Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Levogames View Post
    I'm pretty sure that everybody noticed this and now I feel this needs to be addressed.
    WoW is annoyingly harder than before because of the implementation of new "personal" mechanics where a single failure could wipe an entire raid and there's no way that 5 people can carry the full mechanic of an encounter.

I KNOW that WoW is not hard at all if you learn, read and pay attention to every single mechanic and I'm not complaining about that. But the game was never like that and the best example are the pug raids.

Now that everyone says that WoW is made for casuals or azerite farmers I have troubles to find a decent party to kill more than 5 bosses on HC, even since Uldir, even with the "multicurved" premades with overgeared people.

I want to make my own premade with two of my friends and ensure that we will carry the entire mechanic of an encounter because, obviously, is hard to trust on pugs and expect that no one will leave after a single wipe.

This happens even with Mythic farm, where almost all the guilds with 6/8 bosses still have struggles to kill Orgozoa or the nerfed Ashvane where in past expansions, farming after the first/second kill was easy and FUN to do.

I hope Blizz someday does something to change the new "personal everything" and let us enjoy the game like before.

Edit: Let me clarify, I do Mythic raiding with success. I'm not comparing anything with classic. I want to have better odds on clearing an entire HC raid with pugs, and I never went to any raid wearing full greens or wanting carry. I want to be able to carry a raid instead of wasting my time trying to find a party who doesn't wipe on the last 4/5 bosses which is extremely hard unless you queue a multicurved-overgeared premade and even by doing that there's no guarantee. Enjoy WoW
    I'm sorry, but current WoW ( retail ) is very easy. Go watch Titan Savage mode (E4S) and then come back here and tell me that WoW is hard.

The hardest thing about WoW, is finding 20 folks who won't tunnel trying to parse. The time requirements to do basic things aren't a "must". We've seen in the world firsts, that you only need to be 420 to clear all of Mythic, with a neck of 60 at most. When you have folks 445+, and necks 65+ and they still can't clear the content, it just means they're bad. The only thing easier than current WoW, is WoW classic. lol

Erm, wow has 4 different raid levels for exactly the reason you've stated in the OP.

LFR is ... well LFR
    Normal is intended for family & friends type guilds, or pugs for that know a little of what they are about
    Heroic is for fully organised guilds/groups (yes, some people will will claim heroic is also easy)
    Mythic designed for those that really want a challenge

Personally speaking, it appears you are wanting to "carry a raid" with "only a very few" friends but don't want to do it at the intended [normal] level of difficulty because the possible [iLevel] rewards are below what you want.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterMirror View Post
    So much this. I know that Classic's fanboys struggle to deal with the fact that Classic is far easier than what they claimed, but you focused on the point very well.
    It is easier NOW, for two reasons:

1. The 1.12 patch changed some stuff (like putting spell power on gear that didn't originally have it)
    2. People understand how the game works now

Back then when it was new and people didn't know anything about damage calculations and swing timers and whatnot? It was harder. Maybe not "hard" but harder.

You of course can argue it was still easy back then and people were just more bad at WoW which is true, but I'm talking about relative difficulty not absolute difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    I mean if you do WQs only and pet battles I imagine that's true.
    Well, probably mostly because they got rid of ghost runs in raids and dungeons.

And the whole BR/Soulstone thing is more common now than it was back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    Nope its not easy because there is just no way to solo elite quests alone and many times there is no people to do those quests
    In TBC I used to routinely solo elite quests. Not sure how much the difficulty changed there between classic and TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    You mean a little like how MC was done in a week by skilled people without gear or even level cap, whereas the only solution to anything in retail is "farm better gear and then try again"?
    Nothing in retail except the last boss on mythic raid world first progression has required farming better gear.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Turning to one unified game with reasonable difficulty is the way. Kara or Ulduar's difficulty was fine and can be used as the standard. Blizzard then can create creative HM versions of bosses here and there where they make sense but they should not be the rule. It does not matter one bit if highly competitive players think it is too easy. They are too few to care about.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2019-09-24 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Retail WoW is already easy.

