Thread: [TV] Titans

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Best superhero show I have ever watched. My expectation was low since the show was ridiculed when photo was leak and the trailer didn't help raise it back but, omg, this is everything I could have wish from a Titan show and so much more. And this is only the first season. Please, DC Universe streaming service, do well and keep doing since stuff like this.

Also, who put post credit scene after a TV show, I almost missed it.
    Last edited by Zequill; 2019-01-13 at 06:10 PM.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a huge fan of Deathstroke's design. The armour is ok, but the helmet looks more like Deadshot, imo.

Glad to see Raven looking a bit more like Raven, though.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    So the first episode of the new season was ok, I give it about a B-. The Trigon CGI wasn't terribly great to be honest and his part of the storyline was wrapped up pretty quickly as I expected. Some nice character moments but it wasn't near the best episode the show has had yet. Here's hoping the season gets better as Deathstroke comes into the picture.
    This episode struggles from a wierd and to s1 imo. I totally dont think any of the Trigon stuff needed to be in this episode. If it was me I probably would have ended s1 where Raven goes to face off against her dad with her walking out of the dust cloud as the first shot of s2.

At least everyone is in the place they need to be for this season now, we dont have to spend a couple of episodes shuffling around doing nothing, waiting for a story to actually start.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    This episode struggles from a wierd and to s1 imo....
    Agreed. It’s like some suit somewhere threw a monkey wrench into the s1 ending and all S2E1 ended up being was a quick wrap up to Trigon because reasons and moving the pieces into place for S2.

Also perhaps it’s just me, but I don’t recall once hearing anyone mention Titans AT ALL in season 1, and I’m sure they got name dropped 4-5 times this episode before, well, the in your face part of it all.

Perhaps that’s just a result of said monkey wrench: season 2 was going to go in a different direction than initially planned.

s02e01 was the worst episode. This show was so great in S1, but gradually ended up with this horrible plot in the end, and I felt everything fell apart

Really hope they get a good plot and story for the rest of S2, cause it was one of the superhero shows I could actually watch and like

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    s02e01 was the worst episode. This show was so great in S1, but gradually ended up with this horrible plot in the end, and I felt everything fell apart

Really hope they get a good plot and story for the rest of S2, cause it was one of the superhero shows I could actually watch and like
    pretty sure that s2ep1 was actually supposed to be the season finale of season 1. makes more sense. im interested in seeing what happens from this week forward.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    pretty sure that s2ep1 was actually supposed to be the season finale of season 1. makes more sense. im interested in seeing what happens from this week forward.
    Agreed. They use to do that sorta stuff 10 years ago, end seasons on cliff hangers, but it had fallen out of fashion cos most people hate that or aren'ta s interested next time round..so I wonder why they did it this way.

Usually they air the finale in the season it ends these days, or ship it as a special a little later. Maybe they had some issues with original planened scheduling and didn't expect it to be so popular?

Darn, Episode 2 is slow... This works much better as a binge watch.

But when are they going to bring "Connor" aka Superboy into the framework? It was his suspension tank they showed us at the end of Season 1, yet it's episode 2 and no sign of it.

I thought Corrie and Donna were really cool in the second episode. I have no idea of Dove and Hawke are intended to be full time titnas, but it looks that way.

Oh and Slade Wilson has a daughter? In Arrowverse he had a son, did they gender swap? or is Rose Wilson another character? Young Justice I think had more of that involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Darn, Episode 2 is slow... This works much better as a binge watch.

But when are they going to bring "Connor" aka Superboy into the framework? It was his suspension tank they showed us at the end of Season 1, yet it's episode 2 and no sign of it.

I thought Corrie and Donna were really cool in the second episode. I have no idea of Dove and Hawke are intended to be full time titnas, but it looks that way.

Oh and Slade Wilson has a daughter? In Arrowverse he had a son, did they gender swap? or is Rose Wilson another character? Young Justice I think had more of that involved.
    Slade has 3 kids iirc,Rose is the youngest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Slade has 3 kids iirc,Rose is the youngest.
    The most annoying thing about the whole comic book hero stuff is that there are so many different continuities and every iteration,movie, comic or series is something else ... I find this annoying and confusing.

i'm not a die hard fan able to keep track of all the changes and versions.. rather than mess it up, I wish they'd just use different heroes instead of keep changing the hero.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    The most annoying thing about the whole comic book hero stuff is that there are so many different continuities and every iteration,movie, comic or series is something else ... I find this annoying and confusing.

i'm not a die hard fan able to keep track of all the changes and versions.. rather than mess it up, I wish they'd just use different heroes instead of keep changing the hero.
    I certainly feel your pain on this angle. You have any iteration of teen titans and people clamor for Judas contract. You have Jason Todd and people expect him to die.

Aside from good writing of course, most people didn’t really have a handle on what to expect from, say, Doom Patrol, so they were able to go in without expectations except for perhaps a Grant Morrison spin, which I think they pulled off well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I certainly feel your pain on this angle. You have any iteration of teen titans and people clamor for Judas contract. You have Jason Todd and people expect him to die.

