Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bearlolz View Post
    Sorry but the game starts at 60
    You are going to be called a "retailer" for saying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    1) Everybody expected Classic Raids to be a joke, who said they were supposed to be hard? there is barely any mechanic to do. Many expected LFR difficulty level because back then people had no idea what to do.
    In this very thread alone the majority of pro classic fans are saying they dont agree with you. I appreciate that you knew what to expect from the raids, but many still refuse to accept that raiding in vanilla was roughly LFR difficulty. The excuses are endless, and quite awkward to read to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the game was over for many within a week or 2. What happened to it being all about the journey? Are you expecting challenging raids?

Someone got ganked

Facts disagree.

15+ Year Old Account
    My motivation died the day I realized that with my time zone I'll be playing alone on the French server lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Dinged 40 last night, got my mount, still immensely enjoying myself, so dunno what myths have fallen apart but I have not seen any busted myths in the zones I've been to so far...

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    As somebody who played durring Vanilla, I can say that this is absolutely true. The only socialization you really got was if you joined a guild, and even then it's just the odd response here and there... unless you had Ventrillo or whatever the one was before that (I forget, it's been a while! :P)

But in truth, you're right. Nobody really socializes much IRL and definitely really not much at all in the game. It only happens IRL if you're at a party - where the whole POINT is to socialize there! You're not going into a RL party to form a merry possé to effectively strategize out a way to defeat the Pinyata boss! :P

It's like those doinks who claim that Cell Phones make kids socialize less and that people talked to eachother on the train. They didn't - they read books, listened to music or read a magazine/newspaper.
    Barrens chat was a huge socialize hub for many players. Goldshire is, but mostly for RP'ers. Trade chat is also good for*socializing*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I'll bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    1. Classic raids are very hard.

This was heavily pushed as one of the selling points of Classic. The only difficulty in clearing the raid is actually getting to level 60.
    Untrue. No sane person pushed this as a selling point. Only a very minor, very vocal minority believes or believed that Classic PvE content is difficult by today's standards.

2. Old talent trees are better than the current ones

These initial weeks of people having access to Classic has shown that not only are those old talents not interesting (the vast majority of them just being +1% dmg on ability), but they also allow no options to pick at all, because resetting them costs a fortune.
    I agree. My only love for the talent trees comes from nostalgia and how long time it actually takes to get some talents you really want, but that's more related to the journey of leveling rather than the joy of the talents. The current system is in my opinion way better.

3. It’s about the journey, not the race to 60

It’s getting to the cap as fast as possible that is important, and people just playing normally are treated as some weirdos wasting their time. And for good reason - questing seems to be one of the worst possible ways to level up in Classic. Instance grinding, layer hopping, or just simple mob grinding in one spot are all faster.
    By even writing this, I can tell that you need to make some changes in your life if what other people do or think influences you this much. I am perfectly aware of what others are doing, and it does not affect my enjoyment one bit. I level up in my own pace, with no addOns, I do dungeons when I feel like it and quest most of the time. Your inability to enjoy the game because there are others who play "more efficiently" than you is not valid critcism of the game, it's a you problem.

4. Classic incentivizes player interaction, so everyone will suddenly become sociable and make friends

People don't socialize. Sure, they do group up for quests, because those quests necessitate that. They sometimes say "hi", "bye" or "warrior taunt the mob" but usually nothing beyond that.
    Not sure who said that by Classic releasing adults would suddenly make internet friends as if they were 13 years old again. What I did hear a lot was people saying that in retail you are able to level up without ever interacting with a single living soul, and in Classic you will be incentivized to do so. And this was largely correct. You are incentivized to group up and help eachother out.

5. Getting into a dungeon group won't be a problem because there's no ilvl, r.io, achievements and armory.

False. Everyone and their mother spends their whole day on twitch now, and they already know the “leveling meta” for dungeons. Different class, or a spec without specific aoe abilities the party leader wants? No invite.
    I'm currently level 39 and I have spent a lot of time in SM where much of the spell-cleave farming is done. One of my maybe 10 different groups was a spell-cleave group, all others were composed of different classes, different specs, and we killed things the good ol' fashioned way. And yes, the spell-cleave group I was in killed things extremely fast, but guess what? Finding those 3 mages took a long time, and in that time of searching, you can find a group of rejects and run the dungeon twice before the spell-cleave group is even up and running.

