Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Remember Lady Liadrin?

Hey guys I was just chilling out, playing classic and getting up to date on my lore up to retail.

Remember Lady Liadrin? She was pretty great. Devout, heroic and utterly concentrated on the destruction of the scourge and later the Legion. Bright and focused on unity, and passionate about the light. That lady that was pretty fully redeemed, focused on teaching her people to embrace the light?

That neat lady who, in the Warlords of Draenor, worked with the Exarchs of Auchenai to help defend Auchindon and helped kill some pit lords and defend Shattrath? Who in the legion, joined the Knights of the Silver Hand and serves as the last line of defense against the death knights trying to steal the body of Tiron Fordring?

So yeah apparently in BFA, she orders horde adventurers to murder a non-combative Mistweaver who is in charge of a field hospital that is only there to treat severely wounded Kul Tiran civilians. Its not even a military target, she just randomly orders people to go murder a doctor treating civvies.

top notch

Quote Originally Posted by Kerias View Post
    Hey guys I was just chilling out, playing classic and getting up to date on my lore up to retail.

Remember Lady Liadrin? She was pretty great. Devout, heroic and utterly concentrated on the destruction of the scourge and later the Legion. Bright and focused on unity, and passionate about the light. That lady that was pretty fully redeemed, focused on teaching her people to embrace the light?

That neat lady who, in the Warlords of Draenor, worked with the Exarchs of Auchenai to help defend Auchindon and helped kill some pit lords and defend Shattrath? Who in the legion, joined the Knights of the Silver Hand and serves as the last line of defense against the death knights trying to steal the body of Tiron Fordring?

So yeah apparently in BFA, she orders horde adventurers to murder a non-combative Mistweaver who is in charge of a field hospital that is only there to treat severely wounded Kul Tiran civilians. Its not even a military target, she just randomly orders people to go murder a doctor treating civvies.

top notch
    Murdering an enemy healer, while cruel, may be necessary in times of war. My main problem with Liadrin in BFA is that she accepts Sylvanas as her leader, and is willing to send her Paladins into war against the Night Elves FOR NO REASON but to snuff out life and hope. All in the name of an undead maniac who hates anything that is good and pure.

I have absolutely no idea how Blizzard ever thought this kind of "faction conflict" would make any sense for classes like Paladin or Druid (and to a lesser extend: Shaman) on the Horde side...but apparently that was just not important enough as the entre War of Thorns thing was never meant to be more than a marketing hype to sell the box to Horde fanboys and then never follow it up with anything after that.

Blood Elves never were a part of the Horde to begin with. And Blood Knights, while a cool concept, were removed at the end of TBC in favour of standard Paladins of the Light - which do not befit Blood Elves at all. So Liadrin has always been a great misfit in any and all regards for me. But now, as a Paladin of the Holy Light fighting under the command of a rotting corpse....no, that is as low as it can get.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-09-10 at 01:59 AM.

That my friend, is the current state of the Lore department. Thats not the only inconsistency when it comes to WoW lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Murdering an enemy healer, while cruel, may be necessary in times of war. My main problem with Liadrin in BFA is that she accepts Sylvanas as her leader, and is willing to send her Paladins into war against the Night Elves FOR NO REASON but to snuff out life and hope. All in the name of an undead maniac who hates anything that is good and pure.

I have absolutely no idea how Blizzard ever thought this kind of "faction conflict" would make any sense for classes like Paladin or Druid (and to a lesser extend: Shaman) on the Horde side...but apparenaly that was just not important enough as the entre War of Thorns thing was never meant to be more than a marketing hype to sell the box to Horde fanboys and then never follow it up with anything after that.

Blood Elves never were a part of the Horde to begin with. And Blood Knights, while a cool concpet, were removed at the end of TBC in favour of standard Paladions of the Light - which do not befit Blood Elves at all. So Liadrin has always been a great misfit in any and all regards for me. But now, as a Paladin of the Holy Light fighting under the command of a rotting corpse....no, that is as low as it can get.
    You are partially true, though it is generally considered a war crime to target civilian hospitals. There would be a difference to me if this was a military hospital or outpost, but this is one that specifically existed for treating civilians. And she is very specifically supposed to be a follower of the -Light-, which, as a paladin main I'm pretty sure is morally opposed to murdering innocents.

I liked her better in BC before she became just a generic paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    They changed that before live. It’s an orc female now. Liadrin doesn’t do that one anymore.

top notch
    Wow, the person who willing tortured a naaru to empower her own forces and had no problem having shady blood magic golems on her side in Suramar isn't an upstanding and morally sound person? HoW OuT oF ChaRaCter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uses blood magic and literally enslaves a naaru.

