Thread: Sad realization

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Unhappy Sad realization

Today or well just 5 minutes ago I had sad realization that I wont and actually don't have time to play vanilla or enjoy it in a proper way.
    I know it's about journey to 60... I might even reach lvl 60 in 8 months if I continue to play like this. But then even when I sit down I'm constantly being pulled away from PC stuff such as- me and wife just moved into new house, there's constantly some shit to do around it. People from job call when some issues pop up, I'm manager (print on demand studio) so I need to be available 24/7.

I won't have time to raid, I don't think I'll ever find casual guild that will take me into raid once or twice every 2 weeks. And if I'd go for pvp... I know people are going to destroy me as I won't have enough practice or good enough gear to present any kind of challenge.

Classic is live for almost a month now, and I'm just level 20 and lets be honest first 30 levels are quite fast and then it gets slower and slower, not to mention 50-60 it's going to take me months.

I don't want to go back to retail man but I don't think I have much of a choice here...

Quote Originally Posted by Indartu View Post
    Today or well just 5 minutes ago I had sad realization that I wont and actually don't have time to play vanilla or enjoy it in a proper way.
    I know it's about journey to 60... I might even reach lvl 60 in 8 months if I continue to play like this. But then even when I sit down I'm constantly being pulled away from PC stuff such as- me and wife just moved into new house, there's constantly some shit to do around it. People from job call when some issues pop up, I'm manager (print on demand studio) so I need to be available 24/7.

I won't have time to raid, I don't think I'll ever find casual guild that will take me into raid once or twice every 2 weeks. And if I'd go for pvp... I know people are going to destroy me as I won't have enough practice or good enough gear to present any kind of challenge.

Classic is live for almost a month now, and I'm just level 20 and lets be honest first 30 levels are quite fast and then it gets slower and slower, not to mention 50-60 it's going to take me months.

I don't want to go back to retail man but I don't think I have much of a choice here...
    Classic is dead in 8 months anyway as new content wont be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    Apart from there will be, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    I'll still be playing in 8 months so i can confirm it wont be dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Make a lvl 19 twink, that will give you a great experience for someone who doesn't have any time but still wanna kick some ass!
    When you feel like you're done with lvl 19, slowly get to 29 while getting all the gear and repeat.

You'll literally have content to keep you busy for the next 2 years if you do that in a slow phase and by the time you're done you'll be 60.

Seems like a fake post, but okay

If you are this busy I doubt you can enjoy any game.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    By definition - their can't be.

You put chocolate flavouring in milk - it is no longer plain milk.

Be rational.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Classic is not journey, it's just a boring easy-mode grind. I don't think you lose too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Classic is especially hard to enjoy - dungeons are like raids in that you get to do them once a week, and if 7 of you turn up - then 2 of you miss out.

Was that way in 2005, and is that way today.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Classic is 6 phases. So content might stretch to 12 months total.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Seems like a fake post, but okay

As soon someone says hes busy and can't enjoy game that he actually cares about (due to lack of time) it's considered fakeposting or trolling, I can assure you it is not.
    All I'm saying I'll be left behind with slime in my mouth drolling over people who raid and actually do high end pvp while at best I'll have some random dungeon blues and not even t0.5...

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Classic is especially hard to enjoy - dungeons are like raids in that you get to do them once a week, and if 7 of you turn up - then 2 of you miss out.

What.

/10

As soon someone says hes busy and can't enjoy game that he actually cares about (due to lack of time) it's considered fakeposting or trolling, I can assure you it is not.
    All I'm saying I'll be left behind with slime in my mouth drolling over people who raid and actually do high end pvp while at best I'll have some random dungeon blues and not even t0.5...
    You're not missing out. My friend did MC yesterday pressing frostbolt for 6 hours straight. He lost braincells and is now handicapped.

classic is dying already anyway .

past 23 not a single realm is full anymore.

in a month most of them will be medium and in 2 months people will openly start to ask for merges

its just a matter of time.

clock is already ticking tick tok tick tok tick tok

and nobody can stop it.

the hype is already dead too.

By definition - their can't be.

You put chocolate flavouring in milk - it is no longer plain milk.

Be rational.
    Classic is already not vanilla, that is why they called it Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Its moreso your post count...

But if you are just THAT busy that it would take you 8 months+ to level, then I doubt you have time to enjoy anything outside of Candy Crush Saga.

To each it's own mate, i also don't have much time but the time i have i'm enjoying it fully. Lvl 32, playing a few hours per week and everytime i login i have tons do do awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    classic is dying already anyway .

past 23 not a single realm is full anymore.

in a month most of them will be medium and in 2 months people will openly start to ask for merges

its just a matter of time.

clock is already ticking tick tok tick tok tick tok

and nobody can stop it.

the hype is already dead too.
    What with all the hate in this thread? Thank god you're not playing Classic!

Also, the game will be alive enough for most of us to play as long as there's one realm with 3.000 people on, which wont be a case in a very very very long time.

What the fuck are you even talking about.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    LOL @ all the try-hards trying to 'push content' in Classic. It's very fucking simple and it's very easy. It's also fun and relaxing to do as a casual and again, Classic is infinitely more casual an experience than BFA. You whine about how it's a neverending grindfest because you kids just grind dumb shit over and over and say "hurr durr this is da best way to level because a guide told me" and wonder why when playing a game in a stupid boring way that it's a boring stupid game. Same goes with applying 'optimal' class stacking for like MC and shit. Fucking ridiculous nonsense and completely unnecessary when you can just go in and do it with whoever the fuck is on and relax and enjoy smashing it every week. That's all it takes.

I've got a hard to swallow pill for all you try-hards and it's just that I don't think you can even enjoy games anymore because you've spent so much fucking effort trying so hard to be 'good' at a game that you not only never actually got good at it but that you can't even have fun because all you do is what some guide that buzzkillingtons your entire experience tells you is good.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomgan View Post
    Try to arrange with your wife 1 or 2 evenings a week dedicated to both of you doing your hobbies or just having time for yourself. Then you both know, that those evenings are for relaxing, doing your own thing and nothing else.
    yes - he can play wow and she can find herself a lover to enjoy hobbies more interesting then wow.

jezus thats the advice of someone who never has been in serious relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont worry, you dont miss much.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..