Depending on what you did before.
    10M is considerably harder and personal responsibility was much higher, one dude dies meant wipe
    20M sometimes is possbile to let 1-3 people die and still do the fight
    25M sometimes it was possbile to let 2-4 people die and still do the fight

I mean mythic or previously heroic.

Biggest nerf was probably nerf to combat resses.

Imo we should just get 2 combat resses on start and it should be fine.

And heroic? create group with mandatory voice chat. Did argus the unmaker week one with pug this way. Took us 2 hours but we did it.
    Tho when I created in the past, heroic groups that were meant to clear whole tier, i required cutting edges from previous tiers (and even previous expansions). Ahead of the curve doesn't mean shit.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2019-09-24 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Retail WoW is already easy.
    I agree, it's just as easy as classic. The only difference is one milks you for /played more than the other if you want to do stuff at endgame.

Retail dungeon and raid mechanics are way harder than anything classic has to offer.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

Biggest nerf was probably nerf to combat resses.
    Sorry to interrupt this but i really feel like talking about that too. I can't CR as i used to on my DK. Now requires 30 runic power (was free). Sometimes people say "CR DK" and i'm like I CAN'T I DON'T HAVE RUNIC!

They don't know this, who doesn't play BfA DK, and they think we are just being lazy!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I don't feel like noting in-game is hard, more like annoying. Like flying "Part 2." I spent all year getting exalted with every faction on Zandalar and Kul'tiras. Then "ok, now go get revered in Mechagon and awful-to-navigate Nazjatar." Get the fuck out of here.
    Lol getafkouttaheee. I hate pathfinders. People like them i'm more simplistic i prefer wasting my money to be able to fly. But then designers would be sad cause i wouldn't appreciate ground design! (Even tho i would, i just like to fly that's all. I BELIEVE I CAN FLYYYYY)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Retail dungeon and raid mechanics are way harder than anything classic has to offer.
    Fred, let them be, they can be fighting over this subject for eternity. Come play with me on retail we will find a fun thing to do instead, i'm too silly to just play hard content all the time, i like to use toys and put my sunflower singing on AH and annoy everyone that comes from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Fred, let them be, they can be fighting over this subject for eternity. Come play with me on retail we will find a fun thing to do instead, i'm too silly to just play hard content all the time, i like to use toys and put my sunflower singing on AH and annoy everyone that comes from work.
    Retail at least has some fun things to do.

Raiding Mythic in Retail is harder then anything that exist in wow.
    Everything else in Retail is easy mode.

Classic raiding isn't hard until AQ40.
    Everything else in Classic is harder.

Retail has too many quality of life elements which make the game "easy to be casual".
    Retail is also missing the rpg element of your character getting stronger over time. You're showered with easy loot and pvp stat scaling makes PVP a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    You're showered with easy loot and pvp stat scaling makes PVP a complete joke.
    There should be stat normalization in matchmade pvp. Gearing should be limited to rated PVP, and also only to a small degree.

Retail has too many quality of life elements which make the game "easy to be casual".
    Retail is also missing the rpg element of your character getting stronger over time. You're showered with easy loot and pvp stat scaling makes PVP a complete joke.
    The second part of your post makes no sense. In fact, Retail has a much better sense of getting stronger with progression than Classic due to Mythic Raiding. You get strong to clear it. In Classic you don't even need to get strong because most of PvE is a joke. Also, PvP is much better balanced in retail. In fact, all class balance is better in retail since on classic half the classes aren't even viable for endgame or have utter useless specs.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

That's cause the game exists for a lonnnnnnggggg time, and we already leveled up so much that we are now 120. Vanilla is tiny level 60 adventurer not knowing the world for the first time. Now we are damn champions, we got stronger, we are saviors of azeroth. We are all this BS, and PVP is indeed a joke. And loot is easy, and loot is a mess i hate the forges.
    In a game that exists for long that has little to nothing almost to explore that you don't know already, the only thing that makes you feel progressing is on raids, R.io numbers, m+ and when you have those tiny 10 levels extra every expansion and explore the new maps and content. And most rares are not rares anymore cause they can't give you anything decent to make them rares. It's like oh rare, they respawn every 1 minute and the loot they give you is extra AP or something.

