Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I would also like to point out that 8.2.5 is 6 GBs. Pretty sure that most x.5 patches tend to be a LOT smaller, but I'm probably mistaken on that.
    Couldn't that be due to the cinematics? If they're about ~ 10min that sounds like a good chunk of space. Or maybe a lot of new assets/terrain? Don't know how that works, @Marlamin might have an answer why the patch is so big.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-09-22 at 08:04 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    the campaign finale will be worth it
    8.3 WILL be worth it
    Aspects will be worth it

hold us accountable
    but do not feel like we would repeat the worst mistake again for no reason
    WoD will not repeat
    Nice try Ion, you are not fooling anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    Where did this ludicrous idea that 8.3 has been cancelled even come from? Seriously, what sparked it? It's just so bizarre to me. Is it the result of a collective stroke?
    I think some people, like myself, just don't want anymore BFA. We want it to end asap, and get a new xpak in here. So I hope beyond hope that indeed that will happen, however I am well prepared for disappointment. 8.3 means another long wait while everyone plays through 8.3 before next xpak gets here and I can finally play retail again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I think some people, like myself, just don't want anymore BFA. We want it to end asap, and get a new xpak in here. So I hope beyond hope that indeed that will happen, however I am well prepared for disappointment. 8.3 means another long wait while everyone plays through 8.3 before next xpak gets here and I can finally play retail again.
    There being an 8.3 or not being an 8.3 has no effect on when the next xpac comes out and spoiler alert: it will be around august/sep regardless to prop up Q2 revenue as literally the last 3 xpacs and Classic all have been.

Also spoiler alert: there is an 8.3 LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Couldn't that be due to the cinematics? If they're about ~ 10min that sounds like a good chunk of space. Or maybe a lot of new assets/terrain? Don't know how that works, @Marlamin might have an answer why the patch is so big.
    Cinematics with all their different resolution versions are about 410MB total.

The patch also adds:
    - Anniversary stuff including CoT map with copies of all the places we're going to and some we're not and a bunch of VO for Chromie, spells, etc.
    - The highly detailed Hearthstone Tavern and a likely related scenario
    - New textures and animations for 4 character models
    - Several fully featured creature models (Calia, Zekhan, etc)
    - RaF items (incl. cosmetic armor, mount/pet)
    - BlizzCon Virtual Ticket rewards
    - New war effort story includes a map and a lot of other assets

And this patch modifies:
    - Minor format changes for many map files and regenerated minimaps (this is easily 50% of the patch size if not more)
    - All Goblin/Worgen NPC textures
    - A lot of old item sets (probably non-visible internal changes)

Altogether the size of this patch makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2019-09-22 at 09:03 AM.

I'm sorry, but what? Did you play 8.2? It's actually pretty decent, atleast for casual hardcore mythic raiding. I quit during Uldir but came back at the end of 8.1.5. 8.2 was miles better than what we had at the start of BFA and if 8.3 is good enough then just play it imo. Word of advice is to play it for yourself and not listen to all the negative noice

You already decided that 8.3 would be a bad patch ? What if it adds a good raid and good story content ? You wont play a patch because you didnt like the initial expansion regardless of its quality ? 8.2 is one of the best patches added to wow in recent years, any chance you didnt play that too because you already decided that BFA sucks regardless of what patches added ? That honestly would be a lost on your part.
    Last edited by Jalham; 2019-09-22 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Cinematics with all their different resolution versiibs are about 410MB total.

The patch also adds:
    - Anniversary stuff including CoT map with copies of all the place we're going to and some we're not and a bunch of VO for Chromie, spells, etc.
    - The highly detailed Hearthstone Tavern and a likely related scenario
    - Several fully featured creature models (Calia, Zekhan, etc)
    - RaF items (incl. cosmetic armor, mount/pet)
    - BlizzCon Virtual Ticket rewards
    - New war effort story includes a map and a lot of other assets

And this patch modifies:
    - Minor format changes for many map files and regenerated minimaps (this is easily 50% of the patch size if not more)
    - All Goblin/Worgen NPC textures
    - A lot of old item sets (probably non-visible internal changes)

Altogether the size of this patch makes perfect sense.
    Thank you for clarifying!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    snap, this is something i totally forgot bout it, what this could possible be?

we have no clue? like, it could be the remaining models for all wow leaders, i guess we are only missing the dwarves and who more?

