Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Sexy Halloween Costumes And Self Respect

I don't understand how people can't see how sexy Halloween costumes won't make people respect them. How is it they don't see how it won't attract the right kind of people when you flaunt your body like that? It only makes people think they're after one thing, and they shouldn't want to have to demean themselves to such a low standard just to impress someone else. Costumes are supposed to show your interests or jokes or personality. Sexy is a personality trait, I guess, but not the kind that would make a partner stick around long term, if there's nothing else there to back it up. Maybe some people are shallow enough that it would be enough for them, but they're not the kind of people that will make you feel good if something happens and you're anything but perfect.

I'm not going to go as far as say that it's the cause of rape like some people, but people aren't going to care as much about your personality if the first thing they see is your body on display. When everyone and their mom is doing it, then what exactly sets anyone apart from the crowd except minute parts of their body?

I think sexy outfits should be illegal. Who wants their kids to see that anyway?
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

men and women should be proud of their bodies. Dressing provocative and sexualized is a great way to show people: "Yes, you're looking at me and I'm loving every inch that you can and cannot see."
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Maybe they just want to get laid.

Sexy costumes are one of the best parts of holloween.

Respect shouldn't be based on such superficial standards.

Have you considered that maybe they don't give a shit about earning respect from the sort of person who will judge them for having fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Compassionate View Post
    I think sexy outfits should be illegal. Who wants their kids to see that anyway?
    I bet you're real fun at parties.

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    men and women should be proud of their bodies. Dressing provocative and sexualized is a great way to show people: "Yes, you're looking at me and I'm loving every inch that you can and cannot see."
    This is what I don't get, though. How many people have sex with their clothes on? There are more ways to be sexy than flaunting yourself, and more ways to be confident than to, as I said, flaunt yourself. It's possible to cover your body while still being appealing it's not like anyone expects people to start wearing super baggy sweaters. They do it all the time anyway, wearing just regular jeans and a t-shirt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Maybe they just want to get laid.
    With their clothes on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Sexy costumes are one of the best parts of holloween.
    There are better things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Have you considered that maybe they don't give a shit about earning respect from the sort of person who will judge them for having fun?
    Everyone judges everybody for everything. If I don't, someone else will. I've had enough friends crying about people calling them names afterward to know that they're never as confident about it as they'll pretend like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I bet you're real fun at parties.

I'm fun outside of parties. My idea of fun isn't treating my body like the temple of Satan.

Edit: Also https://www.pinterest.com/pin/574983077395947612/
    Last edited by CritFromAfar; 2019-09-19 at 04:06 AM.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    My problem with most revealing clothing is that it’s to low effort. Just showing skin is rather bland if you want to grab attention you should atlest be wearing something nice looking.

Hello Mr/Ms Conservative. How many times have you read your Bible/Koran/Torah this week?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-09-19 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    My problem with most revealing clothing is that it’s to low effort. Just showing skin is rather bland if you want to grab attention you should atlest be wearing something nice looking.
    Most costumes end up being store bought so you're probably not going to get much that you're hoping for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Hello Mr/Ms Conservative. How many times have you read your Bible/Koran/Torah this week?
    This many times, hold on..

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compassionate View Post
    Most costumes end up being store bought so you're probably not going to get much that you're hoping for
    True, effort cost more then most are willing to pay.

What is with people wanting to outlaw whatever it is that they don't personally like?

women should just wear winter coats and ski masks everyday.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

What a person wears and their self respect are not generally linked.

They don't hurt anyone, and I think my feelings on the matter are trumped by people's freedom to choose what to wear. So, meh.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    What is with people wanting to outlaw whatever it is that they don't personally like?
    Because we're SJWs out for you bloooooood.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    Maybe you should move to another country where people are oppressed and can't freely choose how to dress. Like Iran or Saudi Arabia.
    I actually have worked with and been friends with people from countries in that area so I have a decent understanding of what it's like from people who have lived there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    women should just wear winter coats and ski masks everyday.
    Whatever gets your rocks off, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I appreciate the creativity it takes to make a sexy Jason Voorhees costume using only a hockey mask and a microkini.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    What a person wears and their self respect are not generally linked.
    No? I guess people don't get insecure when others start calling them names for the way they dress. Must be nice to live in a bubble.

Ya first take away women's control over their body, then we make them to wear only government approved clothing, then take away their right to vote and other protections because they only make wrong decisions. Here is how women should look and act in a "good" country