This again sounds a bit like a you problem. A few times you have been rejected from a specific group, you are aware that they will progress more efficiently than you and it affects you deeply. Work on yourself is once again my tip.

6. Class quests, the holy grail of class fantasy

Class quests are the epitome of the antiquated game design. Not only are they fully skippable, which makes them horrible for people who are not playing the game on rails following a complete leveling guide for their class, but they often also require a group, and the ability to kill an enemy that is like 10 levels above your current level. For many of those quests you literally have to ask for boost, or you'll not complete them.
    Once again, seems like your criticism comes from your inability to enjoy the game while aware of the efficiency of others.

Horrible if not on rails? As in, takes a long time and makes you "waste" time? Sure. Only a problem with your mindset.
    Require a group to kill 10 levels higher mobs? As in, what you need to do if you want to the quest before you are ready to maximize your efficiency? Sure. Only a problem with your mindset.

7. Classic is a great game for casuals, much better than modern WoW
    Depends on what you mean with casual. If you mean it in the toxic reddit version of casual vs skilled, sure. But I don't understand why any sane person would want to contruct any part of their world views on that kind of attitude. When I played retail I could only enjoy mythic raiding, because nothing else felt remotely challenging or rewarding. I quit retail WoW after getting CE Jaina rank sub world rank 300 this spring, I raided 2-3 nights a week on a schedule. Now I play classic whenever I got the free time, no schedule. I feel rewarded when I get items, complete quests and level up, and I can do it with no need of scheduling my play time. This is what casual gaming means, and for me personally, classic provides.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolished View Post
    Why do people make posts like this, if you don't like the game don't play it, stop trying to convince us not to play it. Especially when your information seems to be coming from streamers not the average.
    Because they can. If you have a problem with someone else's opinion, don't read it/type about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    1) Everybody expected Classic Raids to be a joke, who said they were supposed to be hard?
    Like every single person I spoke to ingame and my guild.

"Classics raids were harder, wods/legions/bfas raids are nothing compared to BWL"

classic is just a temporary thing, apart from some hardcore fans there won't be many left after a year of playing but hey i may be wrong :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Like every single person I spoke to ingame and my guild.

"Classics raids were harder, wods/legions/bfas raids are nothing compared to BWL"
    just because your guildies are clueless it doesnt make classic raids harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Several threads on MMO Champion saying raids were easy and Ragnaros would be killed on week 1.

We need to stop the myth classic raids were hard guys!!! WE need to stop it!!!

Dude, it was never a "thing" being said Classic raids were hard. Never. Stop this bullcrap trying to say otherwise.

Point 2, Talents.
    Classic talents are 100% better than retails. By a HUGE amount. Not even close.
    Specially rogue, the talent choices affect your gameplay by 100% compared to other talent trees.
    Not even close.
    What build did you go 21/0/31 ? Maybe 31/21/0 maybe even a saucey 21/31/0. I like getting a talent every level but people are lying to themselves if they act like Classic as some hidden fucking builds out there.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, honestly I think it still IS a reason for some people...or did all private servers just go away with the release of Classic (sure...you can claim ppl got attached to their toons and friends...but as other threads on the existing sub have shown, money can be and is an issue for ppl)
    They didn't go away, but they have had a serious drop in population, and it's pretty obvious there are a LOT of previous pserver players on Classic.
    Yeah..I am one who didn't think week 1 lv 60s or MC clears would be possible - I have no problem admitting I was wrong and eat my words. I just remember my levelling times from 2005 too well....and the trouble we had in MC or with Onyxia.
    I was dubious about a week one MC clear, but that was only due to leveling length. It was pretty obvious that, paraphrasing myself from back in may or so, "MC will be cleared as soon as a guild has at least half a raid lvl 60".
    Still: MMO-C is a forum that also attracts a huge number of cutting edge players. Reading some threads, you think everyone here cleared Naxx 40 with 25 ppl in greens in 2006 ^^
    MMO-C also attracts people who BS and hyperbole a lot. Not counting people who deliberately misrepresent reality to fit their agenda - this thread is a pretty good example.
    I'm waiting to see how the AVERAGE raiding guild will fare in AQ40 and Naxx before passing judgement on all Classic raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    classic is just a temporary thing, apart from some hardcore fans there won't be many left after a year of playing but hey i may be wrong :P
    Well, retail pop peak are about a two weeks/a month long after new content, so asking for Classic to last a year is a pretty hefty double standard. It already has lasted about as much as a regular expansion/patch, so...

