserve a piece of the pie. That's greed/Entitlement there, nothing more nothing less.
    I'm laughing at how this was never the case in the history of WoW, but you selfish trolls have a way of twisting situations around to benefit yourself. That is the true commitment to being greedy, selfish, and an entitled brat. It's unreal the excuses some players make to hoard loot for themselves. Disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    because i can say that my skill is not high enough and then open the chest alone when dungeon is over
    Good luck with that. Most trash respawns fast enough that you wouldn't be able to do so.

The majority of people agree that rogues declaring locked chests as their "property" is a shitty move and will get them blacklisted. I absolutely would immediately remove any rogue in my group that pulled that shit. But whatever. I've said it several times and I'll say it again. Those rogues can do whatever they want. They just better not bitch on the forums when they can't get into groups down the line because their server reputation is trashed.
    Blacklisted by who, you? One guy, on a server with a hundred thousand unique users? Nobody will care or remember. If a rogue takes a locked chest, and someone bitches, unless it's the group leader people are just gunna move on. The majority need to get over their ridiculous entitlement. People aren't rolling for arcane crystals are they? No, they're not. The miner keeps them. What about hide of the beast? Is that rolled on? No, it's not. What about flask of the titans? A 1000g rare drop recipe. If an alchemist is in the group, and it drops, and he can use it, does he roll need? Yes. Even at the highest echelons the people of means to procure even the rarest materials keep their bounty and noone makes a peep. This whole lockbox and locked chest argument is petty and ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    you sacrifice levelling time money and do something very boring to level lockpicking

do you do those things to level your healing
    Gotta grind mobs and quests to get enough money for the next rank of a healing spell so that your abilities are more potent. So...to a degree....yes.

Nope, we roll on it and I unlock it with my Skeleton Key because I'm not a selfish prick.
    That is entirely your prerogative

Blacklisted by who, you? One guy, on a server with a hundred thousand unique users? Nobody will care or remember. If a rogue takes a locked chest, and someone bitches, unless it's the group leader people are just gunna move on. The majority need to get over their ridiculous entitlement. People aren't rolling for arcane crystals are they? No, they're not. The miner keeps them. What about hide of the beast? Is that rolled on? No, it's not. What about flask of the titans? A 1000g rare drop recipe. If an alchemist is in the group, and it drops, and he can use it, does he roll need? Yes. Even at the highest echelons the people of means to procure even the rarest materials keep their bounty and noone makes a peep. This whole lockbox and locked chest argument is petty and ridiculous
    You very clearly didn't play Vanilla and aren't actively playing Classic if you think that reputations don't matter. But it's cool. Some people just have to learn the hard way, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Good luck with that. Most trash respawns fast enough that you wouldn't be able to do so.
    2h is fast??

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Are you going to solo the mobs around the chest to get to it?
    Are you going to open it if the rogue won't?

I'm laughing at how this was never the case in the history of WoW, but you selfish trolls have a way of twisting situations around to benefit yourself. That is the true commitment to being greedy, selfish, and an entitled brat. It's unreal the excuses some players make to hoard loot for themselves. Disappointing.
    I won't be benefiting from the loot, I'm not a rogue/Engi/BS. And it's always been like this for me since I started playing, more often than not the person who can unlock it does ask if people would like to roll on it. That's them being nice and is appreciated.

You very clearly didn't play Vanilla and aren't actively playing Classic if you think that reputations don't matter. But it's cool. Some people just have to learn the hard way, I guess.
    Lmao did you even read my post. Do you think a retail baby knows what flask of the titans is?

Lmao did you even read my post. Do you think a retail baby knows what flask of the titans is?
    What a shit show that thing will be.