I said this here and i'm going to say it again, they should make us feel like adventurers again and not just champions and that we are too strong. We should be back to be a bunch of plebs that don't know what they are doing.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-09-24 at 04:35 PM.

Finally an accurate answer.

I'd say classic is more tedious than retail, not harder though. It's the lack of QoL and everything takes an extremely long time to achieve except for raids.

It's also fair to say that in classic, raid tiers are segmented by difficulty, MC is LFR, BWL is normal, AQ40 is heroic and naxx is mythic ( or at least the closest to being mythic), so comparing MC with a mythic raid is just out of context.

It's also funny how everyone mentions raids but no one talks about dungeons, with the exception of high m+ keys, classic dungeons are much more engaging and take quite a while longer than retail dungeons to clear, and before some people jump me, I'm not talking about SM/ZF aoe farm groups, just lvl 50+ dungeons in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Retail at least has some fun things to do.
    Even when i'm without content to complete i go to my achievements and i always find something to do. And i spend time doing it. On classic you don't have achievements even. You don't have toys to. When i was farming Huolon, i used to do PVP there all the time and use Toys and pets to talk to my opposite faction, putting words on pets name. LOL That is a good way of communicating, you do like /point (to pet), and have a word. Usually i said "Plebian", "Chicken". LOL And they would sometimes stop and look at it, then after seeming we were friends they decided to attack me, sometimes i would win or not. Huolon mount farming is the best pvp place.
    And i loved it when they used to Thunderstorm us from the cliff there. I would be like, you damn feget. ahahah

Conclusion is that i have more fun on current wow still.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    the only thing that is harder in retail are the mythic raids, else everything is easy, questing, getting reputation, traveling, getting gear, making gold, leveling professions, making a raid group, etc are way easy.
    Well, I played classic back in the day and I play it now. I cant really say the questing is "harder" in that it requires more effort from me when killing a mob. Its more having to do with after each kill I gotta eat, heal up, first aid or get mana back.

Sure, retail is probably more forgiving, but come on - imagine if we had to level like in classic but on retail. For 120 levels on other chars then our mains.

When it comes to raids: All classic content are now easily done with pugs in bad gear. You cant walk into Aszhara HC with bad gear, in a pug, and clear it no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Lol getafkouttaheee. I hate pathfinders. People like them i'm more simplistic i prefer wasting my money to be able to fly. But then designers would be sad cause i wouldn't appreciate ground design! (Even tho i would, i just like to fly that's all. I BELIEVE I CAN FLYYYYY)
    Thank you! We already spent most of the expansion on the ground and Pathfinder Part 1 grinding so many reputation bars. Part 2 should have either not been a thing or just Mechagon, Nazjatar is depressing to quest in.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Sure, retail is probably more forgiving, but come on - imagine if we had to level like in classic but on retail. For 120 levels on other chars then our mains.
    That's what i'm trying to say here too. People don't get that the style of 60 levels leveling, for 120 levels has to be more doable. You don't want for starters to level that much, is too much already, and for second if you grind like in classic on retail you would never want to play retail and explore more classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Eh, kind of, but at the same time that's simply because people aren't used to the content at that level. Once it's learned and they practice the proper in's and out's it'll be relegated to farm content. Classic isn't designed to be punishing, you can mess up here and there and still get through. That's why I say it's built more around tedium; which again, isn't a bad thing if that's what you're into.
    Everything has a shelf life a point when it should be moved on from. I would argue classics system is far longer lasting and rewarding then what is currently on offer and gives much more meaningful rewards.