villains, new characters, old character update intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    snap, this is something i totally forgot bout it, what this could possible be?

we have no clue? like, it could be the remaining models for all wow leaders, i guess we are only missing the dwarves and who more?

villains, new characters, old character update intriguing.
    ...did he not just mean male/female goblin/worgen?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    ...did he not just mean male/female goblin/worgen?
    as far as i know was new models for other characters, like Calia get one, he said those 4 are encrypted

goblins and worgens models are not

as far as i know was new models for other characters, like Calia get one, he said those 4 are encrypted

Nope, just Goblins and Worgen which add so many files they're basically new models in my book. Also, Calia etc aren't encrypted a bunch of creatures are but they're not.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2019-09-22 at 09:27 AM.

Uh, there are these

Tactkey 252 - DisplayID: 93312 -> Creature ModelFileID: 2921871
    Tactkey 252 - DisplayID: 93311 -> Creature ModelFileID: 2924741
    Tactkey 259 - DisplayID: 93351 -> Creature ModelFileID: 3016206
    Tactkey 267 - DisplayID: 93335 -> Creature ModelFileID: 3040716
    Tactkey 267 - DisplayID: 93349 -> Creature ModelFileID: 3037834

+the saurfang encrypted model

Where two of those are Blizzcon murloc pets (one is the slyvanas one)

I'm pretty sure in this list specifically he meant goblin/worgen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    You already decided that 8.3 would be a bad patch ? What if it adds a good raid and good story content ? You wont play a patch because you didnt like the initial expansion regardless of its quality ? 8.2 is one of the best patches added to wow in recent years, any chance you didnt play that too because you already decided that BFA sucks regardless of what patches added ? That honestly would be a lost on your part.
    For me (Idk about that guy) the classes are so unfun, and the azerite system is so unfun (again, FOR ME) that the patch could have the best raid and open world zones yet and I'd still not enjoy it.

I just want the classes to feel fun for me again. They can pump out any content they want in the meantime, but until classes change again I'm probably not going to have fun regardless of the content. Unfortunately class changes won't be until next expansion, so I can understand where he might be coming from wanting it to be over already.

Nope, just Goblins and Worgen which add so many files they're basically new models in my book. Also, Calia etc aren't encrypted a bunch of creatures are but they're not.
    Clearly for Black Empire Sylvanas, nathanos, dark rangers, etc.

Clearly for Black Empire Sylvanas, nathanos, dark rangers, etc.
    There wont be such thing like Black Empire Sylvanas. Not sure if you are memeing tho. But Sylvanas will 100% be an enemy of the old gods/void

Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    There wont be such thing like Black Empire Sylvanas. Not sure if you are memeing tho. But Sylvanas will 100% be an enemy of the old gods/void
    I was memeing, but also there's literally no reason to assume she will be, since she is currently actively following N'zoth's directions.

I was memeing, but also there's literally no reason to assume she will be, since she is currently actively following N'zoth's directions.
    she's their central focus character right now. the lead narrative guy actively jacks off to her on the reg. they gave her the strength to fight malfurion, and she's playing a higher dimensional level of chess than even god-emperor trump can play.

i think the waifu will be sufficiently safe from harm.

Shes probably being manipulated by Nzoth. Im not sure if she seriously knows that it is Nzoth who whispers and she willingly follow him.
    There are reasons to assume she will.

Eye of the Corruptor: Listen. Listen. Listen. LISTEN.
    Eye of the Corruptor: You were right to doubt them.
    Eye of the Corruptor: The undrowned will join the chorus. Listen to it.
    Eye of the Corruptor: Listen. Open the gate. Step into the abyss. Complete the circle.
    Eye of the Corruptor: Listen. You know this is the truth. It is but one of a thousand. You have only to listen.
    Eye of the Corruptor: Everywhere you look, the stars gaze back. You know their form already. You have but to listen.
    Eye of the Corruptor: Listen. She is a threat. Kill her. KILL HER.
    Eye of the Corruptor: The queen threatens the king. There is no way to win. Listen.

So you do realize that if they don't watch an 8.3 patch then the game dies

Warlords essentially drained all of the Goodwill the players have 4 long droughts and honestly this raid is not one that anyone will want to play for a year I want the new patch and the new raid out in January and then expansion watch in September that way by the time BlizzCon hits next year the big guilds will have already cleared out mythic of the first raid which would launch 2 weeks after so if we get a mid-september launch then the players will have all of October to beat the first raid