Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I'd believe this if we were talking about a free to play MMORPG. But with wow's buy in cost, I highly doubt it.
    To be fair, WoW's Buy in cost is pretty non-existant, especially if you're only playing Classic. As you don't even need to buy anything, just pay the sub. And paying for Account A or Account B when account A is banned doesn't really add cost.

But even if you look at retail the "buy in" is only having to buy BfA for like $25. All in all thats not a significant buy-in. Even if you bought pets / mounts and stuff you don't loose those as they bind to the Battle.net account, not the WoW account. So add a new account to replace a banned account and you still retain all mounts / pets / toys / transmogs and whatever stuff ppl might collect.

10+ Year Old Account
    permaban on a game this big after so many years is just nasty

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    why? blizzard can VERY easily tell who is doing it, they see a guy with 10k gold its very fucking obvious something is wrong.
    blizzard does not need a screenshot to prove such... especially since idk if you know, but its very easy to just... blur names in an image...
    There are ways to disguise all that gold. Most of the top exploiters have already moved the gold off their toons. Blizzard does not track every single transaction in the game. The ones that were actually smart have already sold the gold, seeing as 10k Classic gold is currently worth about $4,000 USD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    There are ways to disguise all that gold. Most of the top exploiters have already moved the gold off their toons. Blizzard does not track every single transaction in the game. The ones that were actually smart have already sold the gold, seeing as 10k Classic gold is currently worth about $4,000 USD.
    again, any evidence of this? i would love to see any and all.
    its easy for me to say this for example
    oh yeah i did it, i got 800,000,000 gold and transfered it to alts, fuck blizz shitty game. i am pro legend.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I've had the layer exploit happen to my groups a few times by complete accident. I have no idea exactly how it was triggered but we killed a couple bosses multiple times because why not ? Figured it was a random bug that worked in our favor.

I hope they are able to tell who intentionally abused it from those who may have encountered it accidentally. Like if you killed the last boss in a dungeon 20 times within 5 minutes then obviously you are abusing it.
    Sooooooo... what you are suggesting is:
    1) You accidently killed the last boss
    2) Accidently disbanded the group
    3) Accidently invited someone from another layer to join your group
    4) Accidently invited 3 of the others back
    5) Accidently killed the boss again
    6) Then, by a complete miracle, totally unknownst to you, your group repeated those accidents multiple times.

Have fun trying to convince Blizzard of that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    They'll never ban Asmo. I got a 24 hour silence on the forums for speaking against him. If they're willing to ignore people calling others derogatory words for gay people but silence someone who says they don't like streamers, I'm confident they have some protection. If anything, they'll get some kind of "slap on the wrist" to make people think otherwise.
    A story of every banned/silenced player "I did nothing wrong, just *insert something*"

People switching layers to only farm bosses on repeat for specific loot knew they were abusing mechanics. Exploit.
    People farming dungeons as a 10 man did NOT know it was a bug. Most people just assumed it was an avenue from Vanilla that hadn't been explored previously. Cleaver use of game mechanics.

That's the difference, intent.

Besides, it was only marginally faster (with the advantage of being simple and mindless) than straight up questing. Plenty of players solo quested to 60 in roughly the same amount of time.

The XP potion exploit ban wave on retail would beg to differ.
    Enlighten me. What and when was this?

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=290816/...eveling-potion

perma ban on the account is only viable solution to these exploiters

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Estravolt gave you the link but it doesn't explain how they did the exploit. Essentially people were able to stack the XP potion that increases xp by 10% to an infinite? amount. So you could have a 5000% xp increase buff essentially. You could theoretically level from 1-120 in less than a couple hours.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

again, any evidence of this? i would love to see any and all.
    its easy for me to say this for example
    oh yeah i did it, i got 800,000,000 gold and transfered it to alts, fuck blizz shitty game. i am pro legend.
    Daaamn my dude, so many gold's! I have no reason not to believe such a claim, and require no further proof. You are the maaaaan!

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    should not matter any account that has over 1k gold is doing something dodgy
    Not necessarily.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    They ban yes, they might remove something like conquest but that is it. They don't roll your character back. When I get home I can have a 3 year old draw a picture and maybe 2 like minded people will understand each other.
    thats what ''rollback'' means,you dont expect blizzard to literaly rollback the character days or weeks?they take away the stuff they got with the exploit,its like if you steal a bike,then the cops come but they dont just arrest you and take the bike,but they also take your tv and socks lol

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    A story of every banned/silenced player "I did nothing wrong, just *insert something*"
    I didn’t say I did nothing wrong. I spoke against a streamer. I said streaming wasn’t a real job. Mod said “that wasn’t constructive”. I replied “lol please, neither are 90% of posts”.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    should not matter any account that has over 1k gold is doing something dodgy
    Not really. If you're lucky with boes and play the AH 1k is very achievable.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats what ''rollback'' means,you dont expect blizzard to literaly rollback the character days or weeks?they take away the stuff they got with the exploit,its like if you steal a bike,then the cops come but they dont just arrest you and take the bike,but they also take your tv and socks lol
    They don't revert everything back to a certain date or how your character was before you cheated or something like that, they used to roll characters back like that. Now they only do under very extreme cases most of those end with a permanent ban so there ends up being no need for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. If you're lucky with boes and play the AH 1k is very achievable.
    Not really since other don't have the gold to spend on the AH get you that high. You are dealing with 1 faction on 1 server that only has characters with a few weeks of life in them. Don't forget the massive cut the AH takes also. You could be the only person on your server selling boes and great drops and 1k is a nonsense number at this point.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post

Not really since other don't have the gold to spend on the AH get you that high. You are dealing with 1 faction on 1 server that only has characters with a few weeks of life in them. Don't forget the massive cut the AH takes also. You could be the only person on your server selling boes and great drops and 1k is a nonsense number at this point.
    If you can make enough to buy an epic mount then you' should be able to make 1k if you really tried. It's really not that serious man.

If you can make enough to buy an epic mount then you' should be able to make 1k if you really tried. It's really not that serious man.
    Soon it wont be in the first month it certainly is.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Again i know the exploit works... i know people have done it.
    but there is literally 0 evidence people could infinitely do it.
    and the only person to try to explain it doesn't even make a good example, as it would hit the instance lockout after 5 times if it did work.

are you seriously saying "people dont need evidance if they can just make a theory of how it may work, and your stupid for not believing them"
    Well, not to jump into this argument itself, but the explanation of how it was done is, in itself, evidence. It might not be very good, as direct evidence can be unreliable, but it is still evidence.