lvl revamp
    levels halved
    new talent every 10 levels
    stances/auras/totams/aspects/chakras might return
    more control in player hands
    black empire invasions
    early access to talon guard class
    new cap 65
    intro like demon hunter where we follow black prince and are the talon guards spoken to by the PC during questing (had to change name of npcs when we first thought of this)

dragon isles are moving and flying hidden by powerful dragon spirits from most flights
    idea is we must unite the races of azeroth
    we will lose A LOT of battles
    8+ dungeons
    2 raids planned for launch
    WF system improved
    IE system renamed as we will be exploring old black empire areas defeating final boss
    WF/TF reworked to a slight rng+currency system
    returning characters
    helya
    klaxxi
    nozdormu (noruzond)
    mekkatorque

no new rental abilities because of backlash
    Sounds average enough to be legit.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    8.3 final raid
    12 bosses
    wraps up the faction issues and brings old gods to front
    true use of heart of azeroth and purpose revealed

revamp
    lvl revamp
    levels halved
    new talent every 10 levels
    stances/auras/totams/aspects/chakras might return
    more control in player hands
    black empire invasions
    early access to talon guard class
    new cap 65
    intro like demon hunter where we follow black prince and are the talon guards spoken to by the PC during questing (had to change name of npcs when we first thought of this)

dragon isles are moving and flying hidden by powerful dragon spirits from most flights
    idea is we must unite the races of azeroth
    we will lose A LOT of battles
    8+ dungeons
    2 raids planned for launch
    WF system improved
    IE system renamed as we will be exploring old black empire areas defeating final boss
    WF/TF reworked to a slight rng+currency system
    returning characters
    helya
    klaxxi
    nozdormu (noruzond)
    mekkatorque

no new rental abilities because of backlash
    So I'm guessing the intro for the new class would be starting with him recruiting us and somehow making us a class and how many specks are there

D dragon isles thing kind of makes sense because we recently learned that tightens blessed dragons before the aspects

The talent system is also kind of interesting because in a way we already have six talent Rose and the returning abilities would definitely be nice my paladin would really enjoy having his seals back and my monk would love to actually be a fist Weaver instead of having to use one talent that kind of makes it work

A dragon themed class definitely makes more sense than a tinker and not abandoning the planet to go fight some kind of ghost war is also more realistic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Sounds average enough to be legit.
    if the change to war forging and titanforging is based on what I think it would be with the whole RNG plus currency system

Kind of like you can get a trinket now out of Ella for that would be 400 but it could still warforged and titanforged up to the highest level but you would use something like Titan Residuum to get the full upgrade and maybe extend that to tertiary stats and sockets

where is centrally you will be able to have best in slot gear and it will just require dedication which would probably piss off raiders but at the same time it would give players more of a reason to stay logged in and stay playing which would help blizzard and their numbers game right now

Us losing a fight is something that I really want to happen as well because we aren't facing just some random overpowered mage we aren't facing a remnant of the Queen's power we aren't facing some angry lady that got turned into a monster we are facing an old God a being of such an immense power that once they were sealed the remnants that we thought of the other ones were simply a small fraction of their full strength and the possibility of them returning is also still there

The klaxxi have a new volatile empress so that could be one dungeon I wouldn't say that we need to kill her in a dungeon but we probably would and she could be the main vanguard for the old gods

then you look at the lich King and unlike a battle in the realm of death he actually has a part to play in the rise of the black empire because northrend has a bunch of old God's servants there and he has the scourge and he has his powers from a servant of the legion who is in enemy of the old gods but at the same time his entire Castle is made from the blood of an old God

I'm definitely more interested in what this class would be like because compared to all of the tinker crap that we get I really think this one could be fun

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    new cap 65
    If they really are doing a level squish, the new cap will probably be 60. It's such an iconic number, representative of a fresh start and the beginning of a new adventure. No way in hell Blizzard isn't going to use this to their advantage in terms of marketing, hype, etc.

One thing is for certain though, it definitely won't be an uneven number.

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    If they really are doing a level squish, the new cap will probably be 60. It's such an iconic number, representative of a fresh start and the beginning of a new adventure. No way in hell Blizzard isn't going to use this to their advantage in terms of marketing, hype, etc.

Either that or 70(or some other number 10 higher than what BfA ends up at). Blizzard commented on that after MoP, saying that 5 level jumps "don't feel good".

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Either that or 70(or some other number 10 higher than what BfA ends up at). Blizzard commented on that after MoP, saying that 5 level jumps "don't feel good".
    Let's be honest here, did any level up in BfA feel good? Or did it have any impact to you? For me it hadn't (besides the horrible scaling issues when you went from 115 to 116 - but besides that).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post

Well I mean if they really are essentially halfing levels then 65 for a new cap would kind of make sense

like the base raids and maximum base dungeons would be level 30 then TBC through wrath of the lich King leveling would be 30 to 40 then cata and mists would be 40 to 50 then WOD and legion would be 50 to 55 with BFA being 55 to 60 and the new expansion being another five levels

While I do agree that 60 is iconic you would have to make leveling really awkward and then you would also have to make the way the trades function fairly awkward as well which is probably already going to be a problem in terms of cataclysm no matter the level squish system

They have done an uneven number for a level cap for and technically for 2 expansions the level cap was raised by an odd number

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Let's be honest here, did any level up in BfA feel good? Or did it have any impact to you? For me it hadn't (besides the horrible scaling issues when you went from 115 to 116 - but besides that).
    This level squish does have the potential of making levels meaningful again because I am currently leveling a new character and I do have a ton of heirlooms but being able to get a level every dungeon doesn't really feel that rewarding especially considering the last ability that I got outside of a talent was around 78 and that is the last ability that my character learns

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I mean they also claim that titanforging feels good so hopefully opinions change

C'mon blizz give as a build.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Actually, I'd argue 65 levels after the squish makes a lot more sense than 60.