Nothing has been debunked because a few no-life exploiting streamers reached lvl 60 and beat MC.

The vast majority of people are still leveling and enjoying the game.

Whats all this fuss about? I feel like im at a BFA-complaint-thread. People are whining all over the forums about how bad BFA was/is and it has no content. And now the same with classic?
    Blizzard gave us the oportunity to play classic. HOwever, I see the same issues happening just like BFA: people are crying all over the forum how bad the game is.

I dont understand what exactly do you people try to get at with your arguments/opinions? If you dont like classic, dont play classic. If you dont like BFA, dont play BFA.
    There were never any so called "myths" about classic. Whatever you guys read or heard are just opinions/thoughts from other people.
    For some people classic is harder and for some people retails seems harder. It comes down to personal opinions.

There is never anything good/bad about someones opinion. The only downside I am seeing now is again the same toxicity of (mostly the same people) who try to spread diseases in the forum, just because they are unhappy with themselves, trying to get more people into their sinking boat.
    Just let people enjoy their classic experience and if you personally dont like it, just dont play it and try other games.
    Its simple.

Only point even remotely accurate is #1 and the myth of hard vanilla raids was pushed mostly by people who didn't play vanilla. MC/Ony was faceroll and 20 mannable even back in the day in the later patches so of course it would be today. Also Naxx 40 was hard but not for the reasons people usually give. The rest of the post is basically conjecture.

What is the definition of hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    There were never any so called "myths" about classic. Whatever you guys read or heard are just opinions/thoughts from other people.
    For some people classic is harder and for some people retails seems harder. It comes down to personal opinions.
    People EXPECTED Vanilla for Classic with the normal difficulty at its given time and not the OVERNERFED 1.12 with OVERBUFFED caster gear that outmatches in green/blue the epic tier pieces from the previous 2 years of vanilla.

Blizzard was clear about 1.12 and the #nochanges movement forced them to keep the overnerfed-pre-TBC-expansion patch 1:1.

What you see in the discussions is HOW SLOW some players are to process this information.

=> some players are fine with this, they would like LFR in retail aswell, if the naming had no stigma to it
    => some players are just now at the point the see the shittshow in MC or the dungeon clownfiesta with 1/10 cleartimes, NOtank, NOmelee, onlyAOE
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I was told Classic was never going to happen. Adamant it would never happen, for sure it will never happen. Then it happened. Then rose-colored glasses and you won't like it. Loved it. Now the go-to is come here and shit on it. I suppose that is fair, many of us shit on Retail for a while now but I guess the difference is that we stopped because we do not have to play Retail, we have a choice. People on Retail do not like that choice, it fuels their agenda. Their agenda is that they are afraid. Afraid that people will go from Retail to Classic, which has happened and they do not like it. That's it in a nutshell.
    It's just vocal minorities in most cases anyway. You were told all these things, just like those who don't like Classic too much were told some of the things that OP mentioned. About raids being harder, about the community just being better by virtue of being Classic. All are simply opinion that were not necessarily held by even the majority of people on "their side". It's just loud people, but not all of them.
    I am a person on retail, since I don't like having to re-earn stuff I already had and got bored in Classic. But that doesn't mean that I don't like the choice. Sure, I don't like the fact that it is harder to get groups since some people left for Classic and I can't play with them anymore without investing a lot of time into a game that I don't really feel. But I don't dislike the choice itself. If people got more options, that is generally good. I am lowkey concerned about the future of the game with community being split between two games, but I am optimistic that it will work out somehow.

There are people who are afraid and want Classic players to have less fun. But please recognize that those are a minority and certainly don't speak for everyone playing retail.