Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Isn't cheetah 20% slower than a mount, though?
    Yes, but it's instant cast whereas a mount has a 3 second cast timer. Cheetah is technically faster unless you are travelling distances longer than I think it's 24 seconds [which you will if you are cross zoning it for sure]. But I don't see any reason to drop 100g when I could just put it toward my 1000g instead.

farmed the cages in the water in desolace, next to shadowprey village.

about 10g/hour and some exp as well

Haven't played yet. In real vanilla though (back in 2005), I had the gold to get the mount at 40 immediately. Really not sure what I did. I think I got a little lucky that someone traded me 10-15g. On unofficial servers, I would get it at 41, but I also trained all the skills, soh, I guess being frugal (with buying spells) would be the way to get it at 40, in combination with farming rock elementals.

Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    Nah. I'm a druid. Mounts do not concern me; I'm a cheetah byahhhh! I will save for the epic mount instead.
    Yep same here. The speed difference is not that high and cheetah is instacast. No brainer.

For others, tips: play mage and be rich as you'll spam dungeons ad noseam. Got a 30ish mage with over 100g in guild just doing this. You are the only wanted class dps for pugs all the way to 60 anyway.

Other tip: solo SFK. You make 4g per run (30min for me as bear) + extra if twink items drops. Shadowfang is around 650g, Tree Bark 100g, Assassins blade 200g etc
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2019-09-15 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    Yes, but it's instant cast whereas a mount has a 3 second cast timer. Cheetah is technically faster unless you are travelling distances longer than I think it's 24 seconds [which you will if you are cross zoning it for sure]. But I don't see any reason to drop 100g when I could just put it toward my 1000g instead.
    Wow, that took me back. I HAD forgot that mounting had a longer cast time then. Reminds me of the early days of BC when you'd actually stop and think if your 60% flier would get you where you wanted to be faster than your 100% ground.

Yes.

Just sell everything white, green, blue or quest items at the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    2 Words, mate.

Bristly Whiskers.

Farm them from panthers in STV, and a stack of 10 of those feckers goes for 73 silver. Being camped? Go for Goirillas just south of Nesingwary's camp. They die fast and give good money too. Grind a couple of levels on just those, and you will make a fortune.

- - - Updated - - -

With fairness though, literally none of those items will sell for those prices at this time, and even then, only when P comes along with BGs and twinking into it. Worth holding onto for sure though
    Afaik, 3 Shadowfangs were already sold at those prices. 2 assassin blades as well (almost got one for 3g ). A Pandulum of Doom got sold at 399. All those items were sniped from AH.

I think we need to remember some players actually above the leveling zerg got to abuse the layer system and have tons of Devilsaur leather / gold. I know at least 3 players here on Mograine EU. They already have epic mounts as well.

If you're a streamer you get your mount before lvl10 for free.