OP: SHE WAS SOOO RIGHTEOUS BEFORE.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Uses blood magic and literally enslaves a naaru.

OP: SHE WAS SOOO RIGHTEOUS BEFORE.
    But she was redeemed by Velen himself at the end of BC (unfortunately, I really liked the concept behind OG blood knights).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Lady Liadrin debuted siphoning the life force from a Naaru to steal it's power. Sure, they later hand-waved it by saying the Naaru allowed it, but that doesn't change the fact that, in her own mind, torturing a sentient creature to increase her own power was an acceptable thing to do.

If anything, the generic Paladin she became after the Sunwell patch was the out of character moment, and murdering an innocent healer is the most Liadrin thing she's done since.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    It's not just her, Blood elves as a whole do this despite Sylvanas behaving almost exactly like Arthas in w3 when he steamrolled their city with no vaseline. Limp wristed cowards who'll go along with anything if they get a good deal out of it, almost as bad as the goblins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    It's not just her, Blood elves as a whole do this despite Sylvanas behaving almost exactly like Arthas in w3 when he steamrolled their city with no vaseline. Limp wristed cowards who'll go along with anything if they get a good deal out of it, almost as bad as the goblins.
    What is exactly the good deal they are getting from siding with Sylvie? Besides, if you haven't noticed, the "limp wristed" Lor'themar is right there on the front line against Lady Fishqueen, along with Jaina.

Furthermore, since we're discussing Liadrin (and paladin stuff by extension), there would be no contradiction in her wielding legit Light powers in service of Sylvanas - as long as she's convinced that it's the right way.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-09-10 at 03:12 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    she orders horde adventurers to murder a non-combative Mistweaver who is in charge of a field hospital that is only there to treat severely wounded Kul Tiran civilians.
    What's wrong with that? The healer would heal alliance that would then go on to kill horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    What is exactly the good deal they are getting from siding with Sylvie? Besides, if you haven't noticed, the "limp wristed" Lor'themar is right there on the front line against Lady Fishqueen, along with Jaina.

Furthermore, since we're discussing Liadrin (and paladin stuff by extension), there would be no contradiction in her wielding legit Light powers in service of Sylvanas - as long as she's convinced that it's the right way.
    Blood Elves don't need to believe they are using Light for good, they get their powers directly from the Sunwell. They could use the Light to burn puppies to death if they wanted.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    They could use the Light to burn puppies to death if they wanted.
    Any Paladin can do that, as long as he/she it truly believes that it's in the name of a good cause. The Sunwell has nothing to do with it, you are stuck with the OG blood knights mindset, just that you replaced the Naaru with the Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    That my friend, is the current state of the Lore department. Thats not the only inconsistency when it comes to WoW lore.
    Can't write stories for everyone so it is easier for them to force them into one narrative for one faction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    c i v i l i a n s
    Meh, I'm sure the healer would have healed troops too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Any Paladin can do that, as long as he/she it truly believes that it's in the name of a good cause. The Sunwell has nothing to do with it, you are stuck with the OG blood knights mindset, just that you replaced the Naaru with the Sunwell.
    It isn't ...exactly like M'uru. M'uru was a living being imprisoned and having his life force siphoned. The Sunwell was made from his remains and is a limitless fountain of holy and arcane energy. It's a lifeless thing now. Its a lot less vampiristic than it used to be, but there is still nothing is stopping the Blood Elves from using the Sunwell for evil, just like M'uru. They don't draw their power from faith. Even Blood Elf Warlocks can have the golden eyes that comes from using the Sunwell's holy energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    c i v i l i a n s
    World Of Warcraft mentality of nations is pre WW2 mostly medieval.

Civilians are as a legit legit target during that time. 21st century morals that we thankfully live by have no place in wow. Civilians in that era (which wow is based on) civilians are just enemies that were too slow to pick up a weapon.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    World Of Warcraft mentality of nations is pre WW2 mostly medieval.

Civilians are as a legit legit target during that time. 21st century morals that we thankfully live by have no place in wow. Civilians in that era (which wow is based on) civilians are just enemies that were too slow to pick up a weapon.
    This. All these human paladin RP'ers are funny with this "b-b-b-but muh wmds adn teh civvies omg /wrists" while at the same time being totally OK with following a retarded king because that's what is the proper thing to do in a monarchy... and an absolute one on top