The biggest problem with the squish is that it's going to be confusing to a lot of players, especially those who don't really follow the news all that much and might be taken by surprise by the announcement or even the expansion's release. The best way to counter that issue would be to have a very simple and straight-forward formula for the squish, so that it's fairly easy to understand for a lot of players.

This is especially true if you factor in the fact that ALL levels are going to be squished and thus the formula has to make sense for every single level, not just 120.

Now, dividing the current levels by 2 is probably the simplest thing they can do, so the scenario in which we go from 120 to 60 and then add 5 more levels from the next expansion is actually quite a feasible one.

First thing - why 5 levels and not 10? Well, they might want to slow down the level increase per expansion to avoid getting to high levels too fast and having to do another squish. Adding only 5 levels per expansion helps with that. Besides, the whole point of a squish would be to make more levels feel meaningful, right? One would assume that this goes for the "new" levels as well and thus having less "new" levels means that it's easier to make them interesting or even ask people to wait for the max level talent row without feeling like going through another big gap with no progression from leveling.

As for 60 being the max level after the squish and the next expansion... that would require us to go from 120 to 50/55 first, which makes the math complicated and the whole system difficult to understand; like - if you had a character at level 111, where will you be after the squish?

To answer that, you have take a calculator and do some math and even if you do, the squish will feel weird, because the math will produce some pretty weird numbers that won't feel natural. Like, if we go with the example above and assume that we're squished to 55, you'd end up at around level 50 and 87,5% experience into level 51. Imagine opening up the game and seeing your character making that transition - it doesn't feel very intuitive, does it?

But... if we squish to 60, you will be at around level 55 and 50% to 56. Obviously they'll probably count the experience points, so the final numbers will be slightly different, but they should be very close to what you would expect based on a little bit of quick head math and thus feel a lot more natural. And this matters a lot, because it will make it much easier for people to accept the squished level numbers.

Thus, even though having us level up to 60 again would have some nice symbolical value, I'd argue that it's far, far more important that something like a level squish is conducted in a way that's intuitive to the players, because the last thing Blizzard needs is people coming up with some weird controversies (e.g. "Blizzard stole my experience in the squish!") and confusion threads instead of talking about the expansion's actual features.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2019-09-10 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    if the change to war forging and titanforging is based on what I think it would be with the whole RNG plus currency system

Kind of like you can get a trinket now out of Ella for that would be 400 but it could still warforged and titanforged up to the highest level but you would use something like Titan Residuum to get the full upgrade and maybe extend that to tertiary stats and sockets
    This would be a perfect compromise with the ones who hate the system and the ones who "like it" or don't care about it. I find it "perfect"

But if your piece is from HC it can only go up 10ilvl, staying 5ilvl behind the base of Mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    the last thing Blizzard needs is people coming up with some weird controversies (e.g. "Blizzard stole my experience in the squish!")
    They already stole my fucking Honour going from Legion to BfA. What's one more thing?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

They already stole my fucking Honour going from Legion to BfA. What's one more thing?
    I'm not a PvP player, what do you mean? I thought they summed up Honor across all your chars and made ot account-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I'm not a PvP player, what do you mean? I thought they summed up Honor across all your chars and made ot account-wide.
    Oh they added up the Honour, all right. But before I could start earning new items, I'd first have to grind to get past items I've already unlocked.

I hope the level squish (whenever it happens) is coupled with a world revamp that covers the entire 1-Max Level experience. Then they just put every past expansion in the Caverns of Time as optional leveling content and a way to get old appearances and achievements with options for Max level characters to scale down or solo as they choose.

Essentially I'm hoping for a new leveling experience that gives each zone its own story again (rather than every zone being about the Cataclysm) and making every zone relevant at Max level too. This time either completely redesigning the world from the ground up, or taking us to a new world. I know it would take a massive amount of work, and I wouldn't expect a whole world revamp all at once, but it's still what I'd hope to see. I especially think it could work if the Black Empire returns and we slowly cleanse the world over the course of an expansion or something.

Probably just dreaming though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah quote me and comment about the subject but keep your elf shenanigans and cult stuff in the other thread, or at least not with me
    If you can't handle a comparison just because it happens to mention elves then maybe just don't reply at all. I'm not here to babysit anyone's feelings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    If you can't handle a comparison just because it happens to mention elves then maybe just don't reply at all. I'm not here to babysit anyone's feelings.
    Again, if you want to talk about your elf stuff go to your cult threat, its there for a reason.

*Further Mutated Trolls
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, if you want to talk about your elf stuff go to your cult threat, its there for a reason.
    Yeah so sensitive people don't get butthurt over terms in a fictional world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    *Further Mutated Trolls
    lol /10char

I'd argue that levels are a lot more impactful to how people VIEW their character progression than Honor or raw stats (though obviously in the practical sense it probably means less).

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah so sensitive people don't get butthurt over terms in a fictional world.
    not rlly sensitive, but pretty sure the thread is about speculation about 8.3 and later, not elf delusions

7+ Year Old Account
    not rlly sensitive, but pretty sure the thread is about speculation about 8.3 and later, not elf delusions
    you realize you're the one continuing to mention the "elf topic" yes? I have been commenting on your sensitivity about it. If you want to stop seeing posts about in here probably follow your own advice and take it to a "cult thread".

EDIT:

yeah you keep derailing the topic, to stay with the final word, rly boring.
    - blames others for trying to get in final word, proceeds to continue getting in final word -
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2019-09-10 at 03:46 PM.