Aside from good writing of course, most people didn’t really have a handle on what to expect from, say, Doom Patrol, so they were able to go in without expectations except for perhaps a Grant Morrison spin, which I think they pulled off well.
    I don't expect the hidden part for Jason. He is such a delight. What I want is for Raven to say (or rather scream) Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Defeating Trigon would have been the perfect moment for that:

Omg they made Aqualad white? Why? I expected him to be black like Young Justice or Samoan

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, they killed him, that's why! Anyway they should have swapped actors. Spade's son Jericho should be aqualad, and the actor who played Aqualad should have played Jericho.

Anyway, it no longer matters.

New season is painfully slow, not sure once a week was the right way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Aqualad was originally a white character, actually.

My wife and I have decided to binge watch shows we like, like Titans, rather than wait each week for another episode. So we won't be watching this season until it's actually done.
    That's a good choice tbh, I think I will follow suit.

And @ravenmoon .. what's wrong with Aqualad being white?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Omg they made Aqualad white? Why? I expected him to be black like Young Justice or Samoan

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, they killed him, that's why! Anyway they should have swapped actors. Spade's son Jericho should be aqualad, and the actor who played Aqualad should have played Jericho.

Anyway, it no longer matters.

New season is painfully slow, not sure once a week was the right way to go
    One a week is deeply annoying... not quite as annoying as Neflix's 5min long title sequences... but nearly.

Anyone else notice the SFX were all over the place again?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    That's a good choice tbh, I think I will follow suit.

And @ravenmoon .. what's wrong with Aqualad being white?
    It was just surprising that's all. You can understand why I thought he would be samoan/native american or black.

I don't know if the Garth here in Titans is linked to the movvie-verse.. if he is, then he would be the son of Aquaman's brother - i don't know the comics at all, so i don't even know if Aqua lad is the son of Aquaman or just a really gifted atlantean.

I would have liked to see him in the current team, that episode was very ambiguous as to his future. And nothing online that I've seen has reveaeled any spoilers.

10+ Year Old Account
    This episode was fucking awesome, can't wait for Krypto to be part of the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Okay, when season 2 started, I thought it was average at best, a bit slow like some of the marvel ones on netflix started off, expecting you needed a chain watch like in season 1.

However after watching a few episodes of the arrowverse group of shows, this is looking so much better. Either that or I've changed a bit or the quality has definitely improved. Surprisingly impressed with tonight's episode on Jericho, I'm a bit sad I am not waiting till it's all done. But I did manage to chain watch 2 episodes, which would otherwise have been frustrating if I had to wait another week for more.

I agree with everyone here who says wait till it's all out. Much better chain watching.

Titans Season 2 finished, but I didn't enjoy it as much as season 1 on the one hand, but felt it was better than season 1 in a lot of ways, it just needed more..action?.

It was really cool to have Donna Troy play a much larger role, and see Connor, superboy join in . I also thought that the emotional and pyschological play and the exploration of morality, was good on the one side.

But it also felt a little flat and long too, maybe my impression would have been different if i had watched them all in one go, saving it for when it came out on netflix.

I would like to see Aqualad, Jericho and Wondergirl play a large role next season, they actually seem a lot more exciting and mysterious.

Although we saw more of Rachel and Starfire's powers, they weren't on the level of season 1.

Deathstroke fight scene was a bit dodgy in the final episode too, I mean, Nightwing is beginning to kick his ass, then all of a sudden can't seem to land a punch, did he run out of steam?

Cadmus' role was interesting, when I compare it to Young Justice, I think they did well on Cadmus, with evil British Lesbian mum leader/director.

To be honest I kinda think the Season 2 feels like half of a season rather than a full one, now the titans have got their shit together, a bigger more super threat should emerge that requires them all puplling together, we see some thought dead coming back, and we lose some again.

There are two many characters to manage for a 13 episode season focus, which is why i feel, that at any one arc or segment, the focus should only be on a handful, with others playing bit roles until the arc switches, and they can get s hine.

for next season, we don't have to have all the titans doing something, some can be away, can come back. You don't have to have permanent deaths either, it's easy to pull some out of play, Aqualad thought dead, was actually recovering in Atlantis, you know, cos he's Atlantean, returning in season 3, Wondergirl out for most of season 3 on Thamascara.. Deathstroke super soldier can heal, and rerutns in season 3, but not as a main villain, but for an interesting arc with his children.

I think Hank and Dawn (aka Hawk and Dove) should take a break for season 3 too.

My preferred line up for season 3 would be:

Nightwing
    Robyn
    Superboy
    Aqualad
    Gar
    Starfire
    Rachel
    Rose
    Donna
    Robyn

Characters that are a lot of fun:
    Robyn (Jason Todd ) and Rose
    Jericho
    Connor
    Starfire
    Rachel
    Garr
    Donna

Characters not so much fond of
    Hank
    Dove (although I do kinda like Dove)

Special powered characters I definitely want to see more:

Aqualad
    Rachel
    Starfire

Connor
    Donna

Those 5 have super powers

I like Robyn/Nightwing & Rose because they are just exceptionally good (Rose is a little enhanced, but not super powered), enough to qualify.

