Thread: Sad realization

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indartu View Post
    Today or well just 5 minutes ago I had sad realization that I wont and actually don't have time to play vanilla or enjoy it in a proper way.
    I know it's about journey to 60... I might even reach lvl 60 in 8 months if I continue to play like this. But then even when I sit down I'm constantly being pulled away from PC stuff such as- me and wife just moved into new house, there's constantly some shit to do around it. People from job call when some issues pop up, I'm manager (print on demand studio) so I need to be available 24/7.

I won't have time to raid, I don't think I'll ever find casual guild that will take me into raid once or twice every 2 weeks. And if I'd go for pvp... I know people are going to destroy me as I won't have enough practice or good enough gear to present any kind of challenge.

Classic is live for almost a month now, and I'm just level 20 and lets be honest first 30 levels are quite fast and then it gets slower and slower, not to mention 50-60 it's going to take me months.

I don't want to go back to retail man but I don't think I have much of a choice here...
    There are many people (i know a few personally) that have the same doubts but you do not need to rush bro. Play at your pace and you will be fine.
    If you are lvl 20 now... you will ding 60 more likely in 3-4 months instead 8 tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    Classic is dead in 8 months anyway as new content wont be released.
    Stop spreading lies. We are still at phase 1 so in 8 months it will be probably phase 3 or 4.

Classic is 6 phases. So content might stretch to 12 months total.
    ... or can be stretch to 2 years.
    Even if 12 months it is still longer than 8 months from your previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Classic is especially hard to enjoy - dungeons are like raids in that you get to do them once a week, and if 7 of you turn up - then 2 of you miss out.
    Uhh... what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you considered divorce and quitting your job?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not all about the journey. Game starts at 60.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post

Stop spreading lies. We are still at phase 1 so in 8 months it will be probably phase 3 or 4.

... or can be stretch to 2 years.
    Even if 12 months it is still longer than 8 months from your previous post.
    Stop spreading lies.

You really think there is content enough to wait till:
    Junuary 2020 for honor system
    April 2020 for Black Wing Lair, Alterac Valley and WSG
    August 2020 for Arathi Basin

Dream on. Try enjoy Molten Core till April 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Have you considered divorce and quitting your job?
    This 100%.

I feel you, OP. Although I am not busy with wife or kids, I have a life outside PC too.

I've hit 50 yesterday but canceled my sub today as I've lost interest a week ago or so. The game is 15 years old, the grind is brutal, the quests are all the same (go pick up this, go kill X of those etc). This is exactly how I remember this game, but it's not worth redoing it in my case.

It definitely isn't that fun as it was before when I was a teenager. I was quite hyped to reexperience the game as I did 15 years ago, and nostalgia... but times have changed.

Stop spreading lies.

You really think there is content enough to wait till:
    Junuary 2020 for honor system
    April 2020 for Black Wing Lair, Alterac Valley and WSG
    August 2020 for Arathi Basin
    Stop using non confirmed and totally fabricated dates.

Dream on. Try enjoy Molten Core till April 2020.
    I enjoyed it for like 3-4 times already in the past... and will enjoy again.
    I do not think so i will be geared enough till that month to even start BWL tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me Classic is a journey to 60. It'll take few months. Then I'll do rest of quests, visit all dungeons and then I'm likely to stop playing. I want to raid, but I don't think that I'll find a suitable guild. Well, it'll be good months of play. And I won't return to retail ever, after I visited Classic again and can remember how a proper RPG looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by BrillGates View Post
    What.

/10
    The dictionary would be a good source of interpreting each word in my response, and possibly also a good resource in creating a meaningful reply.

Hope that helps.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Classic is especially hard to enjoy - dungeons are like raids in that you get to do them once a week, and if 7 of you turn up - then 2 of you miss out.

Was that way in 2005, and is that way today.
    Dungeons do not have a weekly lockout. Where did you get this from? You can even do them multiple times a day.

Raids do have a weekly lockout. With exception of ZG and AQ20 i think those had a shorter lockout if my memory is correct.

I do feel you. I don't have nearly as much time as I did when i was 16-18. I think that's the case for many that are today working adults. I did however manage to push in as much playtime as humanly possible during the weekends, communicating to my social surroundings I'm AWOL for a month or two

I'm level 59 after about 6 days played, it's been a perfectly balanced journey for me. Compared to the 19 days played I had on my first vanilla char, I guess most of us found a few more effective leveling routes than back in the day. Of course, it's different from everyone. However, if you only have 2 hours a week, Classic might not be the game for you.

Hope you find more time, it's real fun to experience it again after 14 something years.

if you made it to level 20 in all this time i dont see how you could have time to play any game tbh.

The dictionary would be a good source of interpreting each word in my response, and possibly also a good resource in creating a meaningful reply.

Hope that helps.
    It wasn't possible to make a meaningful reply to what you wrote, i actually just want to understand what you meant since it's not how it works at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Stop using non confirmed and totally fabricated dates.

I enjoyed it for like 3-4 times already in the past... and will enjoy again.
    I do not think so i will be geared enough till that month to even start BWL tho.
    I used 2 years content plan as an exempel. 24 months and six (Confirmed) phases.

You're not missing out. My friend did MC yesterday pressing frostbolt for 6 hours straight. He lost braincells and is now handicapped.
    LOL, seems like me on my retail DH then

Thats not sad at all. Fuck wow, we will have classic up forever i believe. There are better things in life that wow. Unless you wanna spend all your life in it..no ty...

You’re kidding, right? They’re probably going to put a phase out on average 4-6 months. They know there’s a limited amount of content to release and they’re not going to rush through that in a year. I doubt they’ll do it in set times like patches, as they’ll probably monitor overall progress before releasing a phase. Before the end of the year we’ll probably have phase 2 and that’ll be it. I doubt all yeah phases will be out by the end of 2020.

If you don't enjoy the leveling you should probably just drop it. BUT, if you do enjoy the leveling, why not keep going at your own pace? What's wrong with being level 20 now, 30 in a month etc?

Double that and you'll be more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    You’re kidding, right? They’re probably going to put a phase out on average 4-6 months. They know there’s a limited amount of content to release and they’re not going to rush through that in a year. I doubt they’ll do it in set times like patches, as they’ll probably monitor overall progress before releasing a phase. Before the end of the year we’ll probably have phase 2 and that’ll be it. I doubt all yeah phases will be out by the end of 2020.
    You might be correct. But if so my 20 or so friends will get tired as most of them are waiting for the PvP updates. But Arathi Basin is not planned until phase 4.
    Even the honor update isnt planned until phase 2. If it is 6 months between phases alot of players will get tired of the game.

TBC was released about 23 months after Vanilla and back then everything was 100x slower. Leveling to 60 didnt take 4 days played, MC was not cleared the first week.

So stretching it even further, nah, i dont think so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    If you don't enjoy the leveling you should probably just drop it. BUT, if you do enjoy the leveling, why not keep going at your own pace? What's wrong with being level 20 now, 30 in a month etc?

Double that and you'll be more accurate.
    Maybe your right, but that means that those who wants to PvP will have to wait over a year.

Take care of RL first. Time will come when you have time again for wow.
    It is also less stressful when you can play the game without having many issues still lying arround.
    I usually finish all my work/family first before I get online. If the time isnt right, I prefer not to get online and finish my issues first and play the next day without stress.
    WoW will still be arround dont worry.