Gar should have more than just changing into a Tiger, but I like his character too, I thought he was a bit useless in season 1, but he grew on me in Season 2.

I liked the Connor /Garth dynamic.

Best Feature about Titans Season 2:
    It didn't feel like a PC, SJW forced rubbish crap this is despite having characters of several ethnicities, lesbian characters, strong female characters etc, it just felt like a reflection of our world, without all the socio-political b/s dominating a lot of current media projects. But maybe that's because they didn't try to replace nightwing with a female version or raise one of the female leads in his place or make him gay to please the LGBT crowd.. it felt like they were telling a titans story, everyone was good for who they were, not what gender they were or who their sexual preferences were.

Worse Feature about Titans Season 2
    It didn't feel like it was enough, the end felt like the season was finally getting together for the bigger danger. This actually isn't a good thing to have, I felt it could have used another 9 odd episodes where more serious stuff hits the fan now that identity crises is over, even though everyone still has their issues.

Characters Representing Groups

Okay, this is what I think each character represents in the social-political scale

Nightwing: Your all American boy scout, with anger issues, had a tough life, dealt with it, does the right thing
    Hank: Most 18-45 year old American WHITE males, in their prime, messed up, but think they're decent, done the drug thing, and issues, come out of it, saved by a relationship, but a bit damaged and it costs them, but still turns around to do the right thing. (most American white males)
    Rachel: The goth female teen - into supernatural occultic stuff etc, messed up family, Rachel is their fantasy of the super version of themselves
    Gar (Garfield): Goth male version that's not all weird - more like a half Garth, westerner far east Asian with the green hair, altogether a decent guy, good morals, and often underestimated but will actually always be their for his friends, and usually the most sane despite how messed up.
    Donna Troy - what every girl wants to be...she is smart, sexy, strong, and does the right thing, - you all American super girl
    Dove: Your girl next type, very pretty, but also kind, knows right from wrong and does it, but is also not in your face shovy or pushy, and has the troubled boyfriend
    Rose: Your rebellious teenage girl, bad girl streak, but really is a good girl deep down.
    Jason Todd: Your rebellious, dangerous bad boy, anger issues, messed up, full of himself, will stick it to you, but also wants to do the right thing, hungry to prove himself, and cocky, but also real.
    Connor: Your dumb but intelligent clueless hunk. All round super, much smarter than he looks, but also quite clueless at the same time, while his situation is a bit unique, you don' thave 13 day old people with implanted genetic emories and uploaded education rooaming around, he sort of reminds you of those 15-16 year old guys that seriously look like they're 25-27, they look mature, but they're not, they're kids.
    Starfire: Your black ethnic girl, despite her being from another planet, she really has the fire and temperament of most black people I know. She's actually quite cool, and I found myself really liking her more. She was probably one of my least loved characters when she was first introduced, but by the time the girls leave Ecco, she's one of my favourite.
    Jericho: He is more representative of kids with troubled families, single mum, abandoned dad (regardless of ethnicity).
    Your ethnic latino hero, this may have been done for diversity, and I'm not sure much ethnicity plays into Jericho, but he reminds me of your Christian/Catholic latino dude. Good boy, does the right thing, but isn't a push over either.
    Aqualad (Garth): Your rich privileged white dude. Even though we only focused on him for 1 episode - he is the dude. Mid to late twenties, handsome, successful/rich but responsible white dude. Probably use to getting what he wants, and very charming

Best Villain:
    Deathstroke was incredible as a villain, he was really strong (perhaps too strong, but it had the right amount of danger), the right amount of "i'm f***ing with you" in your head and in your mind, He was a well written villain, from his motive, the way the situation was set up, and how it was unveiled that he had a thing against the titans.

It was also nice that it wasn't necessarily, "hey, I'm an evil dude and I just do evil things because that's who I am", Trigon in season 1 represented that quite well because he's a demon. That's what he is, but deathstroke is human and is messed up, and a fateful incident started the feud with the titans. It felt very realistically done, which is rare for super-heroed stuff.

My Conclusions:
    The best way to watch titans is watch Season 1 and Season 2 in a stretch. And watch it on Netflix, I think season 1 has the sort of action I craved for at the end of season 2 when I said it needed 9 more episodes, and season 2 has the depth and exploration of social dynamics of a gang of good people who all have a lot of issues, like most of us, but still come together to do the right thing.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-11-30 at 11:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this was season 2. It was so much better than season 1 imo.
    But again what's up with Titans and their season finales? S1 finale felt weird and that's because it was cut in halft just to later resume in episode 1 in S2.
    And now with the season 2 finale again it felt like it was originaly ment to be 2 episodes edited down to just 1. Deathstroke and Superboy being taking care of within the first 30 min felt rushed. THen the other 20 min was just... bad. And why kill Donna in that lame way? Felt really forced so maybe she didn't want to/didn't have time to be on the show anymore. But they could have killed her of in a better way...